Windows 10: Windows 10’s June 2019 update may cause a temporary black screen

Discus and support Windows 10’s June 2019 update may cause a temporary black screen in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; On Tuesday, Microsoft released the June 2019 cumulative updates for all supported versions of Windows 10. On June 15, the support documents for Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jun 15, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10’s June 2019 update may cause a temporary black screen

On Tuesday, Microsoft released the June 2019 cumulative updates for all supported versions of Windows 10. On June 15, the support documents for Windows October 2018 Update and April 2018 Update were updated with a new known issue.

Microsoft has confirmed that June 2019 cumulative update for Windows 10 version 1809 and version 1803 has a bug that could cause a black screen on a small number of devices. Microsoft says the black screen bug is only hitting some devices and it shows up only during the first logon after installing updates.

“We are investigating reports that a small number of devices may startup to a black screen during the first logon after installing updates,” Microsoft explains in an updated document.

Microsoft is investigating the reports and the company has also shared a simple workaround. If you experience a black screen after installing the Windows 10 June 2019 cumulative updates, you’re recommended to following the steps outlined below:

• Press and hold Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select the Power button on the login screen.
    • Select Restart.

“We are working on a resolution and will provide an update in an upcoming release,” the company noted.

It’s worth noting Windows 10 May 2019 Update (version 1903) is not affected by any black screen bug.

Other bugs

Windows 10 Build 17763.557 comes with several other known issues. For instance, Microsoft is aware of a bug where Edge or UWP apps may fail to access printing function.

The post Windows 10’s June 2019 update may cause a temporary black screen appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jun 15, 2019
  2. rtwjunkie Win User

Temporary Black Screen, then no problem

@wolf2009: No, Loading screen not disabled. Would that have any effect on the 3 temporary black screens after windows loads? I'll give it a try tonight though.

@tigger69: I think I might have another AGP card to try. Do you think it could be the video card, as after about 5 minutes, everything is ok. If I can dig an old 6800GT out of storage tonight, I'll try it.

Thanks for some suggestions both of you.

rtwjunkie, Jun 15, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Jun 15, 2019
  4. Windows 10’s June 2019 update may cause a temporary black screen

KB4497935 CAUSING INFINITE BLACK SCREEN WITH SPINNING CIRCLE

Hi,

Thanks for the reply and appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

Please answer these questions to get additional information for clarity:

1. Are you getting a black screen before signing in to Windows 10?
    2. Are you getting a black or blank screen after signing in to Windows 10?
    3. Are you getting a black screen with spinning dots after restarting the device?

Some of the common scenarios that can cause a black or blank screen to occur are connection problems with your display, display adapter driver update issues, or issues with recent updates or installations.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to check if that works.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14106/windows-10-troubleshoot-black-screen-or-blank-screen-errors

Let us know the result of the steps performed so that we can help you further.

Awaiting your reply.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Jun 15, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10’s June 2019 update may cause a temporary black screen

1. Windows 10’s June 2019 update may cause a temporary black screen - Similar Threads - 10’s June 2019

2. LiveKernalEvent 141 causing temporary black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    LiveKernalEvent 141 causing temporary black screen: At random times my computer will lock up and can only be fixed my forcing a reset. When the error occurs it freezes whatever is playing games/videos but the audio continues. I'm able to create a new desktop by using the Windows shortcut but once I start any application on...
  3. lost touch screen with may/june update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    lost touch screen with may/june update: Levovo 11e Type 20D9, 20DA Laptop ThinkPad - Type 20DA gen 1, win10 home build 19041.329. before update touch screen worked fine now the os states no pen or touch screen available, nothing shows in device manager in HID...
  4. BLACK SCREEN USING EXTEND SCREEN WINDOWS 10 1903 MAY UPDATE 2019

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BLACK SCREEN USING EXTEND SCREEN WINDOWS 10 1903 MAY UPDATE 2019: WHEN I USING EXETEND SCREEN AND THE LAPTOP I AM WORKING WITH BY EXAMPLE WITH EXCEL AND THE EXTEND SCREEN WITH VISUAL STUDIO OR I USING SOME LEARNING YOUTUBE LESSONS I RECEIVE THE BLACK SCREEN, I NEED TO TURN OFF MY LAPTOP AND RESTART AND ONLY USE THE LAPTOP SCREEN EVERYTHING...
  5. May 2019 update for windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    May 2019 update for windows 10: Hoping someone can help with this issue. I use a usb device for wifi. I don't have any other usb devices connected to my pc. I have tried numerous times to upgrade to the May update with no success. Keeps telling me "You can't install Windows on a USB flash drive using...
  6. June 2019 Update

June 2019 Update: I have an Asus laptop with a SSD. I was working on my computer and when I was done, I clicked on "Update and Shut Down". About 3 hours later I came back and found my computer had locked up. I shut it down and it hasn't worked since. Now when I turn it on all I get is a black...
  7. June 2019 update

June 2019 update: Update installed last night - all night. This morning I get a black screen after it asks to sign in and an error message that System profile Desktop is unavailable. Only recycle bin is visible. Can’t open any files. How do I roll back to yesterday?...
  8. Windows 10 June 2019 updates may break some Bluetooth devices

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 June 2019 updates may break some Bluetooth devices: The June 2019 cumulative updates are now available for all supported versions of Windows and the focus of the patches is specifically on security improvements. Windows 10 May 2019 Update is receiving KB4503293 which brings up Build 18362.175. On the other hand, Windows 10...
  9. May 2019 update on windows 10

May 2019 update on windows 10: I did the may 2019 update: next day when I tried to sign on, windows does not recognize my password, opens as if I am a new Microsoft/windows account ( home screen with a window) and all folders/photos (and some apps) missing. I'm asked to set up new account because it says...
  10. Windows 10 May 2019 Update

Windows 10 May 2019 Update: [ATTACH]Hello, I am using Windows 10 and currently on version 1809 May 2019 update. While everyone else is on Version 1903 May 2019 update. Why am i still stuck on Windows 10 Version 1809 while other people are on Windows 10 Version 1903?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. which windows update from june 2019 causes the black screen

2. new update cause black screen 2019

3. We are investigating reports that a small number of devices may startup to a black screen during the first logon after installing updates.