Windows 10: Windows 10’s latest feature update is now compatible with more devices

Discus and support Windows 10’s latest feature update is now compatible with more devices in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Last month, Microsoft warned Windows 10 users that they might be blocked from upgrading to Windows 10 version 20H2 or other updates due to a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Dec 14, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10’s latest feature update is now compatible with more devices

Last month, Microsoft warned Windows 10 users that they might be blocked from upgrading to Windows 10 version 20H2 or other updates due to a compatibility issue with Intel’s SSD and some audio drivers.

The problem was first reported by users in October and later acknowledged by both Intel and Microsoft. Over the weekend, Microsoft revealed that it has resolved an issue blocking Intel PCs from applying Windows 10 feature updates.

Microsoft said that the compatibility issue causes Windows 10 to crash with a Blue Screen of Death error when external NVMe SSDs are detected.

The fix is now available with Windows 10 December 2020 cumulative update and it will apply automatically via Windows Update. On December 11, Microsoft confirmed that it has also removed the compatibility hold, which means more people can now install the latest and upcoming feature updates.

Windows 10’s latest feature update is now compatible with more devices Windows-10-compatibility-hold.jpg

December 2020 patch for Windows 10 also includes fixes for an issue where Windows Mail and Narrator freezes. Another bug has been fixed where the Xbox Game Bar app stops working on some configurations when playing DX9 games

There are some other useful fixes bundled with the December update, but as ever, cumulative updates can sometimes cause fresh problems in Windows 10, so it’s better to make sure that you’ve taken a backup.

Audio drivers

In addition to SSD compatibility issue, Microsoft has fixed another bug where some audio drivers won’t work. The safeguard hold has now been removed for devices with affected audio drivers, but it can take up to 48 hours before the updates are offered to your device.

Unfortunately, Windows 10 version 20H2 is still plagued with multiple known issues. For example, Microsoft is investigating an issue where Windows Credentials Manager will force users to enter their credentials in Chrome and other apps after every system reboot.

The post Windows 10’s latest feature update is now compatible with more devices appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Dec 14, 2020
  2. MrGenius Win User

Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Dec 14, 2020
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Is it time for Windows 10 already?

Again, for those that want the update reservation and you meet the requirements ---> Upgrade to Windows 10 for Free

And, some info from the FAQ page:

Also, some interesting info from the Specifications page:

95Viper, Dec 14, 2020
  4. jsfitz54 Win User

Rufus 2.18, last update to support Windows XP and Vista

SEE HERE: http://rufus.akeo.ie/

Changelog
    • Version 2.18 (2017.11.07)
      • Ensure that the same drive is reselected on device refresh
      • Add a cheat mode to cycle the USB port of currently selected device
      • Make lookup for updatable .cfg file more generic (e.g. ESET SysRescue)
      • Fix handling of multiextent ISOs (e.g. BlackArch Linux)
      • Fix propagation of image decompression errors
      • Update grub4dos to latest
      RUFUS 2.18 IS THE LAST RELEASE TO SUPPORT WINDOWS XP AND WINDOWS VISTA.
      FUTURE RELEASES WILL NO LONGER BE COMPATIBLE WITH THESE PLATFORMS!

jsfitz54, Dec 14, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10’s latest feature update is now compatible with more devices - Similar Threads - 10’s latest feature

2. Will more devices become compatible with Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will more devices become compatible with Windows 11?: I have a device with an Intel i7-7820HQ processor, which seems to support Windows 11 - but only for specific devices as is visible here Supported Systems Microsoft Learn. My device is not covered, although the processor should be modern enough at least if it were in another...
  3. Will more devices become compatible with Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will more devices become compatible with Windows 11?: I have a device with an Intel i7-7820HQ processor, which seems to support Windows 11 - but only for specific devices as is visible here Supported Systems Microsoft Learn. My device is not covered, although the processor should be modern enough at least if it were in another...
  4. Windows 10's Latest Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10's Latest Update: Windows 10's latest update was not what I expected to be. I can't open the start menu, I can't do task view, I can't change the volume, I can't open up the calendar, and I get a file system error when I open up an image or video....
  5. Windows 10's Latest Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10's Latest Update: Windows 10's latest update was not what I expected to be. I can't open the start menu, I can't do task view, I can't change the volume, I can't open up the calendar, and I get a file system error when I open up an image or video....
  6. Windows 10's Latest Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows 10’s new meeting feature is now live for more users

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10’s new meeting feature is now live for more users: With the rise of free video conferencing tools, Microsoft is increasingly pushing Skype’s Meet Now feature across its products. The Insider preview builds recently added the Zoom-killer feature to the taskbar and the same Meet now experience is now rolling out to everyone...
  8. windows 10 latest feature update?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows 10 latest feature update?: My laptop just been stuck on "Status: getting things ready 71%" for 20+ hours... The thing is my internet speed is really fast (1gb plan). Is there a way I can download it through some windows website ? submitted by /u/askquestion453 [link] [comments]...
  9. Not been able to update my windows 10 device to the latest Feature update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Not been able to update my windows 10 device to the latest Feature update.: Good Afternoon, I have been trying to update my windows 10 device from version no. 1809 to version no. 1903 but the update is just not showing up in the windows update section after I click on check nfor updates. It says it's up to date. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Please...
  10. Windows latest feature update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows latest feature update.: So I recently switched over to Widows 10 from 8.1 and now it's updating. Every other updates were installed but the feature update isn't downloading and it's stuck at 0 %. Please help a brother out....