Windows 10: Windows 10’s latest update addresses printer mess, random reboots

Discus and support Windows 10’s latest update addresses printer mess, random reboots in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 10’s June 2020 cumulative update was a huge mess for some users as it crashed printers, software-based printing features and also resulted in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jul 15, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10’s latest update addresses printer mess, random reboots

Windows 10’s June 2020 cumulative update was a huge mess for some users as it crashed printers, software-based printing features and also resulted in forced system reboots. With July 2020 cumulative update, Microsoft has resolved at least three major problems on Windows 10.

Last month, printer issues appeared for some users after installing Windows 10’s May 2020 Update and the subsequent security updates. Many users and administrators were unable to print using devices from multiple manufacturers, including Brother and Ricoh.

In addition, Microsoft also managed to break the virtual PDF printers, also known as software-based printing feature.

With KB4565503 for version 2004 and KB4565483 for version 1909/1903, Microsoft says it has resolved all the printing woes caused by an update released on June 9, 2020. If you have issues with your printers or printing service, make sure that you’ve updated to the most recent version of Windows 10.

Forced reboots

Last month, Microsoft also owned up to the fact that Windows 10 has yet another serious problem that will force reboot some systems. Cumulative updates, which were released on June 9, may cause a critical issue with the Local Security Authority Process.

Affected users previously noted that they’re randomly receiving “your PC will automatically restart in one minute” error after booting to the desktop.

Fortunately, Windows 10’s most recent cumulative finally addresses this problem and your PC will no longer attempt to restart itself.

OneDrive

Earlier this month, Microsoft confirmed that Windows 10 May 2020 Update breaks OneDrive functionality on older PCs which have apps that use the old legacy file system. Microsoft noted that the bug causes OneDrive to fail with “OneDrive cannot connect to Windows” – when trying to open Microsoft’s cloud storage service on Windows 10.

Microsoft promised that it is working on a resolution and the company has kept its word.

With Windows 10 KB4565503 update, Microsoft has finally resolved all issues with the OneDrive app and the contents synced to the cloud storage service.

In theory, this should also remove the upgrade block for some Windows 10 version 1909 and 1903 users in the next 48 hours.

The post Windows 10’s latest update addresses printer mess, random reboots appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jul 15, 2020

2. Windows 10 update cause printer problem with: "Printer not activated - Error - 20"

Hi John,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the printer after the Windows Update, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • How is the printer connected to the computer, locally or through network?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue?

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the drivers for printer and check.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate and expand Print queue.

• Right-click on the printer driver
      that is listed and click Update driver software.

Step 2: I suggest you to run the printer troubleshooter from
    Fix printer problems
    and then check if this fixes the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 15, 2020
  3. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Jul 15, 2020
  4. Pacot3 Win User

Random reboots with Windows 10

Random reboots happening on my custom built Windows 10 PC. Not sure what's causing it since the last things I updated on it were my memory and graphics card. Tried swapping them back out with what I previously had in my computer but I still get random
    crashes. Reboots happens without any warning, no blue screen or any other error messages. Here is the last mini dump from my computer:

Google Drive: Anmelden

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkgLeZ-e7xzpiwDvcWN8ebWnuMy9

If anyone has any suggestions or help that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Pacot3, Jul 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10’s latest update addresses printer mess, random reboots - Similar Threads - 10’s latest update

2. randomly reboot and restart after the latest updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    randomly reboot and restart after the latest updates: Since November 2022 updates: 1. My desktop restarts several times during boot. Booting only succeeds in "debug mode", if at all. 2. Windows restarts unexpectedly and randomly within 1-30 minutes after a successful boot. 3. I reported the problem to Microsoft Customer Service...
  3. Windows 10's Latest Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10's Latest Update: Windows 10's latest update was not what I expected to be. I can't open the start menu, I can't do task view, I can't change the volume, I can't open up the calendar, and I get a file system error when I open up an image or video....
  4. Windows 10's Latest Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10's Latest Update: Windows 10's latest update was not what I expected to be. I can't open the start menu, I can't do task view, I can't change the volume, I can't open up the calendar, and I get a file system error when I open up an image or video....
  5. Windows 10's Latest Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Latest update is a mess.

Latest update is a mess.: My computer keeps restarting to install updates while I am using it. This has happened continuously since the last update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/latest-update-is-a-mess/b3a03320-0d84-4437-80eb-def7c384ad02
  7. Latest windows update messed my pc!

Latest windows update messed my pc!: So i got a message from windows asking my to update my pc... saying that my version will stop being supported by October 2019.. 1)after updating i found out that windows no longer had my Ati drivers... 2)Then after 20 minutes or so they reappear!! 3)The same happened...
  8. Latest Update Made A Mess

Latest Update Made A Mess: Running Windows 10 on new Acer Aspire laptop. Updates would not load, got that resolved and now computer is a mess. It is showing my name twice on the log in screen which is now asking for my password. I am the only user and am the administrator, yet cannot run anything as...
  9. Windows 10 latest updates have totally messed my laptop & printer up!!!!!!

Windows 10 latest updates have totally messed my laptop & printer up!!!!!!: What the heck? After the last 2 weeks of horrible laptop issues and printer issues I finally did a factory reinstall on my laptop and it worked - for awhile - until the last windows updates went in this morning and it went right back to the same issues! 1st - I lost the...
  10. Laptop random reboot after update to latest win edition

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop random reboot after update to latest win edition: Hi Guys, love the new iteration of windows 10. Its cool and looks a little more polished. However I exprienced random reboots with my laptop while using it, and I think its not hardware related. SFC reports no issues. Any tools I can use to narrow the problem down?...