Windows 10: Windows 10’s Microsoft Edge is more battery friendly than Chrome

Discus and support Windows 10’s Microsoft Edge is more battery friendly than Chrome in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft Edge, Windows 10’s latest default web browser, and the successor to the company’s Internet Explorer web browser is still struggling to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, May 24, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10’s Microsoft Edge is more battery friendly than Chrome

Microsoft Edge, Windows 10’s latest default web browser, and the successor to the company’s Internet Explorer web browser is still struggling to improve its market share since it first appeared on PCs in 2015. The Internet Explorer has been usurped by the Edge browser but it still has more users.

Microsoft is betting big on Edge and it still hopes that the browser would one day become the preferred choice for users on Windows 10. Microsoft in the past few months has published new ads to promote the new features of Edge, and the company’s latest ad claims that the browser is more battery efficient.

Microsoft uploaded a new video to YouTube to promote that Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 is more battery friendly than Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. The company’s default web browser for Windows 10 could save power when running the basic tasks like watching a video on YouTube or apps.

While it’s yet another ad that shows just how advanced Edge browser is compared to third-party apps, but truth to be told, Microsoft’s default browser is indeed better than the rivals in terms of battery life.

The new 30-second video on YouTube highlights the benchmark test that Microsoft performed to compare the battery life of a Windows 10 PC when using Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox.

As expected, Edge wins the test and is more power efficient than the rivals. It is, however, worth noting that the gap between Edge and Chrome is closing as Microsoft’s browser can last only 14% longer than Google’s. On the other hand, the company says that its browser can last 98% longer than Mozilla Firefox.

Microsoft is using a video-playback benchmark and the test has been conducted on Surface devices running the Windows 10 April 2018 Update, version 1803.

The post Windows 10’s Microsoft Edge is more battery friendly than Chrome appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, May 24, 2018

2. Can't install Chrome from Edge in Windows 10

After reading several of the posts listed here, I too have been using Edge since updating to Windows 10 and could not download Chrome. So, following one of the suggestions, I went to the start button and opened programs and selected Windows Accessories
    and selected and opened Internet Explorer and searched for Google Chrome download and it installed in less than 3 to 5 minutes max. Not sure why problem in trying to install using Edge but Explorer allowed me to get it down in minutes. Thanks for suggestion.

RickMcKinnie, May 24, 2018
  3. Edge Import Bookmarks from Chrome does not work

Hi,

To resolve your issue with Microsoft Edge, we suggest that you clear your browsing data. Please follow the steps below:

• Click on the 3 dots at the upper right corner of Edge.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Go to Clear browsing data.
    • Click on Choose what to clear > Clear.
    • Try to import your bookmarks from Chrome to Microsoft Edge.

Let us know how it goes.

Melowin Mar, May 24, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10’s Microsoft Edge is more battery friendly than Chrome

1. Windows 10’s Microsoft Edge is more battery friendly than Chrome - Similar Threads - 10’s Microsoft Edge

2. Is Windows 10 more friendly to older laptop than Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Windows 10 more friendly to older laptop than Windows 11: My laptop is Lenovo Yoga 730, which is an old laptop that meets the minimum system requirements for Windows 11. I'm still hesitant to upgrade to Windows 11 before figuring out two questions.1. Does Windows 10 run more fluently than Windows 11 on old laptops?2. Do any...
  3. Is Windows 10 more friendly to older laptop than Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is Windows 10 more friendly to older laptop than Windows 11: My laptop is Lenovo Yoga 730, which is an old laptop that meets the minimum system requirements for Windows 11. I'm still hesitant to upgrade to Windows 11 before figuring out two questions.1. Does Windows 10 run more fluently than Windows 11 on old laptops?2. Do any...
  4. Microsoft will begin pushing Windows 10’s new Edge to more users

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft will begin pushing Windows 10’s new Edge to more users: The era of the traditional Microsoft Edge will come to an end for consumers and businesses in the coming months. In January, Microsoft announced that Chromium Edge will replace the classic Edge, which uses Microsoft’s own EdgeHTML to render pages, and Microsoft recently...
  5. Battery not charging more than 60%

in Windows 10 Customization
    Battery not charging more than 60%: Battery is not charging more than 60%. It's a brand new ASUS Rog. I already tried. 1. Rebooting 2. Factory reset 3. Reinstalling drivers It's a new laptop. So I don't think any issue with battery or charger. Something to do with windows settings....
  6. Battery cannot charge more than 74%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery cannot charge more than 74%: Good day team. I have a Lenovo Thinkpad T450 Model. I just updated it from version 1903 to version 1909 yesterday. Before this update, it charges to 100% i.e both the internal battery and the external battery. After the update yesterday, it can no longer charge up to...
  7. Edge Chromium opens more than 10 instances in Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Edge Chromium opens more than 10 instances in Windows 10.: A few days a go, I've downloaded the new Ede Canary Channel. It's beautiful, speedy, and very customizable. But their perfomance it's very strange. Their consumption of Ram (instance principal) it's about 260 Mb. But if (in the Task Manager) you go down in the list of...
  8. Laptop battery not charging more than 60%

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop battery not charging more than 60%: Laptop Asus X507 UA; all updates to OS are allowed automatically. I rightly or wrongly opted for 'best battery life' in the battery settings. It charges battery to 60%. There are a lot of power cuts where I live and I cannot work for longer period as I have to conserve...
  9. Is there any truth in Edge using less battery than Chrome?

in Browsers and Email
    Is there any truth in Edge using less battery than Chrome?: I got a pop up message on my machine stating that using chrome uses more battery than Edge browser. I feel this is a cheap marketing tactic from MS which really should not be happening in the OS. Question though - is there any truth in it? [img] 67470
  10. Get more out of your battery with Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Get more out of your battery with Microsoft Edge: rjrxOOfi54k Using a power efficient browser is one of the best ways to get more out of your PC or tablet – whether you’re checking email, shopping online, playing games, or watching movies. Today’s laptops and tablets last longer than ever, thanks to major advances in...