Windows 10: Windows 10's most recent update broke my PC!!

Discus and support Windows 10's most recent update broke my PC!! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have had it with Windows 10 and their forced updates...I've always avoided installing the updates that they provide as much as possible because not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Xavveina, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Xavveina Win User

Windows 10's most recent update broke my PC!!

I have had it with Windows 10 and their forced updates...I've always avoided installing the updates that they provide as much as possible because not one of them has ever been useful for me. All they've ever done is slow my PC more than it already is. I constantly turn off the thing that automatically downloads and installs them, but low and behold, it somehow manages to find a way to bypass that and forcibly make me install the updates anyway. Majority of the time I just do system restore to bring it back to the point before the update and it's fine...but not this time.

About 2 weeks ago now, my Windows informed me that it was restarting to install the most recent update out of the blue. I did everything I could to stop it, but nothing worked. I eventually just restarted my PC, but that just started the update anyway. Once again, it FORCED me to add their stupid update. Then what happened? Well, after the update installed, my PC proceeded to freeze every 5minutes - couple of hours after starting up, and I'd have to restart every time. I looked up every solution I could find, everything I could do to fix it, but absolutely nothing worked. I even reset my PC, wiping everything off of it and starting it fresh, and that STILL did nothing. Now, the only option I have left is spending hundreds of dollars on a new hard drive that may or may not fix the problem. Windows DESTROYED my PC by FORCING me to install an update that I never wanted.

:)

Xavveina, Oct 1, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 1, 2019
  3. Windows 10 broke my steam

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Method 1: Try updating the Video card drivers and check if it helps.

Follow the steps to update the Video card driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Video card listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.

Method 2: Try installing the game in Compatibility mode and check.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Right click the Game setup file and select Properties then tap or click the Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap or click the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click OK.
    • Try installing the Game and check.

If still the issue persist then I suggest you to follow the suggestion provided by crazzilla replied on August 3, 2015 from the below link and check if it helps.

Windows 10 & Steam Gaming - most games broke

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 1, 2019
  4. MrGenius Win User

Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Oct 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10's most recent update broke my PC!! - Similar Threads - 10's recent update

2. recent windows 10 updates broke my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    recent windows 10 updates broke my computer: got some optional updates recently and i guess they just totally ruined my computer. i went to restart my pc because taskbar functions weren't working and it gave me an error message when i tried to open settings. now it's trying to auto repair over and over again with no...
  3. recent windows 10 updates broke my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    recent windows 10 updates broke my computer: got some optional updates recently and i guess they just totally ruined my computer. i went to restart my pc because taskbar functions weren't working and it gave me an error message when i tried to open settings. now it's trying to auto repair over and over again with no...
  4. recent windows 10 updates broke my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Most Recent Windows 10 Update

Most Recent Windows 10 Update: I got that big update in the last 10 days. On its way to the desktop, it showed some new things. I was in a hurry and skipped past it. Is there a way to get back to that OR is there a list of new features available? One thing that I keep running into and don't know how I am...
  6. Most recent windows update completely broke PC

Most recent windows update completely broke PC: The day after i downloaded the most recent windows update from I think the 11th my pc restarted and would not allow me to get to the desktop no matter what, at first it was freezing at lock screen, then it started booting into a black loading screen, then it ended up getting...
  7. recent windows update recently 'broke' my gpu.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    recent windows update recently 'broke' my gpu.: Ok, so today morning i did a restart for technical purposes and the next boot i noticed my color was desaturated and my gpu software said my gpu wasnt installed correctly, so i went to recovery mode and reverted the last update. and now here i am with yellow parts of my...
  8. Most recent Windows 10 update broke the brightness setting on laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Most recent Windows 10 update broke the brightness setting on laptop: As the title says , the most recent major update removed the Brightness controls for my laptop. I did try to update stuff in the Devise Manager , but nothing has worked....
  9. most recent update broke wireless connections

most recent update broke wireless connections: Hello! Since the last update, every time I change wireless networks with my laptop, the wireless adapter can't see any networks. Once I reboot at the new location, it connects just fine. But it means I have to reboot literally every time I open the laptop at home, at work,...
  10. Sound broke after most recent update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound broke after most recent update: I saw the lil update thing in the bottom right corner. I updated my pc, and everything was normal, except the audio had a red x instead of being muted or on. Clicking it opened the troubleshooter, which was worthless. I tried updating my drivers, it says they are up to date....