Windows 10: Windows 10's network flyout shows unavailable network connections and tries to connect to it

Discus and support Windows 10's network flyout shows unavailable network connections and tries to connect to it in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm infuriated by the network flyout, or the entire networking mechanism, in Windows 10. It consistently fails to realise that a WiFi network is no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/dpak_hk, Nov 17, 2019.

1. Windows 10's network flyout shows unavailable network connections and tries to connect to it

I'm infuriated by the network flyout, or the entire networking mechanism, in Windows 10. It consistently fails to realise that a WiFi network is no longer available after the router/hotspot has been turned off. It still tries to connect to that network even it has some other network available. It's been over 30 minutes since I had turned off my phone's hotspot. And it's still showing in the network flyout.

This behaviour gives me so much anxiety when there's something downloading, especially a Windows 10 insider build which is expensive size-wise. It's good that it doesn't outright fail after the connection it was downloading over is closed.

I have data plans on two of my sim cards, one of which is in my secondary phone (I use it as a portable hotspot device). So when one of them is slow, I first switch on the hotspot on the other phone, connect to it on Windows and then switch off the hotspot on the first phone. But if for some reason this fails, say there's temporarily no internet connection on the second phone, Windows keeps trying to connect to the already switched-off hotspot instead of being connected to the available network even if there's no internet *cries in frustration*

This isn't a one-off incident. It's been happening on Windows 10 since forever; on my older laptop and my current laptop. I hope I'm not the only person affected.

I'm pretty sure if I post this as a problem on the Feedback Hub, it won't get any attention like my most other feedbacks.

submitted by /u/dpak_hk
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/dpak_hk, Nov 17, 2019

2. Losing network connection

Hello Dear, if you have a laptop or a PC with a wireless network adapter, you can see a list of available wireless networks and then connect to one of those networks. The wireless networks will only appear if your PC has a wireless network adapter installed, the adapter is turned on, and the wireless access point is in range.

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Connections.

2. In the left pane, under Network Tasks, click View available wireless networks.
    In case, If you don't see the network you want to connect to, click Refresh network list. If you see the network but the signal is weak, move the PC closer to the wireless router.

3. Click the network you want to connect to, and then click Connect.

4. If you're connecting to a secure network, type the security key, and then click OK.

I Hope you solve out your query soon.

martinkaren77, Nov 17, 2019
  3. Mel Tar Win User
    No network connection

Hello Graham,

To resolve your concern about wireless network issues, please click the link below and follow the suggested troubleshooting steps:

Let us know how it goes.

Mel Tar, Nov 17, 2019
  4. Castiel Win User

Windows 10's network flyout shows unavailable network connections and tries to connect to it

PC wont connect to network.

I have a HP computer that is set off aside that I am going to use for folding and for some reason it wont connect to my network. I have the modem connected to a switch, and from there my computer and the HP is connected, but I can get a connection but not my HP comp. Now when I hit repair it says that it couldn't do anything because it stops at IP renewing. I have even went into networking and changed the network connection to the top of the list.

See I hit repair and it says that it is renewing the IP address but it doesn't, then error.

How can I get it connected to my internet?

Castiel, Nov 17, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10's network flyout shows unavailable network connections and tries to connect to it

1. Windows 10's network flyout shows unavailable network connections and tries to connect to it - Similar Threads - 10's network flyout

2. pc not showing networks to connect to

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc not showing networks to connect to: I skipped the let’s connect you to a network screen by pressing alt + f4 because i don't have ethernet and there was no other options and now my computer doesn’t show me any networks to connect to. what should i do?...
  3. pc not showing networks to connect to

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    pc not showing networks to connect to: I skipped the let’s connect you to a network screen by pressing alt + f4 because i don't have ethernet and there was no other options and now my computer doesn’t show me any networks to connect to. what should i do?...
  4. Network Connected to Internet, but not show in Available Network

Network Connected to Internet, but not show in Available Network: I am using Windows Enterprise LTSC 2019.After I upgrade my network to 10Gbe Network, I find that there is no Wired Interface showing in the Available Networks section. As some programs related to the Available Networks, I cannot do any config for my new 10Gbe Adapter.In the...
  5. Windows network shows as not connected, but ethernet is connected

Windows network shows as not connected, but ethernet is connected: I can browse the internet, download files, etc. but because Windows doesn't seem to know it is connected via ethernet I can't download Windows updates. I've tried an operating reset twice and not getting anywhere, neither by uninstalling and reinstalling drivers....
  6. Network shows not connected although connected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Network shows not connected although connected: Hello - I have a Yoga Lenovo 930C and I am able to surf the internet via Edge Google etc but it says that "I am not connected to the Internet" and the only suggestion it gives me is to "reset my network" which I have done and it still doesn't show as connected although I...
  7. TRYING TO CONNECT PRINTER TO NETWORK

TRYING TO CONNECT PRINTER TO NETWORK: I had to replace my gateway and now the printer I had in my network says windows can't access it when I try to open it in the network. It says to check the name spelling. The name on the one I am trying to access which is listed in the network is Workforce 840 and the name on...
  8. Trying to connect printer to network

in Windows 10 Customization
    Trying to connect printer to network: I want to connect my printer HP Office JetPro 6970 to the network. The printer is offline now and I try to get it online to use on my computer. This printer is connected to the internet wirelessly....
  9. WiFi network not showing or connecting

WiFi network not showing or connecting: My acer laptop runs win10 .I usually use internet by connecting with wifi.But now it is neither showing any network nor connecting.I have run network trouble shooter .It asks to turn on wireless capability.But it is already on .I disabled wireless and enable it again.But same...
  10. windows 10 showing not connected to a network

windows 10 showing not connected to a network: Hi my windows 10 pc is connected to the internet OK, and I can access the web, but is showing no network connection. there is no !known networks option! showing on setting page ?.I wish to set up home sharing, I have rebooted the router, deleted and re-installed the driver...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what is network flyout