Windows 10: Windows 10's new 'Bluetooth A2DP Sink' turns your PC into a Bluetooth speaker

Discus and support Windows 10's new 'Bluetooth A2DP Sink' turns your PC into a Bluetooth speaker in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/dreamygeek [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/dreamygeek, Jun 9, 2020.

1. Windows 10's new 'Bluetooth A2DP Sink' turns your PC into a Bluetooth speaker

/u/dreamygeek, Jun 9, 2020
  2. aasim1111 Win User

Bluetooth in windows 10

My computer specs are as listed in the profile. I think all of you guys are correct. I don't have built-in Bluetooth in mobo.

I contacted skull candy headphones and thy have told me if I do not have built-in Bluetooth, I would need a dongle which supports at least a2dp. I do not know what the heck that means. I have a feeling I would need more than a cheap dongle.

Anyone suggest some a2dp adapters. I searched but don't know what a2dp is so couldn't make a decision

aasim1111, Jun 9, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Bluetooth in windows 10

USB-BT211 Mini Bluetooth Dongle | Networking | ASUS Global

• Support A2DP for Wireless Stereo Music Playback
    Edit: This is a dongle with old BT version I see now, but I'm sure you can find a Asus BT4.0 version.

Edit2:

@aasim1111 I have this one, it doesn't show that it supports A2DP in the specs but I think it'll work, otherwise send a mail to Asus and ask.
    USB-BT400 | Networking | ASUS Global

P4-630, Jun 9, 2020
  4. Angelo Win User

Windows 10's new 'Bluetooth A2DP Sink' turns your PC into a Bluetooth speaker

Bluetooth audio from an iPhone to windows 10 PC (A2DP sink)

I was able to do this in Windows 7, but now I have a Windows 10 PC and I can't get it to work. The iPhone is running iOS 11.4 and the PC has Windows 10 with latest updates (version 1709, OS Build 16299.431)

What I want to do is to be able to make music/podcasts on my iPhone play through the speakers on my PC using a bluetooth connection between them.

I have been able to pair my phone to the PC using the "Bluetooth & other devices" dialog as shown in the first screenshot. It appears in the control panel as a bluetooth device second screenshot and I can connect to the PC from the phone using Settings/Bluetooth. The problem is that I can't play audio from the iphone using the PC speakers. When I try, the iPhone just plays through its internal speakers.

Can anyone walk me through how to do this? Am I describing this functionality correctly?

1. Screen showing the iPhone is connected.

Windows 10's new 'Bluetooth A2DP Sink' turns your PC into a Bluetooth speaker nEfaml.jpg

2. Screen showing device details.

Windows 10's new 'Bluetooth A2DP Sink' turns your PC into a Bluetooth speaker fGLXol.jpg

3. Screenshot showing Bluetooth details on the iPhone.

Windows 10's new 'Bluetooth A2DP Sink' turns your PC into a Bluetooth speaker YzLNCl.jpg

4. But the iPhone does not appear as an input device in sound settings:

Windows 10's new 'Bluetooth A2DP Sink' turns your PC into a Bluetooth speaker sbCIol.png

5. The Bluetooth adaptor is from Intel, latest firmware:

Windows 10's new 'Bluetooth A2DP Sink' turns your PC into a Bluetooth speaker h87OH.png

This question is distinct from the other that was cited because it describes the specific feature I am interested in the title, playing audio from iPhone to PC over bluetooth. The other question only refers to this as A2DP sink-- that's not a name that people can be expected to understand without familiarity with the complex bluetooth standards. The other question does go on to state that this is the audio streaming feature, but it wasn't findable when I started this question (didn't know what A2DP sink was until recently).

Angelo, Jun 9, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10's new 'Bluetooth A2DP Sink' turns your PC into a Bluetooth speaker

1. Windows 10's new 'Bluetooth A2DP Sink' turns your PC into a Bluetooth speaker - Similar Threads - 10's 'Bluetooth A2DP

2. Windows 10 default drivers don't support A2DP sink mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 default drivers don't support A2DP sink mode: I am trying to play my IPhone7 via my ZEXHTE bluetooth dongle on my Windows 7 PC. I understand that since Windows 7, Microsoft Windows default drivers don;t support A2DP sink mode and that is why it won;t work. My question is whether there is a workaround for this or...
  3. new bluetooth wireless speaker.

new bluetooth wireless speaker.: my computer wont recognize my new bluetooth speaker. it does not come with a usb device. it's totally wireless. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-bluetooth-wireless-speaker/4aa419aa-1a45-45ce-8607-7bcf0fbadd0d
  4. Stream music from Android & iPhone to Windows 10 PC via Bluetooth A2DP Sink

in Windows 10 News
    Stream music from Android & iPhone to Windows 10 PC via Bluetooth A2DP Sink: [ATTACH]If you’ve already upgraded to the latest Windows 10, you can now stream music from your Android, iPhone, and feature phone to your PC’s speakers […] This article Stream music from Android & iPhone to Windows 10 PC via Bluetooth A2DP Sink first appeared on...
  5. PC Windows 10 and paired bluetooth speaker

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC Windows 10 and paired bluetooth speaker: My PC windows10 is paired with a Bluetooth speaker, SB510. It won't work no matter how I tinker with the setting sound, Bluetooth devices, etc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-windows-10-and-paired-bluetooth-speaker/9999925e-9855-4c28-9cde-d96333508496
  6. Windows 10 2004 A2DP Sink issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 2004 A2DP Sink issues: I was looking ahead for the return of the A2DP Sink functionality in Windows 10 2004, using Bluetooth Audio Receiver. When using it with my Huawei Honor 10, the sound keeps popping and cracking. Is it coming from my phone, the app, the Windows drivers, my PC hardware (Strix...
  7. Speaker connection / Bluetooth A2DP profile / Win10 drivers

Speaker connection / Bluetooth A2DP profile / Win10 drivers: Hi, I'm having a problem connecting a bluetooth speaker to my PC (desktop). It's a Creative MUVO 1c which has two profiles a) a speaker b) hands-free set. I am connecting it using ASUS BT400 dongle. I am running 1903 18362.329 build of Win10 Home. Today my desktop did some...
  8. Origine a2dp Microsoft bluetooth

Origine a2dp Microsoft bluetooth: in proprietà: Impossibile verificare la firma digitale dei driver richiesti per il dispositivo. È possibile che durante una modifica recente dell'hardware o del software sia stato installato un file danneggiato, con una firma non corretta o costituito da malware di origine...
  9. bluetooth will not turn on in windows 10 pc

bluetooth will not turn on in windows 10 pc: for past week, cannot connect my windows 10 pc to a bluetooth device; bluetooth appears in the Device Manager along with profiles for different headsets paired in the past; but doesn't let me delete past devices or connect to any paired devices, stating the pc's bluetooth is...
  10. Bluetooth speakers are not working with PC

Bluetooth speakers are not working with PC: My Bluetooth speakers stopped working when connected to the PC. I didn’t have any problems a while ago. However, I cannot get any sound from them now. I checked my speakers (Naim Unity Atom) while connecting them to the other device and they are working so the problem is with...