Windows 10: Windows 10’s new Task Manager for gaming is now rolling out

Discus and support Windows 10’s new Task Manager for gaming is now rolling out in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows Task Manager allows you to monitor apps, services, and processes running on your desktop. You can also use Windows 10 Task Manager to stop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Oct 16, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10’s new Task Manager for gaming is now rolling out

Windows Task Manager allows you to monitor apps, services, and processes running on your desktop. You can also use Windows 10 Task Manager to stop programs but it doesn’t always work properly when you try to access it in games or certain apps.

Microsoft has been working on a new modern Task Manager that will help you access informative statistics about your system performance and GPU without leaving or crashing a game.

This new modern Task Manager for Windows 10 is built right into the Xbox Game Bar and it’s designed to work with both games and your apps, including Google Chrome or Edge.

The modern Task Manage is officially called ‘Resources Monitor’ and it was released last month as part of an Insider preview update. Less than three weeks later, the feature has finally appeared for non-Insiders after they updated Xbox Game Bar from the Microsoft Store.

Note that the update is only rolling out to select users in the production channels of Windows 10, such as the version 2004, version 1909, or version 1903.

It appears to be a gradual rollout and not everyone is receiving the update, so you can most likely expect to see it by November.

Windows 10’s new Task Manager for gaming is now rolling out Xbox-Game-Bar-widgets.jpg

As you can see in the above screenshot, Windows 10’s modern resources monitor tool is part of the Xbox Game Bar’s new Widgets menu and store.

The homepage of the Xbox Game Bar Resources widget lets you find you a list of processes (instances of programs) running in the background and their system usage. It basically allows you to monitor the resources-intensive programs that might be running in the background and affecting the performance of the game.

Windows 10’s new Task Manager for gaming is now rolling out Resources-Monitor-widget.jpg

You can click on the cross button to end a process, but remember that ending a process will cause you to lose unsaved data and terminating game-associated processes will also crash the game.

You’ll be able to access the above screen by pressing Win + G and it’s definitely a better way to monitor the running processes without leaving a game.

The post Windows 10’s new Task Manager for gaming is now rolling out appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Oct 16, 2020
  2. dotmarty Win User

Windows 10 - cannot add exec to Startup in Task Manager

I purchased a new computer with Windows 10 already installed. I am trying to add an exec to the startup list but Win10 will not accept it. The exec runs successfully on my Windows 10 machine if I start it manually.

Steps I've taken: Task Manager, Startup Tab, File>Run New Task. (browse to location, select.) It will start immediately, but does not show up on the list to autostart, nor does it start on reboot.

Any suggestions?

dotmarty, Oct 16, 2020
  3. Every task I end remains in the task manager for over 10 minutes?

Well lads.

The last couple of days I am having a strange issue with closing programs down,
    I only notice it with games.
    When ever I exit a game, it remains in the task manager for over 10 minutes and it cannot be ended in anyway. The only way to sort it out is to just wait around or restart the computer.

I believe this has only just started to happen 2 days ago when I got my new GPU " ASUS Geforce GTX 560 Ti Direct CUII 900Mhz TOP "

The software that was installed could have caused it??

ASUS Splendid
    ASUS SmartDoctor
    ASUS GamerOSD

Any suggestions?

Irish_PXzyan, Oct 16, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10’s new Task Manager for gaming is now rolling out - Similar Threads - 10’s Task Manager

2. New Windows 11 update now rolling out with several AI features

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Windows 11 update now rolling out with several AI features: The most personal Windows 11 experience begins rolling out today Windows Experience BlogHow to get the latest Windows 11 innovations Windows Experience BlogSeptember 26, 2023—Windows configuration update - Microsoft Support>>Windows 11 devices will get new functionality at...
  3. New Windows 11 update now rolling out with several AI features

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Windows 11 update now rolling out with several AI features: The most personal Windows 11 experience begins rolling out today Windows Experience BlogHow to get the latest Windows 11 innovations Windows Experience BlogSeptember 26, 2023—Windows configuration update - Microsoft Support>>Windows 11 devices will get new functionality at...
  4. Windows 10 May 2021 Update is now rolling out

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 May 2021 Update is now rolling out: Windows 10 May 2021 Update is now available and rollout is expected to accelerate in the coming weeks. If you’ve got a compatible device and you can’t wait for the rollout to complete, there are three ways to download and install the May 2021 Update right now: Windows Update,...
  5. Windows 10 KB5000850 is now rolling out with improvements

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 KB5000850 is now rolling out with improvements: This month’s optional update for Windows 10 version 1909 is now rolling out. As always, Microsoft has also published Windows 10 KB5000850 offline installers, which you can download to apply the patch manually on multiple configurations without connecting to the internet....
  6. Windows 10 KB4601382 (20H2) is now rolling out with improvements

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 KB4601382 (20H2) is now rolling out with improvements: Windows 10 KB4601382, which is part of the February 2021 patch cycle, is now rolling out to PCs on version 20H2 and 2004. For those who want to apply the update manually, direct download links for Windows 10 KB4601382 offline installers are also available. Windows 10...
  7. Windows 10 KB4598298 is now rolling out with important fixes

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 KB4598298 is now rolling out with important fixes: Microsoft is resuming the rollout of optional updates with the release of Windows 10’s January 21 update, which is now rolling out to version 1909. The tech giant has also published the direct download links for Windows 10 KB4598298 offline installers. Windows 10 KB4598298...
  8. Windows 10’s “Let’s Go” launcher, web browsing header is now rolling out

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10’s “Let’s Go” launcher, web browsing header is now rolling out: Microsoft seems to be adding new options to the large header in the Settings app of Windows 10, according to our own testing and user reports we’ve received. Microsoft started experimenting with Settings header two years ago and it was released to more users with May 2020...
  9. Windows 10. Task Manager greyed out.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10. Task Manager greyed out.: When I right click on the task bar the "Task Manager" is greyed out. When I type gpedit.mc or regedit in the run bar I get the warning - registry editing has been disabled by your administrator. Since I have no knowledge of disabling anything, how do I get it back?...
  10. Outlook Customer Manager now rolling out worldwide

in Windows 10 News
    Outlook Customer Manager now rolling out worldwide: The Outlook Customer Manager provides an easy way for small businesses to track and grow customer relationships from right within Outlook. Today, we are pleased to announce the Outlook Customer Manager is now rolling out to all Office 365 Business Premium subscribers...