Windows 10: Windows 10’s News and Interests taskbar feed gets new features

Discus and support Windows 10’s News and Interests taskbar feed gets new features in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; With the latest batch of cumulative preview updates, Microsoft is updating Windows 10’s News and Interests feature with more options to customize the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, May 29, 2021.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10’s News and Interests taskbar feed gets new features

With the latest batch of cumulative preview updates, Microsoft is updating Windows 10’s News and Interests feature with more options to customize the overall experience.

After the latest cumulative preview update for Windows 10 version 21H1, version 20H2 and 2004, Microsoft has enabled the “News and Interests” feed on the taskbar for everyone. If your taskbar location is set to the bottom and you’re using Build 1904x.1023 or newer, you can see more personalized content, including relevant news and interests.

This new update enables the taskbar weather icon on the bottom-right of the taskbar for everyone. Depending on your region, the weather widget will display the current weather forecast (sunny, cloudy, rainy, etc) with the temperature in Fahrenheit or Celcius. When you right-click on the icon, you’ll see a new “News and Interests” option.

Previously, users were only allowed to hide or enable the feed from the taskbar menu. In the new update, it’s now possible to enable or disable the “Open on hover” feature, which basically launches the feed when you hover over the icon using the cursor.

In our tests, we observed that the hover feature is enabled by default. If you want to disable it, right-click anywhere on the taskbar and open the News and interests menu, and select “disabled” under “Open on hover”.

This tiny change can prevent accidental openings and improve the overall experience with the “News and Interests”. It also appears that Microsoft has made quality enhancements to the feed to improve its animations, especially when you hover over the weather icon.

Othe improvements planned for News and Interests

In Windows 10 version 21H2 preview builds, Microsoft is also testing other improvements for News and Interests feed.

Windows 10’s News and Interests taskbar feed gets new features Taskbar-feed-redesign.jpg
    Upcoming News and Interests feed design

For example, in one of the builds, Microsoft has enabled a new colourful design for the taskbar feed to make it even more delightful to scan and interact with the headlines.

The articles within the feed will be using vibrant and colourful design.

The post Windows 10’s News and Interests taskbar feed gets new features appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, May 29, 2021
  2. Sharyn698 Win User

Edge browser no longer displays the news feed

I am replying to the above advice. Been there, done that. In fact, I did that set of steps before I ever asked for help here. Does anyone have any other suggestions? It is very inconvenient to have no taskbar.

Thank you.

Sharyn698, May 29, 2021
  3. Abhinav92 Win User
    NEWS FEED

Windows 10 mobile is now quite mature. But i miss htc like news feed which is just a left swipe from home screen. It fetches you interesting news in modern way. Windows needs this.

Abhinav92, May 29, 2021
  4. Arul_D Win User

Edge browser no longer displays the news feed

Hi Charles,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below on how to Customize News Feed in Microsoft Edge Browser and check if this helps:

• Open Microsoft Edge Browser and click “Customise” (above top sites on the right side).
    • Select Top sites and my news feed, select your language and choose your favorite topics.
    • After selecting your favorite topics, now click Save. That’s it. Now you can see your favorite news on Microsoft Edge home.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Arul_D, May 29, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10’s News and Interests taskbar feed gets new features - Similar Threads - 10’s News Interests

2. News & Interests feed in taskbar broken after domain migration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    News & Interests feed in taskbar broken after domain migration: My computer's domain was migrated recently, and immediately afterwards, my News & Interests feed and the weather bug stopped working.Now the pop-up window just says "We're having trouble loading your feed" and "You might be offline, or there could be something happening on...
  3. News & Interests feed in taskbar broken after domain migration

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    News & Interests feed in taskbar broken after domain migration: My computer's domain was migrated recently, and immediately afterwards, my News & Interests feed and the weather bug stopped working.Now the pop-up window just says "We're having trouble loading your feed" and "You might be offline, or there could be something happening on...
  4. News & Interests feed in taskbar broken after domain migration

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. News and Interests on Taskbar

News and Interests on Taskbar: I would like for the News and Interests app to show local weather information on the Taskbar itself instead of just the icon. I have checked "Show icon and text" and "Open on hover." What else should I do?...
  6. Windows 10’s news and weather feed on taskbar is a mess

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10’s news and weather feed on taskbar is a mess: Earlier this year, Microsoft started testing a new feature on the taskbar called “News and Interests”. It is basically a widget based on Microsoft’s MSN and users can glance at the feed on their taskbar to get personalized content based on their web browsing activities. In...
  7. News & Interests feed in taskbar broken

News & Interests feed in taskbar broken: Hi,Yesterday I updated to the latest version of Windows and got this new news feed on my taskbar. It was working fine up until today, now it's stuck highlighted and no longer opens when I hover the mouse on it. When I click on it, nothing happens again.This may be a release...
  8. How to change the Language of News and Interests Feed on the Taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change the Language of News and Interests Feed on the Taskbar in Windows 10: If you want to change News and Interests Feed language in Windows 10, then this post can come in handy. News and Interests is a taskbar widget of Windows 10 and this new and built-in feature is started rolling out for all users. After enabling News and Interests on taskbar,...
  9. Please disable the new News and Interests feature on taskbar by default!

Please disable the new News and Interests feature on taskbar by default!: I hate Microsoft added and enabled the new News and Interests feature on taskbar by default. The feature will waste computer resources and most people won't use it. More devices will have the new feature as Microsoft pushes the update. This is not a good thing for me. I hope...
  10. New details of Windows 10’s upcoming taskbar feed feature revealed

in Windows 10 News
    New details of Windows 10’s upcoming taskbar feed feature revealed: In January, Microsoft confirmed that it’s working on a Google Discover-like news and weather feed for Windows 10 taskbar. This feature is currently available to testers in the Insider program and it would be optional, which means you can always hide it on the taskbar....