Windows 10: Windows 10’s Next Update (19H1) Faster,Thanks to Better Spectre Fixes

Discus and support Windows 10’s Next Update (19H1) Faster,Thanks to Better Spectre Fixes in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; This concerns the Spring 2019 release 19H1, not Fall 2018 - 1809. It's worth a read because MS has added some performance fixes for the Spectre V2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by f14tomcat, Oct 19, 2018.

1. f14tomcat Win User

Windows 10’s Next Update (19H1) Faster,Thanks to Better Spectre Fixes

This concerns the Spring 2019 release 19H1, not Fall 2018 - 1809. It's worth a read because MS has added some performance fixes for the Spectre V2 variant. It will only be available to Win 10 users, not Win 7 or 8. Another incentive to upgrade to 10.

Yes, we have enabled retpoline by default in our 19H1 flights along with what we call "import optimization" to further reduce perf impact due to indirect calls in kernel-mode. Combined, these reduce the perf impact of Spectre v2 mitigations to noise-level for most scenarios. https://t.co/CPlYeryV9K

— Mehmet Iyigun (@mamyun) October 18, 2018

*Arrow https://www.howtogeek.com/fyi/window...spectre-fixes/

:)

f14tomcat, Oct 19, 2018
  2. rtwjunkie Win User

FIXED!! Windows 7 sp1 never ends searching for updates

Yeah, I've been noting it for months on the refusenik thread. They do NOT want anything older than 10 running.

I still have an HTPC on W7, and every other month I have to fix the update agent in order to get all updates. SMH....

You provided a good step by step fix. I've bookmarked it for future reference.

rtwjunkie, Oct 19, 2018
  3. Windows 10’s Next Update (19H1) Faster,Thanks to Better Spectre Fixes

Jsssssssss, Oct 19, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10’s Next Update (19H1) Faster,Thanks to Better Spectre Fixes

1. Windows 10’s Next Update (19H1) Faster,Thanks to Better Spectre Fixes - Similar Threads - 10’s Next Update

2. Is windows 10 better and faster than windows 7 for website

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is windows 10 better and faster than windows 7 for website: I am running a website alltechnologytrend , whenever I open many tabs then my computer stop working I want to ask you this is because l load of website or should I upgrade window of my laptop....
  3. Faster PC and Old version is better

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Faster PC and Old version is better: Hello Microsoft Community! Please help me with Ideas to make my PC faster because I'm having a problem with the performance, I searched on some websites, and I tried the control panel, it just show the balanced performance, and the task manager it didn't do anything, please...
  4. Windows 10’s Your Phone app is getting better in the next update

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10’s Your Phone app is getting better in the next update: Windows 10’s Your Phone app is an excellent way to bridge the gap between your computer and smartphone. After Windows Phone and Continuum efforts failed, Microsoft settled upon an app that allows you to send, receive and manage your mobile device content right from your...
  5. Windows 10 is getting faster in next feature update

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 is getting faster in next feature update: Windows 10 devices could lose some of its lusters and get slower over time. While there are ways to improve your device performance, it looks like Microsoft is finally making changes with May 2020 Update to make Windows 10 run faster on some hardware. With Windows 10 version...
  6. Windows 10’s next update is codenamed Manganese

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10’s next update is codenamed Manganese: In February 2019, Microsoft began testing Windows 10 20H1 feature update that isn’t expected to start rolling out to users until May 2020. Microsoft released the preview builds of the 20H1 update early because the company has been aligning schedules between Azure and Windows...
  7. Start menu to get faster and better in Windows 10 May 2019 Update

in Windows 10 News
    Start menu to get faster and better in Windows 10 May 2019 Update: Windows 10 May 2019 Update (version 1903) is around the corners and the debut of the next update will also bring some new refinements to the Start menu. The improvements are not as substantial as the ones in the initial updates of Windows 10, though the refinements should...
  8. Windows 10’s Spring 2019 Update will make your Spectre patched PC faster

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10’s Spring 2019 Update will make your Spectre patched PC faster: Intel and security researchers discovered two critical vulnerabilities Spectre and Meltdown which affected some processors. Intel processors were the ones that were mostly found vulnerable to the Spectre and Meltdown vulnerability. The performance of the PCs was affected for...
  9. Windows 10 19H1 reduces impact of Spectre Mitigation to noise level

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 19H1 reduces impact of Spectre Mitigation to noise level: Earlier this year two major vulnerabilities were discovered which affected the core processes of the computer. Named as Spectre and Meltdown, these “speculative execution” vulnerabilities meant hackers could steal data by simply visiting a website. Though there were no known...
  10. Features we’re hoping to see in Windows 10’s next major update ’19H1′

in Windows 10 News
    Features we’re hoping to see in Windows 10’s next major update ’19H1′: While Microsoft is busy with the development of Windows 10 October 2018 Update, the company is internally testing the Spring 2019 update for the OS. Microsoft’s next big update to its desktop OS is projected to be shipped in the spring of 2019 and it’s codenamed Windows 10...