Windows 10: Windows 10’s next update might not come with highly anticipated Smart Upgrade feature

Discus and support Windows 10’s next update might not come with highly anticipated Smart Upgrade feature in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 10 October 2018 Update is just around the corner and it comes with a bunch of exciting features that you can find here. One of the best... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Sep 20, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10’s next update might not come with highly anticipated Smart Upgrade feature

Windows 10 October 2018 Update is just around the corner and it comes with a bunch of exciting features that you can find here. One of the best features is the Smart Upgrade that uses artificial intelligence to improve the quality and reliability of the Windows Updates.

Microsoft has always been criticized for upgrading the consumers PC at the wrong time but the software giant recently figured out a solution to deal with this problem. In release notes of Windows 10 Build 18204 that was released earlier this year, Microsoft revealed that they’ve updated the reboot logic to use a new system that is more adaptive and proactive.

Microsoft is using AI tech to improve the quality and reliability of the Windows Update feature. Microsoft has trained Windows 10 to accurately predict the right time that is to restart the device. For example, Microsoft won’t upgrade your PC if you left it for a couple of minutes or half an hour to grab a cup of coffee.

Windows 10’s next update might not come with highly anticipated Smart Upgrade feature Windows-10-October-Update-installation.jpg

The model that Microsoft has trained works fine according to the company’s internal testing. In internal testing, Microsoft managed to upgrade the devices with minimal turnaround times, thanks to the company’s cloud infrastructure.

The Smart Upgrade feature is powered by AI so it would analyze data on the characteristics of devices – presumably in terms of usage – to find out the correct time to upgrade your PC.

It may not arrive with Windows 10 October 2018 Update

A new report suggests that the feature is missing in the latest preview build of the October 2018 Update (that is Build 17763).

A Microsoft representative said that it has “nothing to share” about the feature at the moment.

It’s not a good news but as Microsoft is yet to finalize the RTM candidate, there’s still a chance that the feature will appear in the imminent final version of the Windows 10 October 2018 Update.

For those unfamiliar, Microsoft is expected to launch Windows 10 October 2018 Update next month and the rumour has it that the RTM candidate will be signed off on September 25.

If you’re interested, you can join the insider program and install Windows 10 October 2018 Update right now.

The post Windows 10’s next update might not come with highly anticipated Smart Upgrade feature appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Sep 20, 2018
  2. MrGenius Win User

Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Sep 20, 2018
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Sep 20, 2018
  4. Mussels Win User

Windows 10’s next update might not come with highly anticipated Smart Upgrade feature

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Sep 20, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10’s next update might not come with highly anticipated Smart Upgrade feature - Similar Threads - 10’s next update

2. The next Windows 10 feature update is coming in October

in Windows 10 News
    The next Windows 10 feature update is coming in October: Microsoft released the first feature update for Windows 11 this week. The Windows 11 2022 Update introduced several usability improvements and changes to Microsoft's newest operating system and additional content, including File Explorer tabs, will be launched next month....
  3. The next Windows 10 update might cut down on bloatware

in Windows 10 News
    The next Windows 10 update might cut down on bloatware: When you buy a new device, you expect it to be clean with fewer apps. Unfortunately, most new Windows 10 PCs are clogged with unnecessary preloaded software from Microsoft and OEMs, and even the clean install of the OS includes unwanted apps, such as 3D Viewer and Paint 3D....
  4. Windows 10’s next feature update is almost ready for public launch

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10’s next feature update is almost ready for public launch: Windows 10 version 20H2 is a service pack-style upgrade and Microsoft has again confirmed that this update will be rolled out via an enablement package. The update won’t just offer minor changes, but some bigger improvements too, including the theme-aware Start Menu. Windows...
  5. Windows 10’s next update is codenamed Manganese

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10’s next update is codenamed Manganese: In February 2019, Microsoft began testing Windows 10 20H1 feature update that isn’t expected to start rolling out to users until May 2020. Microsoft released the preview builds of the 20H1 update early because the company has been aligning schedules between Azure and Windows...
  6. Windows 10’s update may come with new Bluetooth features

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10’s update may come with new Bluetooth features: In preview builds of Windows 10, Microsoft is experimenting with new Bluetooth technology. The most recent preview build include references to Bluetooth EATT, which is a new feature that aims to improve the performance of the Bluetooth connection. Microsoft has changed the...
  7. Feature for next/future windows update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Feature for next/future windows update.: The latest features in the 1809 version of windows has some neat phone integration features and finally a dark theme for apps, good on you! However it'd nice to be able to pause a windows update. When you check for updates you automatically begin the process of downloading...
  8. Windows 10’s highly anticipated Sets feature is not ready for testing yet

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10’s highly anticipated Sets feature is not ready for testing yet: It looks like Windows 10’s highly anticipated feature Sets is not ready for testing yet as Microsoft’s Brandon LeBlanc has confirmed that the software giant is still working on Sets. Windows 10 Sets is an impressive feature that would group your favourites apps together for...
  9. Features we’re hoping to see in Windows 10’s next major update ’19H1′

in Windows 10 News
    Features we’re hoping to see in Windows 10’s next major update ’19H1′: While Microsoft is busy with the development of Windows 10 October 2018 Update, the company is internally testing the Spring 2019 update for the OS. Microsoft’s next big update to its desktop OS is projected to be shipped in the spring of 2019 and it’s codenamed Windows 10...
  10. Windows 10 Sets interface is not coming with the next update

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Sets interface is not coming with the next update: The Sets interface is not coming to your computers with the next Windows 10 update codenamed Redstone 5. Microsoft today in a blog post announced that they’re taking the Sets feature back and it’ll be released to the Insiders again when it’s ready. The report suggests that...