Windows 10: Windows 10’s next update to introduce password-less login experience

Discus and support Windows 10’s next update to introduce password-less login experience in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; The enterprises are using two-factor authentication to keep their accounts and network secure. Recently, Microsoft also announced that the company... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jan 4, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10’s next update to introduce password-less login experience

The enterprises are using two-factor authentication to keep their accounts and network secure. Recently, Microsoft also announced that the company wants to reduce the usage of the passwords and offer a more secure way to login to their services.

The company today announced in a blog post that it’ll now support password-less logins on Windows 10. With this announcement, it’s quite clear that Microsoft is doing away with passwords altogether.

In Windows 10 19H1 preview builds, Microsoft is adding support for setting up and signing in to Windows 10 with a Microsoft account linked to the phone number. You don’t need to put a password to sign in to Windows 10 (Home or Pro edition).

To get started, you would need to setup a Microsoft account with your phone number. After linking your phone to Microsoft account, Windows 10 will allow you to use an SMS code to sign in. You can also other security features such as Windows Hello Face, Fingerprint, or a PIN to sign in to Windows 10.

Password-less phone Microsoft account

Microsoft says that you can download apps such as Office mobile on your mobile handset and sign up with your phone number under “Sign in or sign up for free”.

After linking the phone number, you are now required to add your password-less phone number account to Windows 10. To do this, go to Settings > Account > Family & other Users and simply tap on “Add someone else to this PC” option.

Windows 10 will now use the password-less account to help you sign in to your device.

The new password-less experience will debut with Windows 10 19H1 update in April 2019 and the company will share more details soon.

The post Windows 10’s next update to introduce password-less login experience appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jan 4, 2019

2. Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Jan 4, 2019
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows 10 Fall Creators Update ( bypassed password ).

Well windows update kicked in to day for the new creators update and by the end of the day found time to get it out of the way.

Apparently after the update it said it BS HI crap it bypassed the login password, well rebooted and password is still there but raises a question to me.

If MS can put some thing on your system that can bypass the loggin how it it any safer, to me it's like a backdoor they can use when ever they feel like.

On top of thatBefore deciding too update the system booted up all by it's own, now i have witnessed this while the system is in sleep mode ( not sure about hibernation ) but this being my main system it's always fully shutdown.

So is MS sending magic packets too system to wake them up for updates ?, and yeah i be checking the network card settings just in case.

AsRock, Jan 4, 2019
  4. Windows 10’s next update to introduce password-less login experience

Windows 10 slow invalid password verification

Hi Neil,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in system settings or network settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• Are you logging in as Microsoft Account or Local Account?
    • Are you able to login to the computer?

I suggest you to follow the steps and check if you are able to login properly or not.

1. At login page, enter the password.

2. Then after entering the password, click on Eye icon which is present on the right side inside the password box. It will display the password entered.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with slow password verification in Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jan 4, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10’s next update to introduce password-less login experience

1. Windows 10’s next update to introduce password-less login experience - Similar Threads - 10’s next update

2. Introducing the next feature update to Windows 10: 21H2

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Introducing the next feature update to Windows 10: 21H2: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/redd1ck [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ol3smt/introducing_the_next_feature_update_to_windows_10/
  3. Introducing the next feature update to Windows 10 version 21H1

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing the next feature update to Windows 10 version 21H1: Today, we are introducing the next feature update to Windows 10, version 21H1. As people continue to rely on Windows more than ever to work, learn and have fun, we understand the importance of providing the best possible update experience to help people and organizations stay...
  4. Windows 10’s next update improves Google Chrome

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10’s next update improves Google Chrome: Microsoft Edge has previously struggled to compete with Chrome, but its transition to Chromium have turned it into a more attractive offering and Chrome is also getting better because of Microsoft. After joining the Chromium community, Microsoft now has a reason to make...
  5. Windows 10’s next update is codenamed Manganese

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10’s next update is codenamed Manganese: In February 2019, Microsoft began testing Windows 10 20H1 feature update that isn’t expected to start rolling out to users until May 2020. Microsoft released the preview builds of the 20H1 update early because the company has been aligning schedules between Azure and Windows...
  6. Everything new in Windows 10’s next major update

in Windows 10 News
    Everything new in Windows 10’s next major update: The next big update ’20H1′ for Windows 10 has been finalized, as we already know, but Microsoft is planning to test the update for another few months before rolling it out to the general public. In November 2019, Microsoft said that Windows 10 20H1 will be known as version...
  7. Windows 10’s next update will make Cortana movable

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10’s next update will make Cortana movable: Windows 10 20H1 update will turn Cortana into a separate app within the operating system. In Windows 10 20H1 preview builds, Cortana is a standalone and independent app. That means you will be able to update Cortana as any other app from the Microsoft Store. Windows 10 20H1...
  8. Windows 10’s next big update to improve bugs troubleshooting experience

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10’s next big update to improve bugs troubleshooting experience: Windows 10 19H1 update is slated to arrive in April 2019 and it will introduce tons of new features including a light theme, new snipping experience, clipboard improvements and an improved Troubleshooting experience. Microsoft is also working on some much-needed improvements...
  9. Introducing the Chrome User Experience Report

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing the Chrome User Experience Report: Chrome was founded to push the web forward, and a key part of that is enabling developers to improve their user experience. Although current tools allow developers to understand how real-world users experience their own sites, they have never provided insight into comparisons...
  10. Introducing the next generation of Skype

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing the next generation of Skype: Life is busy and filled with too many options. Staying connected, with all this noise, can sometimes be challenging. And in a world of choice, having a familiar place to share with the people who are closest to you, can go a long way. Today, we are introducing the next...