Windows 10: Windows 10’s next update will give you control over restartable apps

Discus and support Windows 10’s next update will give you control over restartable apps in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 10 can restore apps from your last session after a system reboot, but this feature is tied to the “Use my sign-in info to automatically finish... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Aug 22, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10’s next update will give you control over restartable apps

Windows 10 can restore apps from your last session after a system reboot, but this feature is tied to the “Use my sign-in info to automatically finish setting up my device” setting in May 2019 Update or older. If you turn off this feature, the automatic sign-in will also stop working and you’ll need to sign in to complete the setup after every quality or feature update.

Microsoft introduced this fundamental change in the Fall Creators Update and it basically allows users to change the way the system handles apps during sign-in.

With Windows 10 20H1, Microsoft is introducing a new app restart setting that will finally allow users to manage the restartable apps without turning off the automatic sign-in feature.

Windows 10 20H1 will have this new setting turned off by default, but you can turn it on if you want the system to remember which apps you had open before the shutdown, reboot or sign out. After you sign-in back, Windows will try to load the apps, and this is independent of Windows’s built-in autostart feature.

Windows 10’s next update will give you control over restartable apps Windows-10-sign-in-options.jpg

You will find the restartable apps option in Settings > Accounts > Sign-in Options under ‘Automatically save my restartable apps when I sign out and restart them after I sign.’

According to Microsoft’s typical release roadmap, Windows 10 20H1 will become available for non-Insiders in April or May.

The post Windows 10’s next update will give you control over restartable apps appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Aug 22, 2019
  2. trparky Win User

Say goodbye to ransomware with Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

Yes, ransomware will be a thing of the past with Windows 10 Fall Creators Update thanks to something called "Controlled Folder Access" in Windows Defender.

Windows 10 will hide your important files from ransomware soon | The Verge

These are protections for your files against ransomware at the kernel and Windows Defender level. Rest easy, your files are safe.

About damn time Microsoft!

trparky, Aug 22, 2019
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows 10’s next update will give you control over restartable apps :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Aug 22, 2019
  4. Haksery Win User

Windows 10 update being enabled.

Anyway , You are luckier than me. My computer was locked directly after updated to Windows 10 . but the solution is easy.

Haksery, Aug 22, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10’s next update will give you control over restartable apps - Similar Threads - 10’s next update

2. Microsoft promises to give users and apps more control over app defaults and pinning in Windows

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft promises to give users and apps more control over app defaults and pinning in Windows: Tired of Microsoft Edge placing multiple icons on the Windows desktop, even after you have just removed them? This and other shenanigans are soon a thing of the past according to Microsoft's announcement on the official Windows blog. In it, Microsoft employees Tali Roth and...
  3. Windows update is giving the same update over and over again.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update is giving the same update over and over again.: Whenever I click on check for upgrade a Microsoft Defender update is shown and it downloads and installs in just like 2 seconds, It's so fast that I can't even see the update version. Also I had used the Microsoft Update Assistant to upgrade from 21H1 cause the windows update...
  4. Windows update is giving the same update over and over again.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update is giving the same update over and over again.: Whenever I click on check for upgrade a Microsoft Defender update is shown and it downloads and installs in just like 2 seconds, It's so fast that I can't even see the update version. Also I had used the Microsoft Update Assistant to upgrade from 21H1 cause the windows update...
  5. Windows update is giving the same update over and over again.

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Windows 10’s Your Phone app is getting better in the next update

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10’s Your Phone app is getting better in the next update: Windows 10’s Your Phone app is an excellent way to bridge the gap between your computer and smartphone. After Windows Phone and Continuum efforts failed, Microsoft settled upon an app that allows you to send, receive and manage your mobile device content right from your...
  7. Windows 10’s next update improves Google Chrome

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10’s next update improves Google Chrome: Microsoft Edge has previously struggled to compete with Chrome, but its transition to Chromium have turned it into a more attractive offering and Chrome is also getting better because of Microsoft. After joining the Chromium community, Microsoft now has a reason to make...
  8. Windows 10’s next update is codenamed Manganese

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10’s next update is codenamed Manganese: In February 2019, Microsoft began testing Windows 10 20H1 feature update that isn’t expected to start rolling out to users until May 2020. Microsoft released the preview builds of the 20H1 update early because the company has been aligning schedules between Azure and Windows...
  9. Everything you need to know about Windows 10’s next update

in Windows 10 News
    Everything you need to know about Windows 10’s next update: Yesterday, Microsoft officially kicked off the development of Windows 10 19H2, the fall 2019 update for Windows 10. Windows 10 19H2 appears to be a service pack rather than a full feature update to the OS, as Microsoft wants to focus specifically on under-the-hood...
  10. YouTube gives you more control over your Homepage and Up Next videos

in Windows 10 News
    YouTube gives you more control over your Homepage and Up Next videos: Connecting our users with the content they love is important to us. We want to help viewers find new interests and passions — such as a new favorite artist, a new creator they can follow or simply the best food recipes. But there's one true expert in what you want to watch:...