Windows 10: Windows 10's Night Light not working on HP G2 Dock usb c/a

Discus and support Windows 10's Night Light not working on HP G2 Dock usb c/a in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; hi there, I have been checking for this issue with HP and Intel and DisplayLink and it seems it's something going on between those as well as with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Gabrio-81, Feb 26, 2021.

1. Gabrio-81 Win User

Windows 10's Night Light not working on HP G2 Dock usb c/a

hi there,

I have been checking for this issue with HP and Intel and DisplayLink and it seems it's something going on between those as well as with Windows10. So the thing is that, Windows 10's Night Light not working on HP G2 Dock usb c/a not thunderbolt when you have a screen connected on HDMI.

currently connected via usb-c I noticed that night light does not work when my HDMI screen is connected via dock. If you plug straight to the laptop it perfectly works. tested on 2 windows10 laptop, identical behaviour.

There is a fix from Displaylink which is https://support.displaylink.com/knowledgebase/articles/1886413 however that is not working with HP dock for some reason.

i have also installed the Displaylink app, which has an option for night light but does not work as well.

They tell me that if i buy an adapter additional money for DisplayPort to HDMI then that will work, but why do i need to spend extra cash on yet another piece of kit for a function that should indeed work straight off the bat?

Things done:

- clean install on Intel Drivers, clean install on NVIDIA drivers, nothing worked,

- troubleshoot with Intel people, and HP people, they both don't know

- contact with DisplayLink people and they said to buy the adapter See above

Do you know if this is possible at all? i really like the Night Light option. when the external screen is connected on its own to the laptop, it perfectly works.

ASUS VivoBook S15 S510UQR

tested also on Lenovo Yoga

Asus 23'' Screen on HDMI

Windows 10 20H2

Added to feedback hub, please upvote if you are also having the issue > https://aka.ms/AAbb46s

many thanks,

Gabrio

:)

Gabrio-81, Feb 26, 2021
  2. gabgab Win User

Night Light on external monitor on HP G2 Dock via DisplayLink

hi,

My nightlight setting does not work on external screen via HP G2 Dock on usb-c.

Setting works when ext screen is connected directly to laptop.

Tried this workaround

How to enable night light or f.lux on DisplayLink displays on Windows – DisplayLink Support
    How to enable Night Light feature on DisplayLink devices in Windows 10 | Powerled's Blog

But does not work

any other ideas to suggest?

thanks,
    Gabrio

gabgab, Feb 26, 2021
  3. Loss of HP Thunderbolt G2 Dock Audio after Windows 10 20H2 Upgrade

After upgrading to Windows 10 20H2 on my HP EliteBook 840 G6, the audio on my USB-C connected HP ThunderBolt G2 w/audio dock no longer works.

I see a hardware device listed as "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed" and I assume that is the audio. I have updated all drivers, especially the dock audio driver to no avail. I tried updating the
    laptop BIOS and drivers and saw no change. I have also verified that the dock firmware is up-to-date.

Anyone else seeing this? Any solutions?

I am running the 64-bit Intel version of Windows 10 20H2 Enterprise.

Hunter French, Feb 26, 2021
  4. Windows 10's Night Light not working on HP G2 Dock usb c/a

TRENDnet Introduces Compact USB-C HD Docking Station

TRENDnet, a global leader in reliable SMB and consumer networking and surveillance solutions, has announced it will introduce a Mini USB-C HD Docking Cube, model TUC-DS1. The compact USB-C docking station supports high-resolution HD video, and extends or mirrors your notebook's display.

TRENDnet's Mini USB-C HD Docking Cube allows you to connect multiple USB devices, and network your laptop all from a single cable. Easily manage multiple workstation devices such as USB storage, keyboard, mouse, printer, scanner, and HD monitor. Free up desk space with this compact USB-C docking station to make more room for what's really important to you.

Conveniently connect all your workstation devices to the Mini USB-C HD Docking Cube, and then connect your laptop or notebook directly to the docking station. The TUC-DS1 also includes a power delivery port to charge a USB-C notebook from the docking station.

TRENDnet's Mini USB-C HD Docking Cube, model TUC-DS1, will be available next week online on the TRENDnet Store, and worldwide via our authorized distribution and retail partners.

Mini USB-C HD Docking Cube, TUC-DS1
    • Up to 3840 x 2160 resolution at 30Hz
    • Gigabit Ethernet port
    • One USB 3.0 port and two USB 2.0 ports
    • HDMI audio support
    • Compatible with MHL supported Android devices with a USB-C interface
    • Supports Windows 10 Continuum mode
    • Supports Windows 10 and Mac operating systems
    • Product page: www.trendnet.com/store/products/TUC-DS1
    • MSRP: USD $99.99

Raevenlord, Feb 26, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10's Night Light not working on HP G2 Dock usb c/a

1. Windows 10's Night Light not working on HP G2 Dock usb c/a - Similar Threads - 10's Night Light

2. Night Light on external monitor on HP G2 Dock via DisplayLink

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Night Light on external monitor on HP G2 Dock via DisplayLink: hi, My nightlight setting does not work on external screen via HP G2 Dock on usb-c. Setting works when ext screen is connected directly to laptop. Tried this workaround How to enable night light or f.lux on DisplayLink displays on Windows DisplayLink Support How to enable...
  3. Night Light on external monitor on HP G2 Dock via DisplayLink

in Windows 10 Support
    Night Light on external monitor on HP G2 Dock via DisplayLink: hi, My nightlight setting does not work on external screen via HP G2 Dock on usb-c. Setting works when ext screen is connected directly to laptop. Tried this workaround How to enable night light or f.lux on DisplayLink displays on Windows DisplayLink Support How to enable...
  4. Windows 10 Night Light not Working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Night Light not Working: Hi, I just updated to Windows 10 Pro 20H2 and after I updated my night light stopped working. Sometimes it turns on automatically and sometimes it turns off automatically. When I click turn on it doesn't work and same when I try to turn it off. I have tried reinstalling the...
  5. Night light not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Night light not working: why i cant turn on[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/night-light-not-working/e9db51de-185b-4d68-abb0-b6cdc2c7c751
  6. Night light not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Night light not working: Alright, so I am trying to turn on the night light on in my Lenovo Yoga laptop. It is 3 pm where I am located. I have turn off automatic brightness, switch to on night light, went to night light settings, set the hours to 2pm-7am and click turn on now button. Then, turned on...
  7. Night light not working

Night light not working: Hi Night light indicating ON on the Night Light Settings page, nothing changes when altering the strength slider.. It also showing On when it should be OFF after Sunrise setting is reached. Page is also greyed out, if I try to turn it off settings page just disappears....
  8. Windows 10 Night Light Not Working

Windows 10 Night Light Not Working: Hey. For the past month or so I've noticed that Windows Night Light option isn't working. It's grey'd out and not clickable at all. I'm not sure whether it's related to Windows Update or not, but I'm guessing it is. System: Laptop model: Sager np8153-s (Clevo...
  9. Night Light not working

Night Light not working: Recently I have updated my pc to Windows 10 version 1903 os build 18362.175. I have noticed that night light not working. Is this same for all of you? How to solve this problem?...
  10. Windows 10 night light not working

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Windows 10 night light not working: Like mobile phones and many other devices, computers running Windows 10 have a feature that can filter out blue light to make the screen easier on your eyes at night. This feature is appropriately called night light. Sometimes it doesn’t work as intended, however. The most...