Windows 10: Windows 10S opinions.

Discus and support Windows 10S opinions. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all. I am getting a new laptop that has windows 10S preinstalled. Is anyone running it here and can share some opinios about it? I am not all that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by humbird, Aug 13, 2019.

1. humbird Win User

Windows 10S opinions.

Hi all. I am getting a new laptop that has windows 10S preinstalled. Is anyone running it here and can share some opinios about it? I am not all that sure I will like it as I want to run the new edge chromium browser and am not sure if I will be able to. Also what will be the situation with drivers from the manufacturer? I know windows can supply drivers and they will probably suffice . Am I going to want to dump Windows 10S ?Thanks for any comments.

:)

humbird, Aug 13, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 13, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Aug 13, 2019
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Windows 10S opinions.

Delta6326, Aug 13, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10S opinions.

1. Windows 10S opinions. - Similar Threads - 10S opinions

2. Resistant VCruntime140 Error Windows 10S

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Resistant VCruntime140 Error Windows 10S: Hi I wonder if anyone can help me with this error, I have read the previous VCruntime140 threads but still my problem persists. Essentially I get an error message that the VCRuntime140.dll file is missing when I try to use RD web access to get into a particular piece of...
  3. Astro 10s not working

Astro 10s not working: When I plug in my Astro A10s into the headphone jack and use the mic, it uses my laptops mic instead. It also doesn't show up in the recording setting in the sound setting. Any way to fix this....
  4. game controller for windows 10s

in Windows 10 Gaming
    game controller for windows 10s: please can you give details of an xbox style game controller that will work on my surface go in windows 10 in s mode thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-controller-for-windows-10s/be06d05e-0cdc-492d-8073-d62e4ca93038
  5. Cannot connect BOSE 700 Headphones to Surface Go (Windows 10s)

Cannot connect BOSE 700 Headphones to Surface Go (Windows 10s): I'm trying to connect my Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 to my Surface Go (Windows 10s). I cannot find the BOSE Music app in your store (which BOSE suggest I use). When I use the bluetooth feature in settings, it pairs with the BOSE but the icon doesn't show the...
  6. switching from windows 10s to windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    switching from windows 10s to windows 10: If I switch from windows 10s to windows 10 what will I lose ,besides virus protection https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switching-from-windows-10s-to-windows-10/e3c52a24-36d8-40d1-8b0e-0b6dd66be2ed
  7. Preview pdf in Windows 10S file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Preview pdf in Windows 10S file explorer: Is there any way to preview pdf's in Windows 10S file explorer? Thanks. Tracy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/preview-pdf-in-windows-10s-file-explorer/98d9c409-9d81-45da-803c-49d24e4d751f"
  8. Windows 10S Dark Mode on Surface Go

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10S Dark Mode on Surface Go: Hi Y'all, I just picked up a Surface Go and despite being fully updated I can't get explorer to go dark when Dark Mode is activated. Running 1803 Any thoughts or help would be appreciated. [ATTACH]...
  9. Will a System Recovery reinstall Windows 10S after switching out of S mode?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will a System Recovery reinstall Windows 10S after switching out of S mode?: I have a Lenovo Ideapad S130 which came preinstalled with the very stupid Windows 10S. I have switched out of S mode to Windows 10 Home. They say it is irreversible which is good for me. However, I am wondering, if I need to do a system recovery and it refreshes or...
  10. Regedit in Windows 10S

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Regedit in Windows 10S: Hello, Please advise if regedit/ gpedit is available for Windows 10S and if yes, how to access that Cheers, MT https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/regedit-in-windows-10s/c61d1acc-2a37-4629-bb73-acf027bbb495"