Windows 10: Windows 10’s Photos app updated with a shortcut to Favorites feature

Discus and support Windows 10’s Photos app updated with a shortcut to Favorites feature in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft Photos is a feature-rich app and the service is getting better with each update. For example, Microsoft has added a new Favorites option to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Aug 15, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10’s Photos app updated with a shortcut to Favorites feature

Microsoft Photos is a feature-rich app and the service is getting better with each update. For example, Microsoft has added a new Favorites option to the Photos app.

Today, Microsoft Photos app for Windows 10 is getting a new update with one minor change and other improvements. It appears to be a server side update and at the moment, it shows up on Windows 10 devices enrolled in the Release Preview Ring of the Windows Insider program. But it should also show up on non-Insider machines as well.

It’s worth noting that some Insiders had “add to favorites” option for a while in Insider builds but today it’s widely rolling out to the users.

Windows 10’s Photos app updated with a shortcut to Favorites feature Find-your-favorites.jpg

The latest update for Microsoft Photos app enables a new option called “add to favorites”. You’ll be able to tap a star at the top of the photo, and it’ll automatically show up in Favorites.

Windows 10’s Photos app updated with a shortcut to Favorites feature favorite-feature.jpg

A favorite album/highlight is created as soon as you begin starring images. For example, you can search “Favorites” to see the starred photos. You can also open the album menu to find favorites under “Created for you” section.

Windows 10’s Photos app updated with a shortcut to Favorites feature Photos-app-update.jpg

That’s it and there are no other major changes. By the looks of things, the “add to favorites” option is rolling out gradually and if you don’t see the option to favorite a photo, you would need to wait for a few days.

Microsoft has added yet another useful feature that allows users to close the opened photo with a tap. There’s an “X” button at the top right corner and it lets you close the photo window.

It’s not a fancy thing but it’s one of the much-needed changes. Users have plenty of suggestions for other things that should probably already be in there.

The post Windows 10’s Photos app updated with a shortcut to Favorites feature appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Aug 15, 2018
  2. Drone Win User

Windows 10 commands/shortcuts/env. var.

Win+X (or right click on Windows icon) isn't really useful anymore. MS removed classic control panel from the list and changed programs and features to Apps and Features. To get to Programs and Features you have to go to Apps and Features first (Metro UI) (it's in the top right corner).

And classic cmd also left the win+x and File list, you have to do it old way (win+r -> cmd -> enter).

Windows 10’s Photos app updated with a shortcut to Favorites feature 1380.jpg

Windows 10’s Photos app updated with a shortcut to Favorites feature 3.jpg

Now it's easier to access Power Options directly from the taskbar.

Windows 10’s Photos app updated with a shortcut to Favorites feature 2.jpg

Drone, Aug 15, 2018
  3. Windows 10 commands/shortcuts/env. var.

I hate the fact that the control panel classic is missing from windows 10. My work around was simply to type in control panel in the start menu search bar and then pin the resulting control panel shortcut to the start menu quick access panel or taskbar

I think I'm unwilling to change with the times *Smile Windows 10’s Photos app updated with a shortcut to Favorites feature :)

jboydgolfer, Aug 15, 2018
  4. Maria Fab Win User

Windows 10 Photo Gallery shortcut

Hi Robert,

To create a shortcut for Windows 10 Photo Gallery, follow these steps:

• Right-click on Photo Gallery, and then choose the Open file or folder location.
    • A pop-up window will appear showing Photo Gallery, and then right-click on it.
    • Select Send to> Desktop (create shortcut).

Let us know how it goes.

Maria Fab, Aug 15, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10’s Photos app updated with a shortcut to Favorites feature - Similar Threads - 10’s Photos app

2. Windows 10 Photos app update (broken features?)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Photos app update (broken features?): I edit video for my church. I have developed a workflow that I carry out every month or so. It goes: Right-click an .mp4, choose Open with... >Movies & TV. In the window that opens, click the pencil in the bottom-right toolbar. Choose Edit in Photos > Trim. In the window...
  3. No Favorites Folder in Photos App

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No Favorites Folder in Photos App: I favorited some photos and I want to view them but cant find them : there is no favorites folder in the photos app pls help, where can i find it and how to fix this problem. I already favorited a lot of photos...
  4. No Favorites Folder in Photos App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Favorites Folder in Photos App: I favorited some photos and I want to view them but cant find them : there is no favorites folder in the photos app pls help, where can i find it and how to fix this problem. I already favorited a lot of photos...
  5. No Favorites Folder in Photos App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. windows 10 photos app favorites

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 photos app favorites: Hi,I hate to say it but this app is so disappointing. I used it to mark about 2000 as "favorites" and it got me stuck in so many different ways, I wouldn't recommend it at all until it is fixed. Right now, after struggling with it for two months, I would like to remove all of...
  7. windows 10 photos app favorites

windows 10 photos app favorites: Hi,I hate to say it but this app is so disappointing. I used it to mark about 2000 as "favorites" and it got me stuck in so many different ways, I wouldn't recommend it at all until it is fixed. Right now, after struggling with it for two months, I would like to remove all of...
  8. Windows 10 photo app favorites

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 photo app favorites: I want to clear all the photos in my favorites folder but not one by one which is all I know how to do. How do I clear all favorites at once? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-photo-app-favorites/c559cca0-50ba-4a0c-80b8-77fd42cfcee5"
  9. Shortcut to add/remove photos from favorites in Photos app.

Shortcut to add/remove photos from favorites in Photos app.: Hello, I've been using the photos app to pick photos since I don't want to import 50,000 images in lightroom. My question is if there is a shortcut to add/remove from favourites? Tried F, obviously didn't work. Looked around the web - nothing useful. Cheers, V Petkov...
  10. Add or Remove Favorites in Photos app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Favorites in Photos app in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Favorites in Photos app in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Favorites in Photos app in Windows 10 The Photos app is included in Windows 10 by default. You can use the Photos app to view and edit your photos and videos, make movies, and create albums....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. fav photos

2. windows photos app shortcut to favorite photos

3. favorite photos