Windows 10: windows 10s seems to restrict me to only certain apps

Discus and support windows 10s seems to restrict me to only certain apps in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; have a new laptop pc that has windows 10s this seems to restrict me to only certain apps . for instance i cannot load epson connect just a reduced... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JanetStow, Jun 15, 2020.

1. JanetStow Win User

windows 10s seems to restrict me to only certain apps

have a new laptop pc that has windows 10s this seems to restrict me to only certain apps . for instance i cannot load epson connect just a reduced epson app specific to windows 10S . is it possible to convert to Windows home without losing any work so far

:)

JanetStow, Jun 15, 2020

2. Restrict user access to certain apps in Windows 10

I have a simple goal, create a local account and limit its rights:

1. Hide & Secure certain folders/partitions.
    2. Limit access to certain apps.

For restricting App access, I've only found some tutorials based on editing the registries. Is this the way to go?

user1640736, Jun 15, 2020
  3. Problem in Background app restrictions

Hello MSFT,

Some certain apps like WhatsApp are not listed in my "Background apps" under Privacy settings and apps which listed, are not being able to restrict. Those apps are still sending push notifications. A few apps are showing twice or thrice at there

AnupamKaler, Jun 15, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 15, 2020
Thema:

1. windows 10s seems to restrict me to only certain apps - Similar Threads - 10s seems restrict

2. Windows media player -10s +10s

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows media player -10s +10s: is there an option to go back and forth of 10-second in the video using the keyboard arrows? and also pause/stop the video using the space bar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-10s-10s/517aab7f-b11f-4734-b20e-152813612edb
  3. Windows media player -10s +10s

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows media player -10s +10s: is there an option to go back and forth of 10-second in the video using the keyboard arrows? and also pause/stop the video using the space bar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-10s-10s/517aab7f-b11f-4734-b20e-152813612edb
  4. How to restrict internet access to certain apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restrict internet access to certain apps: I want to minimize data usage when I'm tethered to a mobile hotspot.As such, I want to allow internet access only by certain apps. I want to block *all* internet except by certain apps I select. How can this be done?...
  5. How to restrict internet access to certain apps

How to restrict internet access to certain apps: I want to minimize data usage when I'm tethered to a mobile hotspot.As such, I want to allow internet access only by certain apps. I want to block *all* internet except by certain apps I select. How can this be done?...
  6. Only certain apps are opening on Windows 10

Only certain apps are opening on Windows 10: A few weeks ago I noticed an issue after I had renamed my drives. I wanted to install Epic Games Launcher, and was having issues installing it to my F drive. One solution people cited was renaming my F to D and vice versa in disk management tool. This appeared to solve the...
  7. How to restrict the use of certain websites?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to restrict the use of certain websites?: Hello, Because of corona, my sibling (11) needs to work for school from home. I have taken her phone away when she needs to study, but a lot of her homework is done on the computer. She needs the internet to look up words, use Teams, etc... I cannot stay at her computer...
  8. How to restrict Windows Photos app to open pictures only?

How to restrict Windows Photos app to open pictures only?: Hello, when quickly browsing a folder with both photo and video files, the Windows Photos app will open both types as I scroll. Is there a way to restrict Windows Photos to only open picture files? The options is not available, is there a regedit to stop it from opening...
  9. There's a random Windows 10 bug that is annoying me. Only certain apps like settings,...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    There's a random Windows 10 bug that is annoying me. Only certain apps like settings,...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/listerined45 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jwspf7/theres_a_random_windows_10_bug_that_is_annoying/
  10. Microphone only works in certain apps

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone only works in certain apps: Hello! So my laptop's microphone isn't workin on certain apps such as Discord or the Browser. However, it is detected and even works in apps such as the sound recorder, the camera app. I've already tried everything, from updating the drivers and checking the sound privacy...