Windows 10: Windows 10’s Skype app for Insiders now works with the System Tray

Discus and support Windows 10’s Skype app for Insiders now works with the System Tray in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Back in September, Microsoft announced that the new modern Skype app for Windows 10 will be updated with support for the System Tray. At that time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Dec 10, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10’s Skype app for Insiders now works with the System Tray

Back in September, Microsoft announced that the new modern Skype app for Windows 10 will be updated with support for the System Tray. At that time Microsoft said that Skype’s System Tray integration will become available to users rather sooner than later.

Last week Microsoft revealed that Skype for Windows 10 has been updated for users enrolled in the Skype Insider program. After installing the new build, Microsoft’s messaging service Skype now works with the System Tray.

This means the System Tray icon will be displayed whenever Skype is running. It will also display a badge if you have unread Skype notifications. The Skype icon will display next to functions like sound, networks, time and date.

If the user taps on the icon, it will expand with new options – Open Skype, Settings and Hide. It will also show the unread conversations.

Windows 10’s Skype app for Insiders now works with the System Tray Skype-System-Tray.jpg

“We’ve heard you loud and clear! System Tray is now available on our latest Skype for Windows 10 Insider build. The System Tray icon will be displayed whenever Skype is running and will show a badge for an unread messages,” Microsoft’s Karah wrote in a forum post.

Skype and System Tray integration is actually something that should have been there from the very beginning but the app does not have some features which are available on Skype Classic.

The post Windows 10’s Skype app for Insiders now works with the System Tray appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Dec 10, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Skype system tray icon coming soon on Windows 10

Source: Coming Soon - Microsoft Community

Brink, Dec 10, 2018
  3. Drone Win User
    Windows 10 and Skype

And not only that but also:

Windows 10 Anniversary Update will double the number of Start menu ads/promoted apps

Sure, all that stuff can be uninstalled but then again who needs more crapware

edit: without that W10 clean installation could've been much faster just like on ltsb version

clean out-of-box start menu on W10 ltsb

Windows 10’s Skype app for Insiders now works with the System Tray windows-10-start-menu.png

Drone, Dec 10, 2018
  4. Windows 10’s Skype app for Insiders now works with the System Tray

How do I Close Skype For Business on Windows 10?

Hi Rafael,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to close Skype due to some reasons, we will help you to resolve this issue for you.

I suggest you to follow the steps:

Step1:

• Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc buttons at a time from the keyboard to open
      Task Manger.
    • Select Skype and click on End task.
    If that does not work, I suggest you to perform the below,

Step 2: The right way to close Skype is by right clicking on the Skype icon in the system tray / notification area and clicking
    Quit.

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for any further queries on Windows Operating System, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 10, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10’s Skype app for Insiders now works with the System Tray

1. Windows 10’s Skype app for Insiders now works with the System Tray - Similar Threads - 10’s Skype app

2. system tray app dysfunction

in Windows 10 Gaming
    system tray app dysfunction: I clicked on my Amazon icon in the system tray which awlays takes me to the website and what opened up is in the image i inserted.How do i get that to stop and that's never happened before. And there is a tab open in upper left hand corner that says Apps with a color grid....
  3. system tray app dysfunction

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    system tray app dysfunction: I clicked on my Amazon icon in the system tray which awlays takes me to the website and what opened up is in the image i inserted.How do i get that to stop and that's never happened before. And there is a tab open in upper left hand corner that says Apps with a color grid....
  4. System tray not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System tray not working: Hi all. Hope some of you can help. While windows was updating, I must have switched it off. Upon starting, the error 549981 appeared. Users here suggested reinstalling Cortana. The problem is not only my system tray is dead, but so are those on my my left. They are visible...
  5. System tray apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    System tray apps: Does the inclusion of an app in the system tray affect the amount of usable RAM? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-tray-apps/cc98dce4-a625-4e95-87c6-364c23a3726b
  6. Skype Insider Preview 8.34.76.37 now available

in Windows 10 News
    Skype Insider Preview 8.34.76.37 now available: Hello, Skype Insiders! We are rolling out a new preview build of Skype for Android, iPhone, iPad, Mac, Linux & Windows 10 PC today! Check out the current version 8.34.76.37 and please provide us the feedback here in the forums or in the app by (gently) shaking your device...
  7. Skype system tray icon coming soon on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Skype system tray icon coming soon on Windows 10: We've heard you loud and clear! We're working to bring Skype for Windows 10 to the system tray! While it's not out the door quite yet, you can expect the new system tray icon will: Be displayed whenever Skype is running Show sign-in and sign out state Show a badge for any...
  8. Skype is coming to Windows 10 System Tray and here’s how it will work

in Windows 10 News
    Skype is coming to Windows 10 System Tray and here’s how it will work: Microsoft is all set to end support for the old Skype app that is being used by millions of customers on November 1. Microsoft has already confirmed that the new modern Skype will be getting better with updates and the company recently added support for Split View that many...
  9. Split View mode now available on Skype for Windows 10 Insiders

in Windows 10 News
    Split View mode now available on Skype for Windows 10 Insiders: Split View mode is now available on our latest Skype for Windows 10 Insiders builds, 8.33.76.40/14.33.40.0! Try it out and send us your feedback! For more info on Skype for Windows 10 Insiders visit Skype for Windows 10 Insiders - your most asked questions: | Skype Support...
  10. Microsoft is bringing Windows 10’s Your Phone app to non-Insider PCs but it may not work now

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is bringing Windows 10’s Your Phone app to non-Insider PCs but it may not work now: Microsoft launched Your Phone app for Windows 10 earlier this month and as of now, it works only on Insider preview builds of Redstone 5 update. It appears that Microsoft has just pushed out a new update for Your Phone app which adds support for Windows 10 April 2018 Update...