Windows 10: Windows 10’s Start Menu might be getting curvy corners soon

Discus and support Windows 10’s Start Menu might be getting curvy corners soon in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; It looks like Microsoft is finally planning a subtle change to the design of future versions of Windows 10, with the recent development suggesting that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jul 20, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10’s Start Menu might be getting curvy corners soon

It looks like Microsoft is finally planning a subtle change to the design of future versions of Windows 10, with the recent development suggesting that rounded corners are coming back to focus.

In an effort to make Windows 10’s interface consistent with web and app-style direction, Microsoft will be cutting corners of the Start Menu in the next major release of its operating system.

We’ve already seen that Microsoft has been experimenting with rounded corners in the operating system. Last year, Microsoft published a proposal to update default control styles with rounder corners in XAML-based apps to make them easy to customize for developers.

Rather than sharp and square corners, Microsoft is now looking at an updated design that will have curved or rounded corners for context menu. In a popup posted on Microsoft’s Tips & Tricks page, a new screenshot has been spotted revealing that rounded corners might be coming to Start Menu and taskbar search bar.

Windows 10’s Start Menu might be getting curvy corners soon Windows-10-rounded-corners.jpg

If you look closely at the above screenshot, the corners of the context menu and Windows Search bar are rounded. While this is just a minor aesthetic and unannounced change, it does bring a more modern feel to Windows 10’s Start Menu and Taskbar.

It’s worth noting that previous versions Windows including Windows 7 and Windows Vista have had rounded corners (sort of), but with Windows 8 and Windows 10’s Metro user interface, Microsoft ditched Windows 7’s classic aero and rounded corners for sharp and square corners on Windows 10.

The board aim is to unify the common controls across apps and the operating system to achieve more overall consistency.

In addition to the round corners, Microsoft is also working on new theme-aware live tiles for Start Menu.

Remember that this is the first design mockup for rounded corners posted by Microsoft and a new look for the interface is still very much at the development, so we don’t know when it will actually be implemented in Windows 10.

Thanks for the tip, Divi.

The post Windows 10’s Start Menu might be getting curvy corners soon appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jul 20, 2020
  2. scevism Win User
    scevism, Jul 20, 2020
  3. Jetster Win User
    Jetster, Jul 20, 2020
  4. Windows 10’s Start Menu might be getting curvy corners soon

Windows 10 Start menu issue

yeah I've been less than happy with the start menu also.
    for me I for me I get freezes in start menu, especialy returning from sleep...which reminds me sleep is such a pain in the butt since I switch to Windows 10. Either waking up on its own, or system freezes when recovering from sleep

Stardock was a nice switch from vanilla, but i wasnt gonna buy it and 30 days goes by quick.

jboydgolfer, Jul 20, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10’s Start Menu might be getting curvy corners soon

1. Windows 10’s Start Menu might be getting curvy corners soon - Similar Threads - 10’s Start Menu

2. Windows 10 gets stuck as soon as started

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 gets stuck as soon as started: When I start my computer it gets stuck.Here is what I do.I start my pc then I use finger print lock to log in or pin then windows works for like 20-30 seconds Then if I try to open anything it lags and nothing works If I click on start button nothing happens The ui is active...
  3. Start menu and windows+s doesn't work...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu and windows+s doesn't work...: Hello. Start menu just straight up doesn't work. Right clicking it works, but some items(like search) still doesn't work. submitted by /u/ForbiddenLies [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/isi0gd/start_menu_and_windowss_doesnt_work/
  4. Windows 10’s new Start Menu vs old Start Menu: What’s changed?

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10’s new Start Menu vs old Start Menu: What’s changed?: Earlier this year, Microsoft introduced a new iconography design for Windows 10 that features a colourful and vibrant look. As part of the new design makeover, Live Tiles will be fading into the background, and new icons would be front and center as opposed to the current...
  5. Unlock Windows 10's new Start Menu now

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unlock Windows 10's new Start Menu now: Starting with Build 19041.423 or newer, you can now unlock the 20H2 features in Windows 10 version 2004 by tweaking your Registry. The Registry hack highlighted below will allow you to unlock the new Start menu, updated Alt-Tab, and other improvements without upgrading to...
  6. Windows 10’s new Start Menu upgrade might launch later this year

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10’s new Start Menu upgrade might launch later this year: As we’ve been reporting, Windows 10 20H2 is going to be delivered in the form of a small enablement package and the system’s build number will bump by one digit, just like November 2019 Update. When Windows 10 20H2 preview update was announced, Microsoft didn’t announce any...
  7. windows 10`s start menu transparent is invisible!!!!

windows 10`s start menu transparent is invisible!!!!: Hi. I just installed win10 v2004 today . everything was good but after sometimes windows start menu`s tiles were invisible and action center too. it happened after I opened settings and settings was blinking . when i want to take screenshot from it , it shown usual at...
  8. Microsoft reveals Windows 10’s redesigned Start menu

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft reveals Windows 10’s redesigned Start menu: We recently reported Microsoft will be removing Live Tiles from Windows 10’s Start menu and new design concept from the company, appears to confirm that. Windows 10’s new Start menu has tile-based static icons with a touch of Microsoft’s Fluent Design, but it looks like Live...
  9. Microsoft Edge might get Windows 10’s Fluent Design

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge might get Windows 10’s Fluent Design: After approximately one year of beta testing, Microsoft has released Chromium-based Edge browser for Windows 10, 7 and macOS. Chromium Edge, which runs on the same web engine as Chrome, comes with its own exclusive features and as well as the features available in Google’s...
  10. Windows 10's Start Menu stop working

Windows 10's Start Menu stop working: Problem Menu don't appear when clicking icons on start menu such as wifi icon, speaker icon and start icon which look like a window logo. This problem occur when using the computer and I have to restart the computer to fixed it. I don't like my current solution because i...