Windows 10: Windows 10's system restore is *extremely* slow

Discus and support Windows 10's system restore is *extremely* slow in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am trying to go back to a previous restore point in Windows 10 Home edition (version 1809). In Windows 7 I could use system restore to do that, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by dschulze747, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Windows 10's system restore is *extremely* slow

I am trying to go back to a previous restore point in Windows 10 Home edition (version 1809). In Windows 7 I could use system restore to do that, and it was fast and easy, like less than five minutes. In Windows 10 it takes several hours (not an exaggeration)! What am I doing wrong?

:)

dschulze747, Feb 19, 2019

2. Windows XP PRO error after restore

System restore is handy when it works like it did for me 2 days ago saving the need to reinstall all of my software as well as windows, id suggest using norton Ghost 12 for an excellent system restore feature.

jocksteeluk, Feb 19, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 19, 2019
  4. Windows 10's system restore is *extremely* slow

Windows 10 EXTREMELY slow performance!

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

I suggest you to run the System Maintenance troubleshooter by following the steps provided below and check for status.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on View All in the top left pane.
    • From the list click on System Maintenance and follow the on screen prompts.

Also, suggest you to check if the issue persists in Safe Mode.

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 19, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10's system restore is *extremely* slow

1. Windows 10's system restore is *extremely* slow - Similar Threads - 10's system restore

2. Windows 8.1 Runs extremely slow after restoring

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 8.1 Runs extremely slow after restoring: Hello, I was suspisious of a virus on my computer not allowing me to run a game I intented to play, tried method with clean boot by msconfig but found it didnt solve the issue. I decided to restore my pc by refreshing windows. However after it was complete it became really...
  3. Windows 8.1 Runs extremely slow after restoring

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 8.1 Runs extremely slow after restoring: Hello, I was suspisious of a virus on my computer not allowing me to run a game I intented to play, tried method with clean boot by msconfig but found it didnt solve the issue. I decided to restore my pc by refreshing windows. However after it was complete it became really...
  4. Windows 10 is extremely slow

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 is extremely slow: I have no idea why this is. I was running Windows 10 perfectly on my Dell Latitude E7440 but now everything just runs so slowly. I tried resetting my laptop twice but the same errors still persist?? I also attempted to modify the minimum and maximum amounts of ram Windows...
  5. WIndows 10 extremely slow login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    WIndows 10 extremely slow login: Hello everyone, I recently started noticing that windows would take extremely long to log in to my account. I would see the prompt for my PIN, type it in and the "Welcome" wheel would start spinning. And it would keep spinning for about 5 minutes before finally logging in....
  6. Extremely slow Windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Extremely slow Windows: For some reason my Windows 10 Acer laptop has become extremely slow during the last week or so. I have run the PERFMON /REPORT and see there is a problem which I don't understand and would appreciate help with. Here is a screen print of the report :[ATTACH]...
  7. Extremely Slow

Extremely Slow: My computer is terribly slow. There's a lag for EVERY action performed; turning on the computer and logging in, opening google chrome, opening a new tab, loading a website, shutting off the computer, EVERYTHING. I don't know what to do. I've only used about 1/3 of my...
  8. Windows 10 running extremely slow after system restore

Windows 10 running extremely slow after system restore: I had a virus attack sometime back, so then i tried and removed the virus with the help of windows defender and then even did a system restore to the laptop. And since that point of restore my computer have slowed down completely. It takes a lot of time for boot which was...
  9. Windows 10 extremely slow

Windows 10 extremely slow: Hello, I have problem with my computer speed. It gets so bad that it take me 2min to press start-power-shut down when turning off computer shut be 3s thing. Laptop has intel core i5-4210U, 500GB (only 138 is actually used), 4GB of RAM. Windows 10 Pro is installed and without...
  10. Windows 10 extremely slow on startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 extremely slow on startup: I have a 256 gig SSD with 88 gig free (not part of the profile). I upgraded to Windows 10 two weeks ago. Everything seemed fine until Monday morning when it went into repair mode on startup. I had to reinstall from the media DVD. Afterward, when it started, it was so slow...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 system restore slow

2. system restore very slow

3. windows 10 slow system restore