Windows 10: Windows 10’s tabbed-based Sets interface not expected anytime soon

Discus and support Windows 10’s tabbed-based Sets interface not expected anytime soon in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Back in 2017, Microsoft offered the first preview of Windows 10’s Sets feature, but the feature didn’t make its way to the operating system. It appears... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Apr 22, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10’s tabbed-based Sets interface not expected anytime soon

Back in 2017, Microsoft offered the first preview of Windows 10’s Sets feature, but the feature didn’t make its way to the operating system. It appears that it might take a while before a similar tabbed-based interface is offered with a Windows 10 update.

When Microsoft introduced Windows 10’s Sets interface, the company that a tabbed experience improve user productivity by allowing users to access multiple apps and service in one space.

“The concept behind this experience is to make sure that everything related to your task: relevant webpages, research documents, necessary files and applications, is connected and available to you in one click. As Office, Windows and Edge become more integrated to create a seamless experience, so you can get back to what’s important and be productive, recapturing that moment, saving time – we believe that’s the true value of Sets,” the company stated in a blog post.

A tweet by Microsoft employee has now raised speculation that software giant has delayed the Sets feature and a similar functionality may not arrive anytime soon.

Turner said that the “Shell-provided tab experience is no more,” but he also said that Microsoft is still interested in adding tabs. Microsoft may not have entirely given up on the idea of tabbed interface and the company might bring tabs to certain apps like Console or the entire OS in future.

The post Windows 10’s tabbed-based Sets interface not expected anytime soon appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Apr 22, 2019

2. Windows 10

its already there. there is a hard set factory image from samsung. problem is it takes a long time to get that backup into the drive again and destroys the C drive data.

so looks like i wont be trying windows 10 anytime soon *Stick Out Tongue Windows 10’s tabbed-based Sets interface not expected anytime soon :p

de.das.dude, Apr 22, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 22, 2019
  4. RCoon Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

How to stop Windows 10 from automatically installing new and updated drivers constantly (particularly for GPU users with stable drivers)

• Right click "My Computer"
    • Click "Properties"
    • Click on "Hardware" tab
    • Click "Device Installation Settings"
    • Tick the "No, let me choose what to do"
    • Tick "Never install driver software from Windows Update"

RCoon, Apr 22, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10’s tabbed-based Sets interface not expected anytime soon - Similar Threads - 10’s tabbed based

2. Windows 10 setting interface

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 setting interface: I just wanted to know if there is a way to get back my previous windows setting interface. My laptop originally had this interface the first picture; the dark mode one with the header option but suddenly it got changed to the second picture. All my systems are up to date, and...
  3. Vertical tabs on PWAs that have a tabbed interface.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Vertical tabs on PWAs that have a tabbed interface.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Leopeva64-2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/if6af5/vertical_tabs_on_pwas_that_have_a_tabbed_interface/
  4. Windows 10 settings interface

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 settings interface: I just wanted to know if there was way to get my windows 10 settings interface on my desktop to look like the one that is on my laptop i dont know if it has something to do with a windows update or not i just wanted to clarify, and i double cheked both of my systems and they...
  5. Audio interface App for Window S mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio interface App for Window S mode: Hi to all. I am looking for audio interface that's compatible with Windows S mode. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-interface-app-for-window-s-mode/6871d244-daeb-42c0-95a6-3c827dc59fb4
  6. It looks as if Microsoft Paint is not going anywhere anytime soon

in Windows 10 News
    It looks as if Microsoft Paint is not going anywhere anytime soon: Microsoft Paint, the decades-old basic image editor of the Windows operating system won't go anywhere, anytime soon it appears. Microsoft listed Microsoft Paint, abbreviated as MS Paint, as deprecated in the Fall Creators Update. Deprecated means that Microsoft would not...
  7. Microsoft is not planning to release Windows 10 19H2 builds anytime soon

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is not planning to release Windows 10 19H2 builds anytime soon: A new report published earlier this week revealed that Microsoft has already begun work on the next big update for Windows 10 which will released in October 2019. The next update to Windows 10 is arriving in April 2019 and the second big update of the year will be released in...
  8. Microsoft is not discontinuing the classic Skype app for Windows anytime soon

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is not discontinuing the classic Skype app for Windows anytime soon: Microsoft recently announced that the classic version of Skype would be retired in the fall and the users were required to upgrade to a newer, better and modern version of Skype in order to continue to use the messaging service. A number of Skype users took to the social...
  9. Microsoft isn’t planning to kill the classic Snipping Tool in Windows 10 anytime soon

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft isn’t planning to kill the classic Snipping Tool in Windows 10 anytime soon: Microsoft earlier this year introduced a new Screen Sketch app. Screen Sketch is a completely new app that has been made from scratch and it’s supposed to replace the previous screenshot experience called Snipping Tool. Microsoft is now showing a popup message (heads up) in...
  10. Microsoft expected to accelerate 10's patch schedule

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft expected to accelerate 10's patch schedule: Last week, Microsoft provided a few more details about the upcoming Windows 10 release of its operating system, and early indications are that new versions of the operating system will now be called branches, and will come out more frequently than the previous two-to-five...