Windows 10: windows 10S to windows 10 but update installed windows 11S

Discus and support windows 10S to windows 10 but update installed windows 11S in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I switched from windows 10S to windows 10 more than a year ago when I got my computer. I followed the instructions to go to the Microsoft Store and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by snickersnake, Jan 14, 2022.

1. windows 10S to windows 10 but update installed windows 11S

I switched from windows 10S to windows 10 more than a year ago when I got my computer. I followed the instructions to go to the Microsoft Store and handle it there. Everything has been fine until eight days ago, when a windows update installed 11S. My computer was hosed after that. I figured out what was wrong and reverted it back to windows 10 but how do I prevent this from happening again?

:)

snickersnake, Jan 14, 2022

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jan 14, 2022
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Is it time for Windows 10 already?

Again, for those that want the update reservation and you meet the requirements ---> Upgrade to Windows 10 for Free

And, some info from the FAQ page:

Also, some interesting info from the Specifications page:

95Viper, Jan 14, 2022
  4. Scrizz Win User

windows 10S to windows 10 but update installed windows 11S

Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Jan 14, 2022
Thema:

windows 10S to windows 10 but update installed windows 11S

1. windows 10S to windows 10 but update installed windows 11S - Similar Threads - 10S update installed

2. Install a printer in Windows 11S Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Install a printer in Windows 11S Mode: I have a new Lenovo laptop which has come preinstalled with Windows 11 in S mode. I am trying to connect my Canon MG25505 Pixma printer, but the laptop is only registering it as a Scanner and Windows Update says I have the most up to date version of the driver.This printer...
  3. How to install vscode on windows 11s

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to install vscode on windows 11s: Please I am currently using windows 11s. As you are aware, to keep the windows secure, Microsoft only allows installation of apps that are verified and downloaded from Microsoft store. Please how can I install Visual Studio code vscode seeing that it is a product of...
  4. Windows 11s

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11s: will Quicken run on Windows 11s? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11s/c55cc266-bef2-44d6-8b9a-e42aafad0e48
  5. Windows 11s

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11s: will Quicken run on Windows 11s? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11s/c55cc266-bef2-44d6-8b9a-e42aafad0e48
  6. windows 10S to windows 10 but update installed windows 11S

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10S to windows 10 but update installed windows 11S: I switched from windows 10S to windows 10 more than a year ago when I got my computer. I followed the instructions to go to the Microsoft Store and handle it there. Everything has been fine until eight days ago, when a windows update installed 11S. My computer was hosed after...
  7. windows 10S to windows 10 but update installed windows 11S

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10S to windows 10 but update installed windows 11S: I switched from windows 10S to windows 10 more than a year ago when I got my computer. I followed the instructions to go to the Microsoft Store and handle it there. Everything has been fine until eight days ago, when a windows update installed 11S. My computer was hosed after...
  8. windows updates in windows 10s

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows updates in windows 10s: unable to complete updates in windows 10s. windows malicious software removal tool x64 update generates an error code: 0x80711c7. troubleshooter is no help. windows 10s built in security does not allow running of file recommended by updates virtual agent. detailed report: xml...
  9. Windows 10S Powershell Installation?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10S Powershell Installation?: Hi, I have a PC running Windows 10S and I'd like to get a battery report which I can do through powershell. Can powershell be installed on Windows 10S? Is there another way to get the battery report or similar? Thanks....
  10. Windows 10S update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10S update: My Surface Laptop which uses Windows 10S updated for the first time today since I purchased it and following the update, I have lost all my apps except for mail and store - which infact are not visible or search-able, but rather if I hover over where they were placed on my...