Windows 10: Windows 10’s upcoming taskbar newsfeed to get full-page personalization UI

Discus and support Windows 10’s upcoming taskbar newsfeed to get full-page personalization UI in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; For the past few months, Microsoft has been working on an optional feature called “News and Interests” that will show Google Discover-like news and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Apr 8, 2021.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10’s upcoming taskbar newsfeed to get full-page personalization UI

For the past few months, Microsoft has been working on an optional feature called “News and Interests” that will show Google Discover-like news and interests-based stories on your taskbar. In addition to news, Microsoft will also display detailed weather information.

This feature is part of the Windows Search and Shell, and it can be updated via smaller Windows Updates. In fact, Microsoft is also able to improve the basic user interface and add minor new features via server-side updates, which are pushed using the Windows Search service.

In the latest update for Windows 10’s taskbar newsfeed, Microsoft is introducing support for a full-fledged personalization panel. To access the new personalization menu, you need to click on the “Manage interests” button that will launch Microsoft Edge to help users select the topics that they’re interested in.

Windows 10’s upcoming taskbar newsfeed to get full-page personalization UI Taskbar-newsfeed.jpg

As you can see in the screenshots, you can view the personalization page by clicking on the “Get started” button. On the next screen, you can click on the “My interests” option to customize the feed with topics and publishers you want to follow. For example, you can update the newsfeed to include news from entertainment, sports, and other categories.

Windows 10’s upcoming taskbar newsfeed to get full-page personalization UI Taskbar-newsfeed-interests.jpg

If you select a topic and click on follow button, you’ll see more stories about it. If you don’t like a story, you can right-click to hide it.

There’s also a new “My interests” page, which has been designed to tune your feed by adding publishers from Microsoft’s news network. The featured publishers include Fast Company, Bloomberg CNN, Fox News, and more.

Windows 10’s upcoming taskbar newsfeed to get full-page personalization UI Taskbar-newsfeed-settings.jpg

If you change your mind, you can always manage the publishers from the “Followed Publishers” menu on the left navigation pane.

Remember that you need to use Microsoft Edge (Chromium edition) to access these taskbar newsfeed settings. The page cannot be accessed via Google Chrome, Firefox or other browsers.

Microsoft is currently rolling out these improvements to select testers in the Windows Insider program. The feature is available in select locations only. At the time of writing this, taskbar feed with a personalization menu is rolling out in the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, and India.

The global rollout is scheduled for later this year and no specifics were provided by Microsoft in their last announcement.

Taskbar newsfeed and memory usage

When the feature is enabled, it will still run in the background to give you the latest information when you open it the next time. In our tests, we observed that it can take up to 150MB of RAM or more depending on your hardware and suggested contents.

However, “News and Interests” is optional, so if you don’t use it and unpin it from the taskbar, it will not eat memory or CPU.

The post Windows 10’s upcoming taskbar newsfeed to get full-page personalization UI appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Apr 8, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 8, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Pin Taskbar (settings, personalization, Taskbar) to taskbar

Hello Steven, *Smile

If you like, you could use the tutorial below to create shortcuts of these Settings pages, and then "Pin to taskbar" the shortcuts.

*Arrow Settings Pages List of URI Shortcuts in Windows 10 | Tutorials

Brink, Apr 8, 2021
  4. Paolo Mag Win User

Problem with a combine taskbar icons.

Hello,

In Windows 10, you can personalize the settings of your taskbar. If there are multiple applications opened, same applications will be combined under one taskbar button. If you want to change this setting, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Press the Start button.
    • Click on the Settings app.
    • Select Personalization.
    • At the left side of your window, click on Taskbar.
    • Under Combine taskbar buttons, choose Never.

Kindly update us with the results and if you have further queries, feel free to post back.

Paolo Mag, Apr 8, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10’s upcoming taskbar newsfeed to get full-page personalization UI - Similar Threads - 10’s upcoming taskbar

2. Personalizing Newsfeed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Personalizing Newsfeed: Hi - I am trying to personalize the news feed that pops up near the Windows button. At first there were way too many stories and I tried to turn off one by one the ones that I wasn't interested in but the list repopulated with more that I didn't want. I want to keep it turned...
  3. Personalizing Newsfeed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Personalizing Newsfeed: Hi - I am trying to personalize the news feed that pops up near the Windows button. At first there were way too many stories and I tried to turn off one by one the ones that I wasn't interested in but the list repopulated with more that I didn't want. I want to keep it turned...
  4. personal newsfeed added to taskbar after update in wrong language

in Windows 10 Customization
    personal newsfeed added to taskbar after update in wrong language: Hi, after a recent update to my Windows10 a new symbol was added to the right hand side of my taskbar which looks to be some sort of personalised news feed with weather, finance etc, but it is all in Chinese text with Chinese stories. How do I change it to English UK? I have...
  5. New details of Windows 10’s upcoming taskbar feed feature revealed

in Windows 10 News
    New details of Windows 10’s upcoming taskbar feed feature revealed: In January, Microsoft confirmed that it’s working on a Google Discover-like news and weather feed for Windows 10 taskbar. This feature is currently available to testers in the Insider program and it would be optional, which means you can always hide it on the taskbar....
  6. This is Windows 10’s upcoming Disk Partition Management Tool

in Windows 10 News
    This is Windows 10’s upcoming Disk Partition Management Tool: There are tons of third-party partition managers for Windows 10, but as you know, Windows includes its own Disk Management tool hidden in the Control Panel. With Windows 10’s built-in Disk Management tool, you can resize, create, delete and also format partitions. I’ve been...
  7. Windows 10’s new leak reveals upcoming minor UI tweaks

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10’s new leak reveals upcoming minor UI tweaks: Microsoft recently shipped Windows 10 21H1 preview build to the testers in the Dev Channel (Fast Ring) of the Windows Insider program with WSL 2 improvements. It seems that the preview build also contains multiple hidden UI changes including a smaller search box. Windows 10...
  8. NOT GETTING FULL PAGE ON iTUNES LIBRARY IN WIN 10

NOT GETTING FULL PAGE ON iTUNES LIBRARY IN WIN 10: I have downloaded and installed the most recent version of I-Tunes For Windows on a new HP Desktop with Win 10. While the functionality is okay, I cannot seem to get the full page of the library. The very bottom segment is missing, where it displays total number of songs and...
  9. Cortana to get more UI improvements in Windows 10’s 2019 update

in Windows 10 News
    Cortana to get more UI improvements in Windows 10’s 2019 update: As spotted by some knee observers, Windows 10’s Spring 2019 update will bring UI improvements to Microsoft’s Cortana. The next major update for Windows 10 is progressing slowly and the builds in the Fast Ring provide us with an early glimpse into the future of Windows 10 in...
  10. Windows 10 Newsfeeds gone???

Windows 10 Newsfeeds gone???: My windows 10 News Feeds are GONE. The Tab is there with a dulled our picture and news. When I click on it. I get the message: Check the Windows Store for more info. I tried to check Store but it won't open either. Just noticed Money tab is the same. I would like to get the...