Windows 10: Windows 10’s update may come with new Bluetooth features

Discus and support Windows 10’s update may come with new Bluetooth features in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; In preview builds of Windows 10, Microsoft is experimenting with new Bluetooth technology. The most recent preview build include references to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jan 25, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10’s update may come with new Bluetooth features

In preview builds of Windows 10, Microsoft is experimenting with new Bluetooth technology. The most recent preview build include references to Bluetooth EATT, which is a new feature that aims to improve the performance of the Bluetooth connection.

Microsoft has changed the way it is testing Windows 10 updates with Insiders. Fast Ring releases are no longer tied to a specific Windows 10 feature update, which means we don’t know when Bluetooth improvements will roll out to the general public. It may end up in Windows 10’s Fall 2020 update or in some other new feature updates.

In Windows 10 Build 19541 or newer, there are signs of work to support Enhanced Attribute protocol (EATT), a new technology introduced with Bluetooth 5.2. References to ‘BluetoothEattPdus’ and ‘BluetoothGattRobustCaching’ were spotted in Windows 10 builds, but the new feature cannot be enabled at the moment.

Unlike Bluetooth 5.0, version 5.2 isn’t a huge leap with a lot of changes, but EATT could significantly improve performance.

Enhanced Attribute protocol (EATT) is an improved version of the Attribute Protocol (ATT) and it also includes improvements for the Generic Attribute Profile (GATT). In Bluetooth 5.2, GATT performs more aggressive caching to allow connections to happen faster at reduced power usage.

It also leads to reduced end-to-end latency and you can expect improvements in audio devices. From the security point of view, EATT works over an encrypted connection and it has security advantages over ATT.

The current state of Windows Updates

Microsoft has finalized Windows 10’s 20H1 update and the company is working on 20H2. Unlike 20H1, this year’s fall update could be a service pack-like release with a strong focus on bug fixes.

Microsoft is also working on an unknown Windows 10 update and Windows 10 X, but the specifics are not known at the moment.

The next feature update for Windows 10, known as 2004, could be released to the mainstream users later this spring. Microsoft will roll out the cumulative-update-style 20H2 feature update for Windows 10 in the second half of this year.

The post Windows 10’s update may come with new Bluetooth features appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jan 25, 2020
  2. aasim1111 Win User

Bluetooth in windows 10

My computer specs are as listed in the profile. I think all of you guys are correct. I don't have built-in Bluetooth in mobo.

I contacted skull candy headphones and thy have told me if I do not have built-in Bluetooth, I would need a dongle which supports at least a2dp. I do not know what the heck that means. I have a feeling I would need more than a cheap dongle.

Anyone suggest some a2dp adapters. I searched but don't know what a2dp is so couldn't make a decision

aasim1111, Jan 25, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    The Other New Features Coming With The Windows 10 Creators Update

Read more: The Other New Features Coming With The Windows 10 Creators Update - Thurrott.com

Brink, Jan 25, 2020
  4. aasim1111 Win User

Bluetooth in windows 10

So I bought a new Bluetooth headphones the skull candy uproar since my old one isn't working. It came with only the headset and usb charging cable. The problem is I can't seem to pair it to my pc. I have windows 10 by the way. There is no Bluetooth on off button in windows settings. I went to device manager but there us no icon for Bluetooth. I did everything I knew but none of it worked.I can post pictures if anyone needs.An alternative might be a Bluetooth dongle but I m not sure I'd it would work plus I paid $50 so don't wanna spend more

I looked up on Internet and many people seem to have issues with windows 10 and Bluetooth. I thought of asking here knowing my UK friends are smart.

Anyone have any idea of how to get Bluetooth to work on my pc.

PS don't curse windows 10. I already know it's a mess and not a very good os.

aasim1111, Jan 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10’s update may come with new Bluetooth features - Similar Threads - 10’s update may

2. Windows 10 21H2 comes with new features for Bluetooth audio

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 21H2 comes with new features for Bluetooth audio: Windows 10 has been criticized in the past for limited controls for audio devices, with users regularly reporting issues when using their Bluetooth devices for both voice and mic. There have also been complaints about the audio quality itself, especially when using premium...
  3. Windows 10’s new taskbar feature is also coming to older versions

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10’s new taskbar feature is also coming to older versions: Windows 10’s Sun Valley update is still several months away, but we’ll have plenty of minor improvements to test out in the coming months. The next feature update is Windows 10 version 21H1 and it is supposed to be a minor release with improvements for enterprise customers....
  4. Windows 10 v2004 May 2020 Update New Features

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 v2004 May 2020 Update New Features: [ATTACH]Windows 10 v 2004 next feature update is now available using Release Preview. But for most users, it would be a good idea to install […] This article Windows 10 v2004 May 2020 Update New Features first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  5. Windows 10’s new features could come as separate downloads

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10’s new features could come as separate downloads: Microsoft recently shipped the November 2019 Update to consumers and Windows 10 version 2004 is being tested with Insiders. According to a new report, it looks like Microsoft is working on a smarter way to push new features and important improvements to Windows 10. Windows...
  6. Windows 10 May feature update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 May feature update: Hey. So i got the latest update on my windows 10 laptop like last week, and i downloaded it. Due to some network issues, the download/install failed (not sure which one cus i was busy with work while it was updating, checked like an hour later). So i re-downloaded it, and...
  7. Windows 10 May feature update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 May feature update: Since the May feature update was installed, the Asus AI Suite, which gives power and performance management on my motherboard, no longer works. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the latest version, and the the install wizard crashes shortly after it is launched. I tried...
  8. Windows 10 May 2019 Update gets a new Windows Update feature

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 May 2019 Update gets a new Windows Update feature: Windows 10 version 1903, which is scheduled to begin rolling out in late May 2019, will introduce an improved Windows Update settings page. In the latest build, Windows Update is getting a new option that will allow users to install cumulative and additional updates without...
  9. The Other New Features Coming With The Windows 10 Creators Update

in Windows 10 News
    The Other New Features Coming With The Windows 10 Creators Update: Microsoft will release a new version of Windows 10 this spring that they are calling the Creators update. While they did announce the large features that will be coming with this release, the company also posted a video that shows some of the smaller updates that will arrive...
  10. New features and improvements coming to Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    New features and improvements coming to Windows 10: [img] During the Microsoft 2015 Build conference, Joe Belfiore took the stage to talk about how developers can easily build apps and take advantage of the new operating system. More importantly, he showed off a bunch of features and improvements, which are not available...