Windows 10: Windows 10’s user profile bug gets a new workaround

Discus and support Windows 10’s user profile bug gets a new workaround in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; In the past few months, Microsoft has had a rotten run of Windows 10 updates. As many people have complained, Windows 10’s each new release seemingly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Feb 25, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10’s user profile bug gets a new workaround

In the past few months, Microsoft has had a rotten run of Windows 10 updates. As many people have complained, Windows 10’s each new release seemingly breaks more things than it fixes and the latest update has introduced a critical bug that hides user’s profile folder.

Windows 10’s cumulative update fail has seemingly broken Microsoft’s user profile system – a pretty important part of the OS as a user profile contains files from desktop, documents and other locations.

It has been widely reported that KB4532693 could boot Windows 10 with a temporary user profile and files from desktops are removed. Microsoft support employees told us that the Redmond firm is aware of the bugs and it appears that there’s another workaround that could restore the user profile.

“Microsoft is aware of some customers logging into temporary profile after installing KB4532693, on both versions 1903 and 1909,” Microsoft said.

According to an MVP, Microsoft recommends users to reboot into Safe Mode before booting in normal mode to resolve the problem.

“You may uninstall any secure banking software or anti-virus in the temporary profile which may resolve this if the above steps do not help,” the post reads.

It’s worth noting that Microsoft has yet to acknowledge the mess in its official documents and offer a fix to affected users.

The post Windows 10’s user profile bug gets a new workaround appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Feb 25, 2020

2. Windows 10 can't load the user profile for a new user account

Hi Judy

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. .

I would suggest you to follow the method give below and check.

Method 1: I suggest you enter into safe mode and enable built-in administrator and check with the status of User profile service.

Step 1: Start computer in safe
    mode.

• Type Settings in the search box on the desktop, select
      Settings.

• Here select Change pc settings and then
      General.

• Scroll down to Advanced startup, click
      Restart now.

• Click on Troubleshoot, Advanced options, and Startup Settings.

• Click Restart, select Safe mode and then press
      Enter.

Step 2: Enable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.

• Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
        Command Prompt.

• Type the following command and hit Enter:

• net user administrator /active: yes
      (Check for the spaces)
    d. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.

Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done.

Method 2: Try to create a new user account (Microsoft account) and check if you are able to access the content from your computer

Create a user account

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-10

Note: Create a Microsoft account

Method 3: Check the status of User profile services.

Steps:

• Press Windows + R to open Run command, type
      Services.msc and press Enter.
    • Search for User Profile Service, right click on it and
      start the service.
    • Also, set the Startup type to
      Automatic
    • Now check if you are able to log-in.

Hope this information is helpful. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Ashish Sondhi, Feb 25, 2020
  3. I can't create a New User Profile that is Not Corrupt! Please Help!

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in creating the new user profile on your device. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

As a work around, I suggest you to enable the built-in administrator account, log-in with the admin account to create a new user profile and check if you are able to check. This will let us know if the issue persists with user account or the operating system.

Step 1: Follow the steps to enable Built-in admin account.

Enable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
    • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
      Command Prompt
    • Type the following command and hit Enter:
    • net user administrator /active: yes (Check for the spaces)
    4. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.  

Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done. 

Step 2: Refer to the articles to create a test user account/ Microsoft account respectively.

For Local account: Create a local user account in Windows 10

For Microsoft account: Help with Microsoft account

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of creating new user profile for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 25, 2020
  4. Windows 10’s user profile bug gets a new workaround

new account and The User Profile Service failed the sign in ; user profile cannot be loaded

Hello,

Thank you for your reply,

This issue might be due to the User profile Services, please follow the below and check.

I suggest you to Check the status of User profile services.

Steps:

• Press Windows + R to open Run command, type
      Services.msc and press Enter.
    • Search for User Profile Service, right click on it and
      start the service.
    • Also, set the Startup type to
      Automatic
    • Now check if you are able to log-in.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Ashish Sondhi, Feb 25, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10’s user profile bug gets a new workaround

1. Windows 10’s user profile bug gets a new workaround - Similar Threads - 10’s user profile

2. Windows User Profile is getting corrupted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows User Profile is getting corrupted: HelloI am using Windows server OS 2019 .Windows User Profile is getting corrupted every time server is restarted. A new Temp user profile is getting created. In server few of the application services are running as Log On user with administrative access.How to find the exact...
  3. Windows User Profile is getting corrupted

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows User Profile is getting corrupted: HelloI am using Windows server OS 2019 .Windows User Profile is getting corrupted every time server is restarted. A new Temp user profile is getting created. In server few of the application services are running as Log On user with administrative access.How to find the exact...
  4. New User Profile

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    New User Profile: My user profile linked to my Microsoft account appears to be corrupted.How can I create a new user profile linked to the same Microsoft account without removing the corrupted profile?Mohan...
  5. New User Profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New User Profile: My user profile linked to my Microsoft account appears to be corrupted.How can I create a new user profile linked to the same Microsoft account without removing the corrupted profile?Mohan...
  6. New User Profile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Relocate windows user/s profile WITHOUT SYSPREP

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Relocate windows user/s profile WITHOUT SYSPREP: I am at the basic configuration stage of the new system (current version of Windows 10 pro) just installed last week (finally). Before I begin installing a plethora of software I need, I want to shift the profiles off the SSD to a more robust HDD to save wear-n-tear. I found...
  8. Windows 10 - How to copy 1 user profile to a new user profile

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 - How to copy 1 user profile to a new user profile: My oldest son would like to give my youngest son his Windows 10 laptop, but he doesn't want the younger son to use his user profile. Because the current user profile has all the software, links, etc. that the younger one needs, I would like to make a duplicate user profile...
  9. Windows 10’s missing data new profile bug is still there

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10’s missing data new profile bug is still there: Some users who have installed recent Windows 10 updates including KB4549951 have reported that their user profile with all the data, customizations and documents weren’t loading when they logged in. After the updates are applied, Windows 10 boots with a mysterious temporary...
  10. Changing Default New User Profiles on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing Default New User Profiles on Windows 10: I'm trying to figure out how to change the default new user profile on WIndows 10. I'm not sure if I'm using the right terminology, but I'll describe what I'm trying to do. Whenever I add a new local user, I'd like that account to be customized a certain way. This way I don't...