Windows 10: Windows 10’s weird bug could break sleep mode on your PC

Discus and support Windows 10’s weird bug could break sleep mode on your PC in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 10’s cumulative update KB4535996 deliver Windows Search improvements and other important fixes, but it appears that the patch is responsible... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Mar 7, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10’s weird bug could break sleep mode on your PC

Windows 10’s cumulative update KB4535996 deliver Windows Search improvements and other important fixes, but it appears that the patch is responsible for a wide range of issues for some users.

Users have reported that Windows 10’s February update leads to BSOD errors, blue and black screen before login, reduced performance, FPS drops, audio stutters and system crashes. In some configurations, KB4535996 also breaks power management settings and users cannot put their PC in sleep mode.

Putting PC to sleep is a great way to save energy, but some people are reporting that Windows 10 keeps waking up automatically after applying the optional update.

“I’m unable to put my Surface Laptop 2 into sleep mode. It wakes up after a few minutes even when the lid is closed. Looks like the update broke power management,” one user wrote in our comments.

“This needs to be addressed. We should be able to prevent an optional update if it causes problems. No I have to either pause updates for 7 days and then uninstall KB4535996 again. This update causes both my laptop and desktop to not go into sleep mode,” a user documented the bug in Microsoft’s answer forum.

“This update causes 2 computers not to go into sleep mode. Both are running Win 10 Home v. 1909. They both worked fine after I uninstalled the update,” another user confirmed the bug.

“Since the latest Windows 10 updates, KB4537572 and KB4535996, my computer is waking itself from sleep every couple of hours. Didn’t do this prior to updates,” a user noted on Twitter.

Windows update could also increase boot times or boot failures on certain systems and it has also caused issues with Sign Tool, a command-line utility that’s used by developers for Windows apps.

These issues haven’t affected all users, however.

Microsoft has yet to acknowledge sleep mode bug or what may be causing it. The support article still claims that the company is not aware of any issues.

The post Windows 10’s weird bug could break sleep mode on your PC appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Mar 7, 2020

2. Weird behavior in sleep mode in windows 10

Hi

I am using Windows 10 I face weird behavior when using the sleep mode here are the steps:

1. Connect PC to wireless network from mobile phone (iPhone).

2. Go to sleep mode from windows.

3. Turn off the hot spot from mobile.

Result: the PC started right away (wake up from sleep mode).

Expected result: PC should remain in sleep mode.

nizar salameh, Mar 7, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 7, 2020
  4. Windows 10’s weird bug could break sleep mode on your PC

Sleep mode

Hi,

This issue with sleep mode could have happened due to corrupted or outdated drivers. To resolve your issue, we suggest that you update your drivers. You can follow the steps provided in this

article

If the issue still persists, we also suggest that you change the settings in your Windows 10. You can follow the steps provided in this

article
    . This will give you steps to shut down, sleep, or hibernate your PC.

Update us with the result so we can further assist you.

Anthony Gal, Mar 7, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10’s weird bug could break sleep mode on your PC

1. Windows 10’s weird bug could break sleep mode on your PC - Similar Threads - 10’s weird bug

2. PC bug after entering sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC bug after entering sleep mode: My PC has some sort of bug after entering sleep mode. It immediately turns on, fans start to spin, but the screen is black. It does not respond on keyboard or mouse click. I even can not restart or turn it off by pressing IO, so I have to unplug it and start it again.It shows...
  3. PC bug after entering sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC bug after entering sleep mode: My PC has some sort of bug after entering sleep mode. It immediately turns on, fans start to spin, but the screen is black. It does not respond on keyboard or mouse click. I even can not restart or turn it off by pressing IO, so I have to unplug it and start it again.It shows...
  4. PC bug after entering sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 KB5003637 update could break your taskbar, printer

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 KB5003637 update could break your taskbar, printer: Windows 10 has a new bug which has been introduced thanks to its monthly security patch “KB5003637”. The problem is that the update is messing up with the icons on the taskbar and desktop. This issue was first reported last month when users installed the optional and it seems...
  6. Weird Windows 10 bug

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird Windows 10 bug: Whenever I click on something, a gray selection rectangle (no idea how to call it) appears and goes through every option until it reaches the top option. For example, if I click on the Windows search bar, it will go through every suggestion. Since there is no "top option",...
  7. Windows 10 sleep mode bug

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 sleep mode bug: 30 minutes after starting my Windows 10 Pro workstation, the system sleep mode starts. As you know, I then need to restart my pc, login into Windows 10 and restart the applications I was using before it went into sleep mode. What is the solution to this bug?...
  8. Windows 10 weird bug

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 weird bug: I have come across a strange bug where the windows apps are glitching, its **** if the directional keys are being pressed extremely fast and repeatedly, sometimes its the bad i cant press anything, for example when i try switching from my heads phones to TV sound output it...
  9. Windows 10 weird bug

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 weird bug: Hi there, i am new to the forums and as such, i do not know if this is the right section to place my question, so i apologize in advance. Here's the problem: some days ago my computer started freaking out when i turned it on, as in slow loading to a black screen with mouse,...
  10. Weird windows 10 bug

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird windows 10 bug: Just about every time I start windows 10 it works perfectly fine but after a while the text in the start menu starts to disappear and the text also becomes glitchy looking blocks and lines. 19762