Windows 10: Windows 10S

Discus and support Windows 10S in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; A friend of mine has a computer running Windows 10S which was bought before it was discontinued and replaced with S mode. Is there a way of disabling... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by oj2002, Sep 8, 2018.

1. oj2002 Win User

Windows 10S

A friend of mine has a computer running Windows 10S which was bought before it was discontinued and replaced with S mode. Is there a way of disabling Windows 10S like in standard Windows 10?

:)

oj2002, Sep 8, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 8, 2018
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Sep 8, 2018
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Windows 10S

Delta6326, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10S

1. Windows 10S - Similar Threads - 10S

2. Game Bar on Windows 10s

in Windows 10 Customization
    Game Bar on Windows 10s: Does Windows 10S support the Game Bar (Win+G)? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-bar-on-windows-10s/35dfec57-1919-4560-bedd-c696385dcead
  3. Can I go from windows 10 pro to windows 10s?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I go from windows 10 pro to windows 10s?: Hello, Is there a way to go back to windows 10s after I have done the upgrade? Windows 10 pro seems to be taking up a lot of space. Should I have used system restore to make a backup point before I started the update?...
  4. UNABLE TO CHANGE DISPLAY BRIGHTNESS IN WINDOWS 10S

UNABLE TO CHANGE DISPLAY BRIGHTNESS IN WINDOWS 10S: I can no longer adjust the display brightness on my surface Go. The device runs on windows 10s and is up to date. I have tried using the keyboard shortcut, the notification tiles menu on the right hand side and by going into the display settings via the search bar, I...
  5. Mail on win 10S on a Surface Go

Mail on win 10S on a Surface Go: My incoming and outgoing mail servers are hosted on another domain. There appears to be no way to enter this data - the app simply fails to detect the mailbox and gives up. Can this be fixed? or do I need to upgrade to the regular Win 10 and install Thunderbird?...
  6. windows 10s

windows 10s: Hey!! i was planning to buy for myself a new laptop and recently i have got a pretty good deal on the surface laptop first gen and i got to know that it runs windows 10s and i cant run apps on it if they are not from the windows store but then i got to know that it can be...
  7. Windows 10S Powershell Installation?

Windows 10S Powershell Installation?: Hi, I have a PC running Windows 10S and I'd like to get a battery report which I can do through powershell. Can powershell be installed on Windows 10S? Is there another way to get the battery report or similar? Thanks....
  8. Unable to update Microsoft Store from Windows 10S mode

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to update Microsoft Store from Windows 10S mode: having a issue trying to update windows 10s to windows 10 home so I download apps. Tried to change it in settings. Sent me to the Microsoft store to download for free. Could not download due to saying need to update Microsoft store. will not update the store. ***Modified...
  9. cannot update microsoft store to go from windows 10s to windows 10 home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    cannot update microsoft store to go from windows 10s to windows 10 home: having a issue trying to update windows 10s to windows 10 home so I download apps. Tried to change it in settings. Sent me to the Microsoft store to download for free. Could not download due to saying need to update Microsoft store. will not update the store....
  10. Windows 10S - can this still be changed to Home or Pro

Windows 10S - can this still be changed to Home or Pro: Hello, I have an opportunity to acquire a laptop with Windows 10S on it and was wondering - is it still possible to change it to Windows Home/Pro without cost? [img] Thank you. 123682