Windows 10: Windows 10sion: What's Old Is New Again

Discus and support Windows 10sion: What's Old Is New Again in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Interesting take on Windows 10 from the Verge. I personally think Windows 10 is a step forward. Windows 10sion: what's old is new again, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by PaulGo, Sep 30, 2014.

1. PaulGo Win User

Windows 10sion: What's Old Is New Again

Interesting take on Windows 10 from the Verge. I personally think Windows 10 is a step forward.

Windows 10sion: what'''s old is new again, and that'''s a problem | The Verge

PaulGo, Sep 30, 2014
  2. essenbe Win User

The biggest thing I learned from that article, is that some writers have nothing important to write about. Are there going to be elements of a previous OS in the new version? Of course, there never has been one that didn't. Are there going to be newer things in a new OS? Well, I certainly hope so. Is it so wrong to take an OS like Windows 7, which has been the best OS Microsoft ever made, and say we want to keep many things much like it was in 7, but lets make some improvements and make it better and faster? While we are at it, why don't we add, as an option, to incorporate some newer things that went over real well in Windows 8/8.1. We may even take a few things that work well in a Linux world, and incorporate them. That sounds like an interesting OS to me.

Let's just wait and see if the new Windows 10 is a worthy successor to the tried and proven Windows 7 before we throw Microsoft under the Bus. That seems to be the latest fad, let's throw Microsoft under the Bus before we ever see what they come out with. Yes, I've seen and heard some things about Windows 10 I wasn't real happy about. I've also seen some things about it that sound very interesting. So, before the writers attempt to throw Microsoft out with the dirty bath water, Why not tell the writers to shut the heck up, at least until we have had some real hands on time with it and have seen first hand what it's really like.

:)

essenbe, Sep 30, 2014
  3. Install Windows 10 on new SSD disk

What is the procedure to install Windows 10 on new SSD disk? Should I first install it on running old disk with Windows 7 and then install it again on the new SSD installed on the same PC?

Martin Kovac, Sep 30, 2014
  4. Windows 10sion: What's Old Is New Again

Reinstalling Windows 10 because of the fault 0xc000000f as no recover methods worked.

Original Title - Windows old

hi I have had to reinstall Windows 10 because of the fault 0xc000000f as no recover methods worked

what I want to know is can I use any of the Windows old instead of reinstalling all my programs again or could I copy the corrupt files from that fault from new Windows into the Windows old to get it working again

thanks

Chris Johnson 2016, Sep 30, 2014
  5. Phone Man Win User
    Well said Steve.
    I prefer the 8.1 Start Screen to the 7 Start Menu but will see how this new one works out before I form an opinion.
    I read that there would be an option to chose but I will have to wait a week to see. I am heading to Texas tomorrow and won't be able to install the preview until I get back.

Jim *Cool

Phone Man, Sep 30, 2014
  6. Flashorn Win User
    If it makes it easier for people to learn then, I'm all for it.

I'll have a better view when I install the preview, if we even
    get the chance to download. I imagine their servers will be
    quite busy to the point of overload.

Flashorn, Sep 30, 2014
  7. unifex Win User
    I'm always amazed at how people confuse the OS and the UI. All these discussions about how the OS looks like are just talking about the UI. And that's the most irrelevant part, although it is what you see. I'll be the first to say that eye candy is important, but it doesn't define the OS.

unifex, Sep 30, 2014
  8. Pendaws Win User

Sort of doesn't matter, MS will call it what they like. As long as it works I guess? *Smile

Pendaws, Sep 30, 2014
  9. enoch1138 Win User
    (cr)Apple didn't make it, so iVerge isn't going to say nice things about it.

Typical.

enoch1138, Sep 30, 2014
  10. echrada Win User
    From the little I have seen this is going to be a game changer! And we are only at the beginning of Windows 10. I am now excited like I was with 7.

echrada, Sep 30, 2014
  11. elhassan Win User
    I am sure with windows 10 people will love Microsoft more

elhassan, Sep 30, 2014
  12. BunnyJ New Member
    Don't bet on that. No matter what MS does there will always be haters. It's in the nature of some to simply hate for the sake of hating. It's a hobby of theirs. Don't take them to serious.. it's not their fault.. they born that way. *Wink

BunnyJ, Sep 30, 2014
  13. Windows 10sion: What's Old Is New Again

Are people classed as an MS hater if they love 8 but dislike 10 *Wink

paulsalter, Sep 30, 2014
  14. BunnyJ New Member
    Wow.. now that concept just blew my mind!! BOOM!!
    But, that would be odd.. but yes it can and will happen. *Biggrin

BunnyJ, Sep 30, 2014
  15. dougout Win User
    This is an excellent post that is very fair and makes total sense to me.

dougout, Sep 30, 2014
Thema:

1. Windows 10sion: What's Old Is New Again - Similar Threads - 10sion What's Old

2. Old windows on new PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old windows on new PC: Will the product key work on the new pc as I can't do anything to remove the key from the old pc? The motherboard died so I need to change everything except SSD. I need to it and I dont want to buy license again....
  3. Old windows on new PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Old windows on new PC: Will the product key work on the new pc as I can't do anything to remove the key from the old pc? The motherboard died so I need to change everything except SSD. I need to it and I dont want to buy license again....
  4. Old windows on new PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. windows 11 is installing old intel drivers again and again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 is installing old intel drivers again and again: I installed the latest intel driver from intel's website the windows downloaded the old driver again and installed it I tried disabling the update but nothing works. Even let it install the old driver then update it again but the problem is still not fixed. I installed the...
  6. windows 11 is installing old intel drivers again and again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 is installing old intel drivers again and again: I installed the latest intel driver from intel's website the windows downloaded the old driver again and installed it I tried disabling the update but nothing works. Even let it install the old driver then update it again but the problem is still not fixed. I installed the...
  7. same old virus again in windows 11

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    same old virus again in windows 11: Hi again, i finally got some logs greg, hopefully this will help. So I have windows 11 apparently but the same old files appear and these are the logs I managed to capture if they are the actual ones from my scans, Rod Christoffersen 0414466007 Aussie *** Email address is...
  8. New pc buy Windows again?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New pc buy Windows again?: I just have a laptop with Windows 10 already installed (the laptop is new) and I want to build a gaming pc and assemble it myself. Now my question is if i have to buy Windows or if i can do it somehow? Neuer Pc nochmal Windows kaufen?
  9. Again new update and again explorer not responding

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Again new update and again explorer not responding: As title says again explorer not responding after updating and all i get is black screen. Tried running SFC/SCANNOW It found corrupted files and fixed them, but it didn't fix anything....
  10. old drivers are at it again

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    old drivers are at it again: With the new release of windows the old buggy 2.7 drivers are back that crashes the pc be warned includes latest 1803 version if i update your drivers windows update will replace them with the messed up ones this was a common issue that wa supposed to fixed you can try...