Windows 10: Windows 10sion: What's Old Is New Again

Discus and support Windows 10sion: What's Old Is New Again in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Good to know, thanks. How's it running...?? Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by PaulGo, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Rickkins Win User

Windows 10sion: What's Old Is New Again

Good to know, thanks.
    How's it running...??

Rickkins, Oct 1, 2014
  2. CountMike New Member

Everything OLD was once NEW and everything new will be old and all of it goes round and round, so do Windows. Given all the outcry about Win8 it's not surprising at all what we see here. Old Start, done new way. Expected in 8.2, showed up in 10. Waiting for some real surprise still.

CountMike, Oct 1, 2014
  3. popeye Win User
    Really good news! Thanks.

popeye, Oct 1, 2014
  4. Windows 10sion: What's Old Is New Again

Too late for me.
    I couldn't find it without going via WIP.

I suppose once I've downloaded it, I can cancel WIP.

Update
    I installed W10TP in the latest version of VMware Player (for Linux) from a mounted ISO.
    It took just under 20 minutes on my PC.

Now I have to decide what programs to install (for testing).

lehnerus2000, Oct 1, 2014
  5. Rickkins Win User
    Well crap-a-mundo, seems like my vmware install has frozed...getting devices 25%...

Frig a double dig....

Rickkins, Oct 1, 2014
  6. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there
    my first effort really gave problems with VMware -- have since re-downloaded the ENTERPRISE version -- everything seems to be going OK this time -- also installing a Windows to go on Box nr 2.

I gave up on the NON enterprise version as I want to try upgrade in place as well and I need to have the same release level to do the upgrade (enterprise ==> enterprise or non enterprise==> non enterprise).

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Oct 1, 2014
  7. Well my first thoughts on 10 are a really good step in the right direction. To be fully excepted by Enterprise it needs a "Windows 2000" and" Windows 7" theme option. Windows 2000 skin for those at work who get a plain desktop on lab computers etc. A Windows 7 skin for general purpose use. I am sure these will be in the next release. I am liking what I am seeing. Now we know why the August update to 8.1 was effectively pulled at the last minute. This is it, M$ made the decision to quit working on 8.1 and roll the talent into producing the next version of Windows. Yes there are rough edges, things are missing but we must not forget it is work in progress.
    They said on stage the OS will automatically swap modes to desktop and touch modes (Continuum) with correct hardware. We should get a manual override too. For pre release software this is exceptionally stable. I remember testing Vista ,XP 98, and 95 and they were bad as preview. Who is General Protection and what is he doing on my PC?

Indianatone, Oct 1, 2014
  8. Rickkins Win User

Grabbin it now, should take about 5mins...

Edit: Ok, trying again with enterprise...

Rickkins, Oct 1, 2014
  9. Rickkins Win User
    %^&%$##@#**&^###

Rickkins, Oct 1, 2014
  10. CountMike New Member
    Grab didn't grab ????

CountMike, Oct 1, 2014
  11. Rickkins Win User
    Still getting stuck at getting devices ready.

Rickkins, Oct 1, 2014
  12. Rickkins Win User
    Well, it took several days* but I managed to update my 8.1 to tech preview for enterprise....

* I exaggerate for effect.....

Rickkins, Oct 1, 2014
  13. Windows 10sion: What's Old Is New Again

Snicker, Snicker - I gotta like that!

Jody Thornton, Oct 2, 2014
  14. jeffrys Win User
    Windows 10sion: what's old is new again, and that's a problem

hahaha

back to old school

Jeff

jeffrys, Oct 4, 2014
  15. bromanbro Win User
    It is kind of true. MS is trying to redo what they did with Windows 7 by just making it lean/remove the BS from their previous OS. However, Windows 8 is fixed by just Classic Shell...and unlike Vista, is already pretty damn lean. So I dunno if MS can redo Windows 7, especially since it's still "new" to most people.

bromanbro, Oct 4, 2014
Thema:

1. Windows 10sion: What's Old Is New Again - Similar Threads - 10sion What's Old

2. Old windows on new PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old windows on new PC: Will the product key work on the new pc as I can't do anything to remove the key from the old pc? The motherboard died so I need to change everything except SSD. I need to it and I dont want to buy license again....
  3. Old windows on new PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Old windows on new PC: Will the product key work on the new pc as I can't do anything to remove the key from the old pc? The motherboard died so I need to change everything except SSD. I need to it and I dont want to buy license again....
  4. Old windows on new PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. windows 11 is installing old intel drivers again and again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 is installing old intel drivers again and again: I installed the latest intel driver from intel's website the windows downloaded the old driver again and installed it I tried disabling the update but nothing works. Even let it install the old driver then update it again but the problem is still not fixed. I installed the...
  6. windows 11 is installing old intel drivers again and again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 is installing old intel drivers again and again: I installed the latest intel driver from intel's website the windows downloaded the old driver again and installed it I tried disabling the update but nothing works. Even let it install the old driver then update it again but the problem is still not fixed. I installed the...
  7. same old virus again in windows 11

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    same old virus again in windows 11: Hi again, i finally got some logs greg, hopefully this will help. So I have windows 11 apparently but the same old files appear and these are the logs I managed to capture if they are the actual ones from my scans, Rod Christoffersen 0414466007 Aussie *** Email address is...
  8. New pc buy Windows again?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New pc buy Windows again?: I just have a laptop with Windows 10 already installed (the laptop is new) and I want to build a gaming pc and assemble it myself. Now my question is if i have to buy Windows or if i can do it somehow? Neuer Pc nochmal Windows kaufen?
  9. Again new update and again explorer not responding

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Again new update and again explorer not responding: As title says again explorer not responding after updating and all i get is black screen. Tried running SFC/SCANNOW It found corrupted files and fixed them, but it didn't fix anything....
  10. old drivers are at it again

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    old drivers are at it again: With the new release of windows the old buggy 2.7 drivers are back that crashes the pc be warned includes latest 1803 version if i update your drivers windows update will replace them with the messed up ones this was a common issue that wa supposed to fixed you can try...