Windows 10: Windows 10X shown running on a smartphone – and it looks pretty cool

Discus and support Windows 10X shown running on a smartphone – and it looks pretty cool in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft’s vision for the future of Windows is to design the operating system for all form factors whereby features can be tailored specifically to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jan 23, 2021.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10X shown running on a smartphone – and it looks pretty cool

Microsoft’s vision for the future of Windows is to design the operating system for all form factors whereby features can be tailored specifically to the device posture the software will be running on.

This project was originally known as Andromeda OS and it was supposed to be focused on mobile devices, such as phones and tablets. The plans changed in 2018 when the idea of a mobile-focused OS with more cross-platform capabilities was shelved by the company, and the decision was made to turn the dual-screen phone into an Android device (Surface Duo).

Some of the work moved to other things and Microsoft started focusing on Windows 10X, which is based on modular Windows Core OS.

We have already seen a video of the near-final build of Windows 10X running on Surface Pro 7. In the latest feat, developers have now successfully ported the operating system to a mobile device – showing how Windows 10X works on a small screen device with a touchscreen.

Developers were able to get Windows 10X up and running on the Lumia 950 XL successfully, thanks to its adaptive user interface.

Windows 10X shown running on a smartphone – and it looks pretty cool Windows-10X-on-phone.jpg

Of course, Windows 10X on mobile still needs a bunch of fixes, but the experiment confirms that Windows Core OS-based software is being able to adapt the user interface depending on the form factor and type of input it is attached to.

Windows 10X shown running on a smartphone – and it looks pretty cool Windows-10X-for-phone.jpg

The ultimate idea is just to have one version of the OS with components which are fully adaptive so that it can run on any device with little modifications.

At any rate, Windows Core OS is obviously a sensible direction for Microsoft to be heading in, and it could finally make the operating system modular.

According to reports, the first incarnation of Windows 10X and Windows Core OS is focused on single-screen devices and Microsoft is planning to add dual-screen support next year. Of course, expecting new smartphones running this OS in 2021 would be wildly optimistic.

The post Windows 10X shown running on a smartphone – and it looks pretty cool appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jan 23, 2021
  2. jochenm79 Win User

Concerns about Windows 10X

These days I read in the press that Windows 10X for low-cost devices (and in educational areas) will be delivered without local Win32 application support. It is rumored that Win32 applications may be running over a cloud service instead, but the authors
    weren´t sure.

I hope very much that also low-cost devices running with Windows 10X will also support Win32 applications - even when a cloud service will be used. So-called "legacy apps" are often used in educational areas, e. g. when you need to use special learning software.
    If Windows 10X do not support that somehow, it will be propably a flop.

I tried W10X on an old PC in the emulator - despite the PC I used is from 2009, Win32 apps were running successfully in the container (sometimes slow - but slow is better than a completely missing support).

ChromeOS, the main competitor of W10X, is running also Android apps (and also Windows apps soon, as I heard). The same should be also possible on low-cost Windows 10X devices with Win32 apps. Otherwise users will wonder where the benefits are and buy a Chromebook
    instead, because they or their children can use all their Android apps and games on it that they know from their smartphone.

If the user cannot use the same applications that they use on their PC (except high-end software, games etc.) there will be no incentive to buy a W10X device.

Win32 applications are also often used in companies. It´s an advantage to know how to use them when you start to work after your graduation. Companies do not need people who knows how to play colorful smartphone games but who don´t know how to use Excel,
    tax programs or image editing software.

I don´t know if the rumors are true - but I hope that Win32 support will be included somehow.

Why should Windows 10X be called "Windows" then?

This post is meant to be constructive.

jochenm79, Jan 23, 2021
  3. Windows 10x

Is there any chance now that Panos panay runs Windows that we could get live tiles on Windows 10x?

siegfriedgreding, Jan 23, 2021
  4. Windows 10X shown running on a smartphone – and it looks pretty cool

[concept] A mercury-cooled computer would be pretty cool.

Still it would look pretty cool and, if done right, could be a museum piece.

FuturDreamz, Jan 23, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10X shown running on a smartphone – and it looks pretty cool

1. Windows 10X shown running on a smartphone – and it looks pretty cool - Similar Threads - 10X shown running

2. Bash on Windows, pretty cool!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bash on Windows, pretty cool!: [IMG] submitted by /u/laurensV6 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/4egajt/bash_on_windows_pretty_cool/
  3. How to make your Windows 10 look cool?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make your Windows 10 look cool?: How do you make your Windows 10 look cool? If anyone has an answer to this question, please reply below. Thanks! Grant https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-your-windows-10-look-cool/499fa4c4-e3b6-48aa-b548-71092d80345b
  4. How to make your Windows 10 look cool?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to make your Windows 10 look cool?: How do you make your Windows 10 look cool? If anyone has an answer to this question, please reply below. Thanks! Grant https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-your-windows-10-look-cool/499fa4c4-e3b6-48aa-b548-71092d80345b
  5. How to make your Windows 10 look cool?

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Windows 10X

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10X: I have a laptop with 4gb of ram and 500gb HDD. It is not foldablei.e it cannot be used as a tablet nor it has a touchscreen. I have heard that Microsoft is working on Windows 10X for single screened devices. Does it mean that my laptop will get itWindows 10X Update? Please...
  7. Windows 10x look on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10x look on Windows 10: Is there any way to get the Windows 10x look on a regular Windows 10 laptop running version 2004? submitted by /u/stadiafan37 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gdkay5/windows_10x_look_on_windows_10/
  8. Microsoft is looking to boost productivity with Windows 10X

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is looking to boost productivity with Windows 10X: Windows 10 has loads of productivity options and it looks like Microsoft is also focusing on productivity with Windows 10X. Based on Windows Core OS, Windows 10X is a new operating system designed for foldable PCs, dual-screen laptops, and soon the traditional laptops....
  9. A closer look at the new Start menu on Windows 10X

in Windows 10 News
    A closer look at the new Start menu on Windows 10X: On October 2, Microsoft announced Windows 10X for dual-screen and folding devices like Surface Neo. According to Microsoft, the OS is based on Windows 10 and it comes with a series of user-interface changes, including a new Start that offers less cluttered experience....
  10. Cooling Fan Excessive running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cooling Fan Excessive running: Hi, after my HP 250 Notebook (running Windows 10) received and instated the latest batch of Windows updates my cpu cooling fan begins to run as soon as I boot up. Are there any reported fan issues with the latest updates? It is really annoying now...…….....