Windows 10: Windows 10X struggles with Win32 apps performance

Discus and support Windows 10X struggles with Win32 apps performance in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 10X is a locked-down and read-only operating system, but it won’t be limited to Microsoft Store apps only. Microsoft has already confirmed that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, May 14, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10X struggles with Win32 apps performance

Windows 10X is a locked-down and read-only operating system, but it won’t be limited to Microsoft Store apps only. Microsoft has already confirmed that Windows 10X is capable of running UWP apps, web apps, and traditional desktop apps (Win32).

Win32, UWP and PWA-based apps run within their own container on Windows 10X to protect the OS from potential malware and performance issues.

A Container is essentially a virtual machine with higher integration, lower latency, access to more resources of the machine, dedicated kernel, drivers, and registry.

Windows 10X struggles with Win32 apps performance Windows-10X-containers.jpg

Unlike a traditional virtual machine, Windows 10’s Container offers greater overall performance and the whole thing shuts down when you close Win32 apps to preserve battery.

Win32 Container adds support for legacy and new Win32 code. Inside the Win32 Container, you’ll be able to run all your apps including the system utilities, web browsers, and even old games.

Windows 10X struggles with Win32 apps performance Win32-apps-container.jpg

While Win32 apps support is one of the most fascinating parts of Windows 10X, it appears that Microsoft has run into new problems, according to sources.

According to sources familiar with the development, Microsoft is struggling with the performance of Win32 apps when virtualized on 10X and compatibility levels are still not great.

The apps which rely on system tray are no longer supported and such apps will have to move elsewhere if Microsoft doesn’t improve the Win32 Container. Likewise, you won’t be able to use apps, add-ins or namespace extensions to modify File Explorer experience.

Win32 apps in the container, which are allowed to have a background presence within the Windows 10X operating system, are unable to send a notification when they’re minimized.

There are many other performance-related issues with desktop apps when they’re virtualized in the Container.

It’s worth noting that not all legacy apps have performed badly when virtualized on 10X, but there are some apps struggling in the container for basic features including screen sharing.

Another limitation will prevent Win32 applications from applying keyboard, mouse and window hooks (customization).

The good news is that Microsoft won’t release a half-baked operating system like Windows RT or Windows 10 Mobile. Microsoft has already delayed Windows 10X into 2021 and Microsoft plans to improve container performance and deliver the promised features for the new modern operating system.

Microsoft’s solution has a long way to go and the company is trying to improve the container so normal users would accept it.

The post Windows 10X struggles with Win32 apps performance appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, May 14, 2020

2. Win32 Container for Windows

Hi,

Are there plans to put the Win32 container (from 10X) onto Windows?

Gavin.Williams, May 14, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Windows 10X Emulator Image (Preview) build 19578 now available

Source: How to Install Windows 10X Dual Screen Emulator in Windows 10

How to Install Windows 10X Dual Screen Emulator in Windows 10

Brink, May 14, 2020
  4. Windows 10X struggles with Win32 apps performance

Win32 Container for Windows

Hi Gavin.Williams

I'm Wilfredo S an Independent Advisor

Within the requested information I could find 2 articles in which your question is described, here I leave you the following links

https://mspoweruser.com/win32-apps-will-run-in-...

https://www.windowslatest.com/2019/11/21/window...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

I hope it helps you

Wilfredo_Soto, May 14, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10X struggles with Win32 apps performance

1. Windows 10X struggles with Win32 apps performance - Similar Threads - 10X struggles Win32

2. struggling with poor performance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    struggling with poor performance: I made a lot of work on the computer for the past month and I know that I notice that from time to time it will runs slower that the previous day. It became harder and harder for me to work since its slow and I cant finish task on the machine. This is a personal computer and...
  3. struggling with poor performance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    struggling with poor performance: I made a lot of work on the computer for the past month and I know that I notice that from time to time it will runs slower that the previous day. It became harder and harder for me to work since its slow and I cant finish task on the machine. This is a personal computer and...
  4. struggling with poor performance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10X leak hints at upcoming Win32 desktop apps support

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10X leak hints at upcoming Win32 desktop apps support: When Windows 10X was first announced in 2019, Microsoft had promised that the OS would be able to run standard Win32 apps, unlike the Windows RT and Windows 10 in S Mode. However, it has been widely reported that the first version of Windows 10X won’t support desktop apps and...
  6. Microsoft prepares Win32 apps streaming support for Windows 10X

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft prepares Win32 apps streaming support for Windows 10X: Microsoft is working on a new model called “Cloud PC” that will offer Windows 10 and productivity apps via a subscription fee. While the Cloud PC is aimed at businesses and enterprises, we have enough reasons to believe that Microsoft will use Cloud PC or similar technology...
  7. Microsoft to finalize Windows 10X without Win32 apps in December

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft to finalize Windows 10X without Win32 apps in December: Way back in October 2019, Microsoft announced Windows 10X, a modular version of Windows 10 aimed at dual-screen, foldable, and new form factors. Microsoft also showed off Windows 10X running on the Surface Neo, which has been delayed until at least 2022 as Microsoft has...
  8. Win32 desktop apps on Windows 10X will have some limitations

in Windows 10 News
    Win32 desktop apps on Windows 10X will have some limitations: Windows 10X supports legacy apps and it has a fascinating way to deal with Win32 apps on all devices. Microsoft says Windows 10X will support most legacy desktop apps and these apps would run within a container, which is intended to protect the OS from potential malware and...
  9. Slow performance, constant struggles

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Slow performance, constant struggles: Hello I've seen people post results from running a performance test. Could someone please tell me how I run that test and possibly help me identify the origin of this problem (if any - assuming there HAS to be). I have very little on my computer and only use it to visit a...
  10. Slow performance, constant struggles

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow performance, constant struggles: Hello I've seen people post results from running a performance test. Could someone please tell me how I run that test and possibly help me identify the origin of this problem (if any - assuming there HAS to be). I have very little on my computer and only use it to visit a...