Windows 10: Windows 10x64 Remote Assistance Home vs Pro

Discus and support Windows 10x64 Remote Assistance Home vs Pro in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all. I run win 10 x 64-bit Home Office, as does my friend. Since the pandemic, I have been unable to go to her house just a few miles away to help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TobyFowler1, Jun 16, 2020.

1. Windows 10x64 Remote Assistance Home vs Pro

Hi all. I run win 10 x 64-bit Home Office, as does my friend. Since the pandemic, I have been unable to go to her house just a few miles away to help with her technical issues, as we are both high risk. I tried supporting her remotely with things like TeamViewer and Go To Meeting, Log Me In. The problem is that she sometimes has spotty internet connections which render the 2rd party apps next to useless. Then I remembered Windows Remote Assist tool, only to find out it now only works on W10Pro. So I bought a W10Pro license direct through the Ms website. Too late I realized it auto upgraded my PC.

tldr: If I am running W10Pro, and want to help a friend, do they also need to be running the Pro version? Or is it only the system that's asking for help that must be running Pro?

I just was forced into early retirement by Covid-19. I only purchased a 365 family pack a couple weeks ago, and just yesterday handed over another C-note to Ms. Now that my income is a flat $1k/month, that's a hard blow. My friend lives alone on disability income. Her pc is her only connection to the outside world. I don't need to tell you all how much more dangerous to be online these days than ever before. So I'm hoping someone will read this, and remember something I don't know about that might solve my conundrum.

Thanks for reading. And for any help, in advance.

:)

TobyFowler1, Jun 16, 2020

2. Remote Assistance

Hi Darlene,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• Are the computers connected to domain?

• Which edition of Windows 10 is installed in your computer?
    Reference: Meanwhile you may follow the suggestions in the below article and check if it helps. With Remote Desktop Connection, you can sit at a PC and connect to another PC in a different location (the remote
    PC).

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows/remote-desktop-connection-faq#1TC=windows-8

Note: You may open the Start menu and click on search bar to access search bar. Except the search bar option, everything will work in Windows 10 as suggested in the above article. You may not access some of
    the computers if they are connected to domain. If you can see the sign-in screen of the remote PC but you can't sign in, you might not have been added to the Remote Desktop Users Group or to any group with administrator rights on the remote
    PC. Ask your system admin to do this for you.

If the computers are connected to domain, you may post your query in Microsoft TechNet forum. We have a dedicated team with advanced tools and permissions to help you with this type of issues. I suggest you to post the same
    query in Microsoft TechNet forum for further assistance with this issue.

Technet forums - Windows 10 IT Pro

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with the issue. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jun 16, 2020
  3. After upgrading to Windows 10 Pro, Remote Desktop is not working

Hi Mayukh,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to run Built In troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Step 1: Please follow the steps below to run Built in Troubleshooter:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search area on the taskbar.
    • Click on View all on the left panel of the Troubleshooting Windows.
    • Select Windows store Apps.
    • Follow the on screen instruction.
    Step 2: After running Troubleshooter follow the below steps.

• Type Remote Desktop in search bar.
    • Select Remote Desktop app and open it.
    • In the bottom you will see a button as Show Options.
    • Click on Show Options, you will see the options to enter your credentials.
    • Enter the credentials and click on Connect.
    • Check if it works.
    Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Jun 16, 2020
  4. Arul_D Win User

Windows 10x64 Remote Assistance Home vs Pro

How to remove "HP Connected Remote" as a sign in account ?

Hi Dave,

Thank you for writing your query in Microsoft Community.

• Is your computer connected to a domain network?
    HP Connected Remote is an app that comes preinstalled on select Windows HP computers. I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it resolves this issue.

• On the Windows 10 Start screen, type hp connected remote.
    • Click HP Connected Remote from the Apps search results.
    • Click Settings, and make sure Enable HP Connected Remote is turned On.

Reply us back with the status of this issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10x64 Remote Assistance Home vs Pro

1. Windows 10x64 Remote Assistance Home vs Pro - Similar Threads - 10x64 Remote Assistance

2. Windows 10 Pro vs Home

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Pro vs Home: Sorry in advance if this is a re-occurring question that happens in this subreddit but I really am getting fed up with people telling me I need to get a windows 10 pro version of a laptop because its better for productivity. While yes, I do understand it might have better...
  3. windows 10 home vs windows 10 pro regarding remote access feature

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 home vs windows 10 pro regarding remote access feature: Recently purchased a Dell desktop and a Dell laptop - both came with windows 10 home installed. Dell representative led us to believe that we could use the remote access feature with the just purchased computers. We can't. That is my first question - what is the REAL...
  4. windows 10 home vs pro

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 home vs pro: I am buying a new computer and have always used Windows home. Found a good price on a Dell, but it has Windows Pro. Any downside or big difference I should now about between the two? I do not need Pro, but that is what comes on the pc. Thanks...
  5. Windows 10 Home vs pro

Windows 10 Home vs pro: Hello, I need advise on win 10 home or pro is better for gamming and multimedia (movies, music) ? 123387
  6. Remotely waking Windows 10 home vs pro

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remotely waking Windows 10 home vs pro: hi, I like to remotely wake up my pc on sleeping mode which is using Windows 10 home. In this case is there a difference between Windows 10 home or pro. After which i will be using remote desktop apps like chrome remote desktop, eamviewer or jumpdesktop Any help is very...
  7. Home vs Pro Permissions

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Home vs Pro Permissions: Hello, I am the administrator on a church PC running Windows 10 HOME. I'm consistently having issues with other users changing settings, downloading and installing software, and otherwise just making my job much more difficult. I'm constantly fixing something that someone...
  8. Windows 10 home vs windows 1o pro remote connection

Windows 10 home vs windows 1o pro remote connection: Does anyone know if you have to have windows pro in order to remote from laptop to networked server or will windows 10 home work efficiently? 24850
  9. Remote Desktop Connection: Win10 Home vs Win10 Pro?

Remote Desktop Connection: Win10 Home vs Win10 Pro?: I have several laptops at home, and am trying to connect to an SSH connection at work for networking. To be fair, I am an idiot and had a techie friend of mine set everything up, however: At home, on the same wireless network on the same router, I have three computers:...
  10. Windows 10 home vs pro

Windows 10 home vs pro: This question has probably already been asked a few times, but do i really need windows 10 pro? I use my computer for gaming and browsing the internet, and looking at some of the features from the professional version, i dont really see the need for any one them....