Windows 10: Windows 11 2022 Update is out

Discus and support Windows 11 2022 Update is out in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft announced just a moment ago that the first feature update for Windows 11, the Windows 11 2022 Update, is rolling out to users from all over... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Sep 20, 2022.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Windows 11 2022 Update is out

Microsoft announced just a moment ago that the first feature update for Windows 11, the Windows 11 2022 Update, is rolling out to users from all over the world.

Windows 11 2022 Update is out windows-11-2022-update-task-manager.png

Panos Panay, EVP, Chief Product Officer, Windows + Devices, highlights some of the new features of the feature update on the official blog. The long buzz-word filled blog post is difficult to read, but here is a quick summary in case you are wondering what is new and improved in the Windows 11 2022 Update.

Improvements to the Windows 11 Start Menu, "faster and more accurate search", Quick Settings improvements, and improved Widgets are mentioned specifically. Tabs are coming to File Explorer, but the roll out starts in October with the first Moments update for the operating system.

Additionally, there is system-wide support for live captions (US-EN only), a voice access preview (also US-EN only), and natural voices for Narrator (you guessed it, also US-EN only).

Smart App control gets a mention by Panay, but it is a feature that most Windows 11 users won't be able to experience as it is limited to off-the-shelf devices and Windows 11 devices that are reset.

Microsoft 365 customers will gain access to identify theft monitoring, if they live in the United States, and all subscribers will gain access to Microsoft Defender for individuals, which "extends Windows’ built-in security and expands device protection to your Android and iOS phones and Macs".

Additional features include improvements to the Snap Layouts feature, Focus improvements, and performance and battery optimizations.

Other features that Microsoft highlights are Windows Studio Effects, designed to "improve video and audio calls", new "creator tools" and "additional gaming features and updates to the Microsoft Store experience". Windows Studio Effects is designed to improve the sound and visual quality during conference calls.

New Windows Studio camera and audio effects help you look and sound your best on conference calls, enabled by advanced AI – with Voice Focus to filter out background noise and make sure you are heard, Background Blur so only you are seen, Eye Contact to help you make a better connection with people you’re talking to and Automatic Framing so the camera stays with you as you move.

Microsoft mentions Clipchamp, the video editor specifically as one of the new creator tools. Gamers may benefit from the new Variable Refresh Rate feature, which is now system-wide, and improved windowed gaming.

Panay confirms Microsoft's plan to deliver features more frequently using built-in updating capabilities. The first feature drop is scheduled for October, and it will bring tabs to File Explorer and the following confirmed features:

• An updated Photos app "that brings a gorgeous gallery, simplifying browsing, finding, management and consumption of your collection of photos". It will also support backups to OneDrive according to Microsoft.
    • Suggested Actions on copy to make calls or add events to calendars.
    • Taskbar overflow to display all app icons for which there is no place on the taskbar.
    • Share to more devices.

Verdict

The first feature update for Windows 11 brings improvements across the board; most users will like the majority of these improvements. While these won't convince pre-Windows 11 users to upgrade in huge numbers, it is not making things worse either.

Now You: what is your take on the Windows 11 2022 Update?

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Windows 11 2022 Update is out appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Sep 20, 2022
  2. Pauli O Win User

Cumulative updates for Windows 10 and Windows 11 - January 2022

>"I also got this installed: 2022-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems (KB5008353) successfully 1/14/2022. The problem is that I can not see anything or even find that KB5008353! Learn more show Sorry, page not found."

This update is released only for Insiders in Release Preview and Beta channels.

These previews aren't listed in update history and there is no "Learn more" info available.

Release announcements of Insider previews are listed in Insider blog. Home | Windows Insider Blog

Releasing Windows 11 Build 22000.466 to Beta and Release Preview Channels | Windows Insider Blog

Pauli O, Sep 20, 2022
  3. Install error - 0x800f0831 on windows 11 2022-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems (KB5012592)

I cannot install 2022-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems (KB5012592). The installation did not complete and now my computer is unstable. I have tried troubleshooting and all the steps listed in the previous post. Any changes to Windows 11 do not complete. My computer reboots several times a day and locks up at least 2 times per day.

Heather

HeatherMcCain, Sep 20, 2022
  4. Windows 11 2022 Update is out

Cumulative updates for Windows 10 and Windows 11 - January 2022

Hello FNG_809,

I am Jaspreet Singh an independent advisor.

It is not uncommon for the learn more links to be broken.

KB5008353 was a bug fix update released a few days earlier and the fixes can be checked here : https://blogs.windows.com/windows-insider/2022/...

Is the update missing from the installed updates list?

Jaspreet Singh_050, Sep 20, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 2022 Update is out

1. Windows 11 2022 Update is out - Similar Threads - 2022 Update

2. Corrupted files after almost every Win 11 Update or VS Studio 2022 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupted files after almost every Win 11 Update or VS Studio 2022 update: After almost every update of Windows 11 or Visual Studio 2022 Community there are corrupted files on my C: Drive SSD.All updates work fine and install without errors. Only when doing Chkdsk before no errors and after 3-5 errors. A repair with chkdsk /f works most of the time....
  3. Corrupted files after almost every Win 11 Update or VS Studio 2022 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Corrupted files after almost every Win 11 Update or VS Studio 2022 update: After almost every update of Windows 11 or Visual Studio 2022 Community there are corrupted files on my C: Drive SSD.All updates work fine and install without errors. Only when doing Chkdsk before no errors and after 3-5 errors. A repair with chkdsk /f works most of the time....
  4. I cannot get Visual Studio 2022 to Update on most of my Workstations

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I cannot get Visual Studio 2022 to Update on most of my Workstations: I have a number of VS installations split between Professional and just Team Explorer depending on workstation role. I've successfully kept them updated through the Visual Studio Installer for a little while and recently reconfigured our environment to allow users to update...
  5. I cannot get Visual Studio 2022 to Update on most of my Workstations

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot get Visual Studio 2022 to Update on most of my Workstations: I have a number of VS installations split between Professional and just Team Explorer depending on workstation role. I've successfully kept them updated through the Visual Studio Installer for a little while and recently reconfigured our environment to allow users to update...
  6. I cannot get Visual Studio 2022 to Update on most of my Workstations

7. Why doesn't VS 2017,2019 and 2022 update properties dialog for controls Winforms?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why doesn't VS 2017,2019 and 2022 update properties dialog for controls Winforms?: Been working on a project and suddenly not able to access properties for controls, either usercontrol or basic/standard controls.When I first load the form from code shift F7, rather than the toolstrip showing up, it shows the code that I was just looking at.Then after...
  8. Why doesn't VS 2017,2019 and 2022 update properties dialog for controls Winforms?

Why doesn't VS 2017,2019 and 2022 update properties dialog for controls Winforms?: Been working on a project and suddenly not able to access properties for controls, either usercontrol or basic/standard controls.When I first load the form from code shift F7, rather than the toolstrip showing up, it shows the code that I was just looking at.Then after...
  9. Microsoft is investigating Windows Update breaking apps on Windows Server 2022

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is investigating Windows Update breaking apps on Windows Server 2022: In a statement, Microsoft officials told me the company is aware of an issue that causes apps to crash or appear white/blank on Windows Server 2022 after KB5034129. As we reported earlier, this bug in Windows’ January 2024 update has broken Microsoft Edge, Chrome, Firefox,...
  10. Windows update error 0x800f0982 when installing KB5031364 on Windows Server 2022.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update error 0x800f0982 when installing KB5031364 on Windows Server 2022.: Hi,When installing the KB5031364 update on Windows Server 2022, I have error 0x800f0982. I have three 2022 servers one physical and two identical virtual ones. This update was installed without any problems on one virtual computer, but on the others there is a problem. The...