Windows 10: Windows 11-22H2 - Can't pin folders to Quick Access

Discus and support Windows 11-22H2 - Can't pin folders to Quick Access in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi all,When trying to pin a folder to quick access, I get the error message "A disk error occurred during a read operation" I also don't have the quick... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Tomer Shenkar, Sep 21, 2022.

1. Windows 11-22H2 - Can't pin folders to Quick Access

Hi all,When trying to pin a folder to quick access, I get the error message "A disk error occurred during a read operation" I also don't have the quick access icon on the left-hand-side of my file explorer.Any help is welcome!

:)

Tomer Shenkar, Sep 21, 2022

2. Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Sep 21, 2022
  3. Documents folder disappearing from quick access menu in Windows 10

Hello Rachel,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

Along with the suggestion by KeithM-60601, I suggest you to try the below steps and let us know the status of the issue.

• Press Windows + E keys on the keyboard to open
      File explorer and select This PC from the left side panel of the window.

• Open the file/folder you want to pin to Quick access.

• Right click on Quick access located on the left side panel of the window.

• Check if the file/folder is pinned to Quick access.

Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Sep 21, 2022
  4. Windows 11-22H2 - Can't pin folders to Quick Access

Quick Access - "Location is not available"

I solved the problem without following steps 1, 2, and 3. The solution is stupidly simple and it doesn't make any difference as to whether the problem item in the Quick Access list is pinned or unpinned.

1. Create the folder in the same path where Quick Access reported it to be unlocatable. The folder will be empty.

2. Delete the folder you just created. The Quick Access item that WAS listed in Quick Access disappears!!

Note that #2 does not remove or delete the item from Quick Access. It deletes the empty folder you just created *from the machine* (i.e., it goes to the Recycle bin) and as a consequence of the deletion, it disappears from the Quick Access list.

KarenMullen, Sep 21, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11-22H2 - Can't pin folders to Quick Access

1. Windows 11-22H2 - Can't pin folders to Quick Access - Similar Threads - 22H2 Can't pin

2. Can't pin anything to Quick Access Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't pin anything to Quick Access Windows 11: The Quick Access menu was working perfectly since I bought the computer 18 months ago, but after the last Windows 11 update November 2023 it disappeared, and I can't pin anything to it. The option is there in the context menu, but when I click on it, nothing happens. The...
  3. Can't pin anything to Quick Access Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't pin anything to Quick Access Windows 11: The Quick Access menu was working perfectly since I bought the computer 18 months ago, but after the last Windows 11 update November 2023 it disappeared, and I can't pin anything to it. The option is there in the context menu, but when I click on it, nothing happens. The...
  4. Windows 11 Quick Access folders gone and Pin to Quick Access not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Quick Access folders gone and Pin to Quick Access not working.: After updating on Windows 11 Enterprise my folders in my home tab are gone. There are still recent and favorite files but mt quick access folders are gone. Also on the left side where my quick access folders usually are under "home" they are gone and pinning new folders to...
  5. Windows 11 Quick Access folders gone and Pin to Quick Access not working.

Windows 11 Quick Access folders gone and Pin to Quick Access not working.: After updating on Windows 11 Enterprise my folders in my home tab are gone. There are still recent and favorite files but mt quick access folders are gone. Also on the left side where my quick access folders usually are under "home" they are gone and pinning new folders to...
  6. Windows 11 22H2 Can't pin folders to quick access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 22H2 Can't pin folders to quick access: I just unsynced one drive and uninstalled it from my computer and that has kind of messed with my file structure. I am trying to pin my system's Documents folder to quick access so that I don't have to go through C -> Users -> <userName> -> Documents every time I want to look...
  7. Windows 11 22H2 Can't pin folders to quick access

Windows 11 22H2 Can't pin folders to quick access: I just unsynced one drive and uninstalled it from my computer and that has kind of messed with my file structure. I am trying to pin my system's Documents folder to quick access so that I don't have to go through C -> Users -> <userName> -> Documents every time I want to look...
  8. Can't pin documents folder to quick access?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't pin documents folder to quick access?: I am running windows 11 home. I can pin other folders to quick access but NOT documents.Any idea what is causing this? Please help if possible.Thanks in advance...
  9. Can't pin documents folder to quick access?

Can't pin documents folder to quick access?: I am running windows 11 home. I can pin other folders to quick access but NOT documents.Any idea what is causing this? Please help if possible.Thanks in advance...
  10. Windows 11-22H2 - Can't pin folders to Quick Access

Windows 11-22H2 - Can't pin folders to Quick Access: Hi all,When trying to pin a folder to quick access, I get the error message "A disk error occurred during a read operation" I also don't have the quick access icon on the left-hand-side of my file explorer.Any help is welcome!...