Windows 10: Windows 11 22H2 desktop icons

Discus and support Windows 11 22H2 desktop icons in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After upgrading to 22H2, my desktop no longer retains the icon setup I had. Now, every time I turn on my computer, my desktop icons are scattered... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Devon Morancie, Oct 4, 2022.

1. Windows 11 22H2 desktop icons

After upgrading to 22H2, my desktop no longer retains the icon setup I had. Now, every time I turn on my computer, my desktop icons are scattered randomly. This is quite annoying.

:)

Devon Morancie, Oct 4, 2022

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Oct 4, 2022
  3. Windows vista x64 computer icon always changing

what icons are you referring to?
    In the Windows Explorer list or desktop?

twicksisted, Oct 4, 2022
  4. ERDO78 Win User

Windows 11 22H2 desktop icons

HOME ICON APPEARS ON DESKTOP IN WIN 11 22H2 VERSION

Hello,

I've recently upgraded my desktop system to Win 11 version 22H2 with a fresh install. I've copied a folder on the desktop from another internal HDD. After sometime I deleted the folder. However an icon named as "Home" appeared suddenly on the desktop. It is not a shortcut, and opens the quick access files when left clicked. There is no option to delete it in the right click options. It does not exist in the desktop icon settings of the themes, so it is impossible to check or uncheck its box in order to display or remove. It dissappears when I refresh the desktop page, or when I check or uncheck any of the boxes of other desktop icons which is quite strange. I searched the web and found some similar complaints of others, but found no solution. Could you please inform about whether this is a bug or something else, and suggest a solution if there is. By the way I have not encountered such a problem in the previous versions of Win11 and Win 10.

Best Regards,

ERDO78, Oct 4, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 22H2 desktop icons

1. Windows 11 22H2 desktop icons - Similar Threads - 22H2 desktop icons

2. Windows 11 Pro 22H2 desktop shows only 2 icons at a time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro 22H2 desktop shows only 2 icons at a time: In the title, I wrote "at a time" because if I refresh desktop pressing F5 one of the only two icons is replaced by one another. It seems refreshing "shifts" the display icons with the ones that come immediately after.I tried these...
  3. Windows 11 Pro 22H2 desktop shows only 2 icons at a time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Pro 22H2 desktop shows only 2 icons at a time: In the title, I wrote "at a time" because if I refresh desktop pressing F5 one of the only two icons is replaced by one another. It seems refreshing "shifts" the display icons with the ones that come immediately after.I tried these...
  4. Windows 11 Desktop Icon

Windows 11 Desktop Icon: Does anyone know that the Icon is upside down? human shape icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-desktop-icon/6ffac2d1-7d52-46a4-b81d-a5a311435b2b
  5. Windows 11 22H2 desktop icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 22H2 desktop icons: After upgrading to 22H2, my desktop no longer retains the icon setup I had. Now, every time I turn on my computer, my desktop icons are scattered randomly. This is quite annoying....
  6. HOME ICON APPEARS ON DESKTOP IN WIN 11 22H2 VERSION

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HOME ICON APPEARS ON DESKTOP IN WIN 11 22H2 VERSION: Hello, I've recently upgraded my desktop system to Win 11 version 22H2 with a fresh install. I've copied a folder on the desktop from another internal HDD. After sometime I deleted the folder. However an icon named as "Home" appeared suddenly on the desktop. It is not a...
  7. HOME ICON APPEARS ON DESKTOP IN WIN 11 22H2 VERSION

HOME ICON APPEARS ON DESKTOP IN WIN 11 22H2 VERSION: Hello, I've recently upgraded my desktop system to Win 11 version 22H2 with a fresh install. I've copied a folder on the desktop from another internal HDD. After sometime I deleted the folder. However an icon named as "Home" appeared suddenly on the desktop. It is not a...
  8. Windows 11 and Desktop Icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 and Desktop Icons: In versions prior to Windows 10, I could add "Desktop Icons" after right-clicking the task bar and selecting it. I don't like my screen cluttered with icons so I turn them off in the View options. Is it not possible to have the list of desktop icons pop up from the task bar...
  9. Windows 11 and Desktop Icons

Windows 11 and Desktop Icons: In versions prior to Windows 10, I could add "Desktop Icons" after right-clicking the task bar and selecting it. I don't like my screen cluttered with icons so I turn them off in the View options. Is it not possible to have the list of desktop icons pop up from the task bar...
  10. windows 11 - desktop icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 - desktop icons: happy to install windows 11i find that the old desktop icons such as this PC, CHROME, EDGE ETC ARE NOT REMOVED AND THE NEW ONES GOT SUPERIMPOSED ,, ALSO THE NEW ICONS ADDED GET SUPERIMPOSED ON OTHERS NOT ALLOWING NEW COLUMN ADDITION ON THE DESKTOPANY SOLUTION?...