Windows 10: Windows 11 22H2: KB5020044 update shows File Explorer's menu bar when changing apps' Color mode

Discus and support Windows 11 22H2: KB5020044 update shows File Explorer's menu bar when changing apps' Color mode in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; After updating my PC to Windows 11 Pro OS build 22621.900 with KB5020044, I find that it sometimes shows File Explorer's menu bar unexpectedly.I found... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by HaVX, Dec 6, 2022.

1. HaVX Win User

Windows 11 22H2: KB5020044 update shows File Explorer's menu bar when changing apps' Color mode

After updating my PC to Windows 11 Pro OS build 22621.900 with KB5020044, I find that it sometimes shows File Explorer's menu bar unexpectedly.I found a way to reproduce this issue:1 Open File Explorer without the menu bar.2 Go to Personalization > Colors > Choose your mode > Choose your default app mode, and change this mode: Light -> Dark or Dark -> Light.3 Go back to File Explorer, minimize the window and then maximize it.A menu bar will be shown as illustrated in the following screenshots:I tried to change the key "AlwaysShowMenus" at [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Micr

:)

HaVX, Dec 6, 2022

2. KB5020044 changes task manager color mode source (windows 11 Pro 22h2 22621.900)

Hello all,

Microsoft has acknowledged it.

Windows 11, version 22H2 known issues and notifications | Microsoft Learn

After installing KB5020044, Task Manager might display certain elements in the user interface (UI) in unexpected colors. On affected devices, Task Manager should function as expected but some parts of the UI might not be readable. You might be affected by this issue if you have "Choose your mode" set to "Custom", in the Personalization -> colors section of Settings. If you are using Dark or Light for the "Choose your mode" setting, you should not be affected by this issue.

Workaround: To mitigate this issue, you can set the "Choose your mode" setting to either Dark or Light until this issue is resolved. To do this, right click or long press on the desktop, select "Personalize", select "Colors", and then select either "Dark" or "Light" for "Choose your mode".

[FIX] Unreadable Text in the Task Manager in Windows 11 22H2 - Your Windows Guide

Sumit (Volunteer Moderator), Dec 6, 2022
  3. Cybot Win User
    KB5020044 changes task manager color mode source (windows 11 Pro 22h2 22621.900)

Ever since MS introduced 'Dark' and 'Light' mode into windows, I have been using a custom color mode. I have the default windows mode set to 'Dark' and the Default app mode set to Light. This works well for me and emulates how it looked before all this light mode/dark mode business. until today that is. KB5020044 installed and suddenly task manager is taking its color mode from the windows color mode, not the app color mode. This makes most of the text of the task manager on the performance tab unreadable because it is black text on a black background. if i move the app color mode to dark mode, the black text in task manager turns white. I absolutely refuse to use dark mode; I hate how it looks. if i turn the windows mode to 'light mode' the text is still unreadable in task manager because it is now light gray text on a white background. unless MS has changed something unannounced, this should be fixed sooner, rather than later.

Cybot, Dec 6, 2022
  4. Windows 11 22H2: KB5020044 update shows File Explorer's menu bar when changing apps' Color mode

justinmreina, Dec 6, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 22H2: KB5020044 update shows File Explorer's menu bar when changing apps' Color mode

1. Windows 11 22H2: KB5020044 update shows File Explorer's menu bar when changing apps' Color mode - Similar Threads - 22H2 KB5020044 update

2. Windows 11 Explorer menu bar shows when disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Explorer menu bar shows when disabled: Build 25314.1010, Canary insiders channel.This menu bar is really ugly in dark theme. It's not there most of the time, and as far as I can tell, it's disabled. However, let's say I have an explorer window open, and I lock my PC. When I unlock it, and fullscreen/unfullscreen...
  3. Windows 11 Explorer menu bar shows when disabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Explorer menu bar shows when disabled: Build 25314.1010, Canary insiders channel.This menu bar is really ugly in dark theme. It's not there most of the time, and as far as I can tell, it's disabled. However, let's say I have an explorer window open, and I lock my PC. When I unlock it, and fullscreen/unfullscreen...
  4. Windows 11 22H2: KB5020044 update shows File Explorer's menu bar when changing apps' Color mode

Windows 11 22H2: KB5020044 update shows File Explorer's menu bar when changing apps' Color mode: After updating my PC to Windows 11 Pro OS build 22621.900 with KB5020044, I find that it sometimes shows File Explorer's menu bar unexpectedly.I found a way to reproduce this issue:1 Open File Explorer without the menu bar.2 Go to Personalization > Colors > Choose your mode >...
  5. KB5020044 changes task manager color mode source windows 11 Pro 22h2 22621.900

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB5020044 changes task manager color mode source windows 11 Pro 22h2 22621.900: Ever since MS introduced 'Dark' and 'Light' mode into windows, I have been using a custom color mode. I have the default windows mode set to 'Dark' and the Default app mode set to Light. This works well for me and emulates how it looked before all this light mode/dark mode...
  6. KB5020044 changes task manager color mode source windows 11 Pro 22h2 22621.900

KB5020044 changes task manager color mode source windows 11 Pro 22h2 22621.900: Ever since MS introduced 'Dark' and 'Light' mode into windows, I have been using a custom color mode. I have the default windows mode set to 'Dark' and the Default app mode set to Light. This works well for me and emulates how it looked before all this light mode/dark mode...
  7. Is it possible to change the color of the menu bar (File, Edit, etc.)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to change the color of the menu bar (File, Edit, etc.): [ATTACH] I've been trying to find a way to change the color of the menu bar for applications (the bar that offers the File, Edit, Help, etc. options): https://preview.redd.it/xth0qjpqg1491.png?width=1229&format=png&auto=webp&s=776cb4f1d326e343b7ed51aea6db992ba72f8ead But...
  8. sites in app mode - how to change the title bar color?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    sites in app mode - how to change the title bar color?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/_kjb [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h84og5/sites_in_app_mode_how_to_change_the_title_bar/
  9. How to change the color of the Tab Bar, when in Private mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change the color of the Tab Bar, when in Private mode: Good day, Microsoft made me wait twice for over 15 minutes, to no avail, to get someone on line for help ! So, the Community seems to be the only way to get some assistance... I am on W10, 64-bits. I access my Hotmail account using Chrome. My Tab bar is blue. So was the Tab...
  10. Windows Explorer A bar color has changed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Explorer A bar color has changed: So, I watched this video: I wanted to install Nocturnal theme so I downloaded it. I pressed one of the files and now that bar looks like this: Any help on how to fix it? I hate it I run Windows 10 64 bit. [ATTACH]...