Windows 10: Windows 11 22H2 Start and Task bar Search Box turned white in custom color mode after last...

Discus and support Windows 11 22H2 Start and Task bar Search Box turned white in custom color mode after last... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Around February, after an update, the taskbar search box became white in personal color mode Win - Dark, App - Light. After July 11, 2023—KB5028185 OS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by oldm4n777, Aug 8, 2023.

1. oldm4n777 Win User

Windows 11 22H2 Start and Task bar Search Box turned white in custom color mode after last...

Around February, after an update, the taskbar search box became white in personal color mode Win - Dark, App - Light. After July 11, 2023—KB5028185 OS Build 22621.1992 update, the start menu search bar turned white in personal mode as well. Is it possible to fix it somehow?

:)

oldm4n777, Aug 8, 2023
  2. chuanwang Win User

background of search box turns white

the background of search box in the task bar turns white all of the sudden, and it used to be grey.

how to change the color ?

thanks

chuanwang, Aug 8, 2023
  3. Changing the taskbar color to white in Windows 10

Hi Michael,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

In Windows 10 there is no option for changing the color to white but you can change it to different colors. To change the color of the task bar I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• In the search box, type settings.
    • Then select personalization.
    • Click on color option on the left side.
    • You will find an option called “show color on start, taskbar and start icon”.
    • You need to on the option and then you can change the color accordingly.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Aug 8, 2023
  4. Steve C Win User

Windows 11 22H2 Start and Task bar Search Box turned white in custom color mode after last...

Steve C, Aug 8, 2023
Thema:

1. Windows 11 22H2 Start and Task bar Search Box turned white in custom color mode after last... - Similar Threads - 22H2 Start Task

2. Windows 11 22H2 Start and Task bar Search Box turned white in custom color mode after last...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 22H2 Start and Task bar Search Box turned white in custom color mode after last...: Around February, after an update, the taskbar search box became white in personal color mode Win - Dark, App - Light. After July 11, 2023—KB5028185 OS Build 22621.1992 update, the start menu search bar turned white in personal mode as well. Is it possible to fix it somehow?...
  3. Windows 11 22H2 Start Bar frozen and search bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 22H2 Start Bar frozen and search bar: Since updating to the Windows 11 22h2 Nov release 22621.819 the startbar and search bar stopped working as soon as we imaged a device. December update fixed this issue for a little bit but the Jan, Feb and most recently March update 22621.1413 as seen this reoccur. We have...
  4. Text color turned white in Search Box

in Cortana
    Text color turned white in Search Box: HelloRecently I enabled High Contrast for a bit just to explore, and when I turned it back off I saw that whatever text I typed in Windows Search was white and was not visible. It wasn't like that previously. Everywhere else the texts looks normal but in search it is white...
  5. search bar on task bar turning white randomly for no reason

in Windows 10 Customization
    search bar on task bar turning white randomly for no reason: so recently after the new windows up date my search bar has been turning white for no reason, except for the litters, it creates this box that still has this darkness inside of it because i have dark mode turned on and its extremely annoying for me, does anyone have this...
  6. Windows Search Box Text Surround Turns White in Dark Mode

Windows Search Box Text Surround Turns White in Dark Mode: I'm having a maddening issue with the Search box on the latest Windows update version 21H1 on only one of my PCs. The Search box seemingly randomly turns white with the text in black as shown below:I have three PCs with this update and each of them has an nVidia graphics...
  7. search in start menu and "search box" on task bar not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    search in start menu and "search box" on task bar not working: Hello, no idea why but typing in my start menu and search box suddenly doesn't work. Oddly after playing around with powershell and some tips online (see below) I have gone from nothing appearing in the search box when I type to only the first character of whatever I type...
  8. search box on task bar

search box on task bar: i have no search box on my taskbar and no "show hidden taskbar button" when i right click on the taskbar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-box-on-task-bar/25f599a6-b4b1-4f2c-b981-a63516008d53
  9. White box in task bar

White box in task bar: Hi, I've this problem since a while so I don't remember what caused it. When I click on the speaker/battery/date/time icons a white box appears around the first 'clickable' icon, as if I pressed tab (see screenshots). This only occurs on the right part of the task bar (for...
  10. Cortana search box changed to white color

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana search box changed to white color: Yesterday my Cortana search box changed to white from dark color. I didn't change any settings and had no updates. I saw in the Microsoft Community that a this happened to a few people as well. I did try using the downloadable .bat files in the tutorial section of this...