Windows 10: Windows 11 22H2 update destroyed my Windows 10 partition

Discus and support Windows 11 22H2 update destroyed my Windows 10 partition in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 default, and Windows 11 installed on my PC. I have 2 partitions on my SSD, and Windows 10 is on the 1st partition as the default OS,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Morrolan, Dec 5, 2022.

1. Morrolan Win User

Windows 11 22H2 update destroyed my Windows 10 partition

I have Windows 10 default, and Windows 11 installed on my PC. I have 2 partitions on my SSD, and Windows 10 is on the 1st partition as the default OS, and Windows 11 is on the 2nd partition.While Windows 11 booted, I initiated the Windows 11 22H2 update, and after it completed, I rebooted my computer and was greeted with a BSOD, and then rebooted again and gave me a message indicating it was undoing the changes. After this it rebooted but then said it could not repair my PC. I picked the option to boot another OS I picked Windows 11 and it continued to boot into Windows 11 21H2. I did not

:)

Morrolan, Dec 5, 2022
  2. Scrizz Win User

Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Dec 5, 2022
  3. itsme1 Win User
    How to get the Windows 10 2022 Update version 22H2 Win Update

If you can't install it from windows update you can try to install it manually, it's the same KB5015684 obtained with windows update.

Windows 10 Version 22H2 is coming in October 2022 ---> KB5015684 Provides Quick Windows 10 22H2 Upgrade - Ed Tittel On the Ed Tittel page click on the links DeskModder.de or .MSU x64 version of the upgrade.

KB5015684 Funktionsupdate auf die Windows 10 22H2 (19045) [Manueller Download] - Deskmodder.de

Do dism and sfc /scannow commands before and/or after installing it.

itsme1, Dec 5, 2022
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 5, 2022
Thema:

1. Windows 11 22H2 update destroyed my Windows 10 partition - Similar Threads - 22H2 update destroyed

2. windows 11 destroyed my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 destroyed my laptop: Here we go again.Hello I am currently having a problem with my display on my laptop, there is a white light/ smear of white light at the edge of my display, I don't know what it is or what caused it. I down know if it will get worse or not.it looks like its getting worst...It...
  3. Windows 11 Destroyed My Computer

Windows 11 Destroyed My Computer: Computer fan runs continuously with no programs open. Zoom lags so badly it’s completely unusable and my entire livelihood revolves around zoom. I can’t downgrade because they put a stupid 10-day limit on reverting for some asinine reason. Microsoft, y’all truly hate your...
  4. Windows 11 Destroyed my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Destroyed my computer: Hello,I'm absolutely baffled by what Microsoft has done. I woke up this morning to an update in progress restarting my computer. I left came back and it hadn't finished so I left it. When I got back later in the day the computer was at my log in screen and looked normal but...
  5. Windows 11 Destroyed my computer

Windows 11 Destroyed my computer: Hello,I'm absolutely baffled by what Microsoft has done. I woke up this morning to an update in progress restarting my computer. I left came back and it hadn't finished so I left it. When I got back later in the day the computer was at my log in screen and looked normal but...
  6. Windows 10 update destroyed my keyboard

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update destroyed my keyboard: My laptop forced a windows 10 update in December 2019 after I had finished using it one day with no issues at all. The next day when I loaded it up certain keys on the keyboard did not work, although the touch pad and the vast majority of keys worked and still work to this...
  7. Windows 10 update destroyed my laptop

Windows 10 update destroyed my laptop: For the past year I have been repairing my Toshiba laptop after Windows 10 updates crashed it. After two visits to a technician I decided to contact Microsoft. I spent hours talking to someone on the phone. My daughter created 2 USB Windows ISO files for me (64 & 32). I then...
  8. Windows 10 Update Destroyed My Computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Update Destroyed My Computer: After not updating for a long time- continuously turning off automatic updates, etc- my computer woke itself up from sleep mode and forced an update out of the blue. After this update, my computer can't stay on for more than 5 minutes without getting the blue screen saying...
  9. Windows 10 update: Destroyed my PC

Windows 10 update: Destroyed my PC: I updated Windows 10 on my PC today. I tried to postpone this update but the system messages persuaded me... And after that my PC have been unavailable... It needs 10 minutes to boot and after logging in I receive a message: C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop...
  10. Windows 10 Updates Destroyed My Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Updates Destroyed My Desktop: I'm not sure this is the right forum. Microsoft has the worst customer feedback site. Here goes....Recently, I purchased a Dell Laptop with Windows 10 on it. I should I have waited and found another brand with Windows 8 still on it. Last week, as I was out of the room,...