Windows 10: Windows 11 22h2 update error

Discus and support Windows 11 22h2 update error in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,I've long been trying to upgrade my Windows 11 to 22H2 version. I've tried many times via Windows Update and Windows 11 Installation Assistant , but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Bugra_B, Jun 3, 2023.

1. Bugra_B Win User

Windows 11 22h2 update error

Hi,I've long been trying to upgrade my Windows 11 to 22H2 version. I've tried many times via Windows Update and Windows 11 Installation Assistant , but all of them ended up with "Undoing changes made to your computer" error. I've also tried Windows Update Troubleshooter and all of the generic answers found on the internet: sfc scannow etc. None of them worked for me. Finally, I tried to update via mounting ISO file today, which again did not complete and gave the following errors: 0x80070002 - 0x20007 please see attached image. When I searched over this website thoroughly, I found out that t

:)

Bugra_B, Jun 3, 2023
  2. itsme1 Win User

How to get the Windows 10 2022 Update version 22H2  

If you can't install it from windows update you can try to install it manually, it's the same KB5015684 obtained with windows update.

Windows 10 Version 22H2 is coming in October 2022 ---> KB5015684 Provides Quick Windows 10 22H2 Upgrade - Ed Tittel On the Ed Tittel page click on the links DeskModder.de or .MSU x64 version of the upgrade.

KB5015684 Funktionsupdate auf die Windows 10 22H2 (19045) [Manueller Download] - Deskmodder.de

Do dism and sfc /scannow commands before and/or after installing it.

itsme1, Jun 3, 2023
  3. Windows 11 22h2 Update Error

Error 0x80070002 is a common Windows update error that can occur due to various reasons such as corrupt system files, incorrect Windows update settings, or network connectivity issues. Here are some steps you can try to resolve the issue:

1. Run the Windows Update Troubleshooter: The Windows Update Troubleshooter can automatically detect and fix common update-related issues. To run it, go to Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot > Additional troubleshooters > Windows Update.
    2. Reset the Windows Update components: Sometimes, resetting the Windows Update components can resolve update-related issues. You can do this by running some commands in the Command Prompt as an administrator.
      1. Here are the steps:

a. Press the Windows key + X and select "Command Prompt (Admin)".

b. Type the following commands one by one, pressing Enter after each command:

net stop wuauserv

net stop cryptSvc

net stop bits

net stop msiserver

ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old

ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 catroot2.old

net start wuauserv

net start cryptSvc

net start bits

net start msiserver
    3. Check for pending updates: Sometimes, a pending update can prevent new updates from installing. To check for pending updates, go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and click "Check for updates".
    4. Manually download and install the update: If none of the above steps work, you can try manually downloading and installing the Windows 11 version 22h2 update. You can download the update from the Microsoft website and then install it manually by following the on-screen instructions.

DarkerFirestar, Jun 3, 2023
  4. Windows 11 22h2 update error

Cannot update Windows 11 to build 22h2

Need more help than support web site offers. I would like to update a Windows Pro 21h2 to 22h2.

I've tried every suggestion at Troubleshoot problems updating Windows - Microsoft Support short of "Perfrom a clean installation of Windows 11." That list is comprehensive and includes everything I would have thought of on my own and then some. None of the troubleshooting suggestions solved the problem. The system in question is a Lenovo ThinkCentre M90n desktop running Windows 11 Pro Version 21H2.

In addition to all the steps at the above link, I've also tried installing by using Windows 11 Installation Assistant. Installation Assistant downloads and goes through the long installation process. But then very shortly after the reboot starts, it says, "Undoing changes" and boots back into the old build.

jaygourley, Jun 3, 2023
Thema:

Windows 11 22h2 update error

1. Windows 11 22h2 update error - Similar Threads - 22h2 update error

2. Windows 11 22H2 update error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 22H2 update error: Hello everyone, I'm having an issue with the 22H2 update, which is always failing at the final stages and displaying the BSOD with a hardlock.sys error and reverts back to the older version.I updated all my drivers and unplugged any connected external hardware and tried to...
  3. Windows 11 22H2 update error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 22H2 update error: Hello everyone, I'm having an issue with the 22H2 update, which is always failing at the final stages and displaying the BSOD with a hardlock.sys error and reverts back to the older version.I updated all my drivers and unplugged any connected external hardware and tried to...
  4. Windows 11 22h2 update error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 22h2 update error: Hi,I've long been trying to upgrade my Windows 11 to 22H2 version. I've tried many times via Windows Update and Windows 11 Installation Assistant , but all of them ended up with "Undoing changes made to your computer" error. I've also tried Windows Update Troubleshooter and...
  5. Windows 11 22H2 0x80248007 Update error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 22H2 0x80248007 Update error: Hello, I am having errors when trying to run Windows Update. Here are some steps I've tried already. 1. Restart Windows Update Service, Cryptographic Service2. Cleaned Windows Update Cache3. Ran SFC and DISM scan: No Errors or Corruption4. Checked Windows Update,...
  6. Windows 11 22h2 Update Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 22h2 Update Error: Hello, I am writing to ask for help as I have tried to update my laptop Vostro 3400 to Windows 11 version 22h2 but failed many times. I have been trying for months yet it always fails and gives me errors.I tried updating today and it showed me the error 0x80070002. I have...
  7. Windows 11 22h2 Update Error

Windows 11 22h2 Update Error: Hello, I am writing to ask for help as I have tried to update my laptop Vostro 3400 to Windows 11 version 22h2 but failed many times. I have been trying for months yet it always fails and gives me errors.I tried updating today and it showed me the error 0x80070002. I have...
  8. Windows 11 22h2 update error - 0x8007001f

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 22h2 update error - 0x8007001f: While trying to update Windows 11 with the new feature pack 22H2, I see that installation failed, with the below error. I have also tried force update via Windows 11 iso image, but it fails as well with the same error.Has anyone experienced this issue?...
  9. Windows 11 22H2 update error 0X8007001f

Windows 11 22H2 update error 0X8007001f: I am trying to update my Lenovo to Windows 11 22H2. I tried every means I can search from internet and still receiving the same error. Appreciate if there is any expert who can help take a look error logs. Thanks in advance. Let me know if there is anything I can provide to...
  10. Windows 11 22h2 update error 0x80070002

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 22h2 update error 0x80070002: All I have to know is to how to fix this errorI've tried to found other soultion but all of the come up as a deadendI know this code means that my computer has a corrupted file but everytime the system says it's "FIXED" windows 11 22h2 does not want to download showing the...