Windows 10: Windows 11 22H2 upgrade block partially lifted on computers affected by performance issues...

Discus and support Windows 11 22H2 upgrade block partially lifted on computers affected by performance issues... in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; A few weeks ago, Microsoft confirmed that the Windows 11 22H2 update was causing performance issues in some games, and that it had blocked the upgrade... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Nov 24, 2022.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Windows 11 22H2 upgrade block partially lifted on computers affected by performance issues...

A few weeks ago, Microsoft confirmed that the Windows 11 22H2 update was causing performance issues in some games, and that it had blocked the upgrade on impacted systems. One of these blocks has now been removed, which will allow some users to update their operating system.

Windows 11 22H2 upgrade block partially lifted on computers affected by performance issues... dows-11-22H2-upgrade-block-partially-lifted-on-computers-affected-by-performance-issues-in-games.jpg

This is not the first time Microsoft has had to prevent the upgrade from rolling out to users. Recently, it had to block it on some devices due to an issue with the Xbox Game Bar's capture feature. That bug was quickly fixed in the preview update KB5018496.

Some users with Nvidia graphics cards had reported that they experienced lower performance in games. This issue was patched in the Nvidia GeForce Experience 3.26 update that was released at the end of September.

Microsoft's handling of Windows 11 22H2 has been rather shambolic. There have been a multitude of problems in the OS related to copying files, printing, Windows Hello, Direct Access, and more recently a remote desktop issue. What's shocking here is that all of these bugs surfaced in the span of less than 3 months.

Back to the gaming issues on Windows 11 version 22H2, Microsoft had issued two blocks to prevent the upgrade on certain systems. The safeguard IDs for these were 41766570 and 41990091.

The Redmond company has updated the hold on the 2nd safeguard ID, 41990091. According to a note that has been added to the support page, spotted by Neowin, this safeguard will only block the Windows 11 Upgrade on devices that have one of the small subset of games and apps which are affected by the issue. So if you have a game that is on the blacklist, your computer won't be eligible for the software upgrade until the bugs have been patched out.

Microsoft has not mentioned which games are affected by the bug. This is annoying, isn't it? Unless you upgrade to Windows 11 22H2, you won't experience stutters in the affected games. And if you have multiple games installed, one of them could be the problem, but you won't know that it is the reason why you are unable to update to the latest version of the OS. This makes it very difficult for users to tell whether their PC is impacted or not. On the bright side, if you haven't updated to 22H2 yet, perhaps it would be better to wait for a while until the issues have been sorted out.

Microsoft has recommended users not to update to Windows 11 22H2 manually using the Media Creation Tool to prevent any issues with games.

Personally, I have not had any problems while playing games in Windows 11 22H2. For context, I have played a few AAA games like Doom, Forza Horizon 5, and also some games using emulators such as Cemu and Yuzu. I did not experience any stutters or lags in them, the frame rates have been stable at 60 fps settings.

The OS upgrade will be offered (rolled out) to users about 48 hours after the safeguard has been removed, so it should be available by Friday or Saturday. Microsoft says that users who weren't able to upgrade to Windows 11 22H2 can also check for updates manually, to see if the new version is available for their PC.

Have you experienced poor performance in games on Windows 11 22H2?

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Windows 11 22H2 upgrade block partially lifted on computers affected by performance issues in games appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Nov 24, 2022

2. Still experiencing poor gaming performance after Windows 11 22H2 update

You can actually just use rufus format tool to make a pre-22h2 Windows 11 bootable usb and go back in time. It has a download choice in it with the list of choices to make it easy. I just used it recently although for 22h2 which I'm putting on all kinds of unsupported computers Windows 11 22H2 upgrade block partially lifted on computers affected by performance issues... :)

If you're going to clean install then go pre-22h2 and you'll still get supported updates for a while.

Rufus - Create bootable USB drives the easy way

But, I'm not seeing any noticeable performance difference with 22h2 and Nvidia RTX 2060. Still playing games without noticing loss. So not everyone is affected. I would not put it in as poor at all. Its about the same as Windows 10. Currently using 546.27 driver released October 27, 2022 and I never install Geforce Experience.

--dashdotdot, Nov 24, 2022
  3. Windows 11 Update 22H2 Failure and Problems

Hi Paul. I'm Greg, 10 years awarded Windows MVP, here to help you.

Try these fixes for Windows 11 22H2 failure:

https://pureinfotech.com/avoid-problems-install...

https://windows101tricks.com/windows-11-upgrade...

https://www.windowscentral.com/software-apps/wi...

https://www.minitool.com/news/windows-11-22h2-i...

https://www.windowslatest.com/2022/09/22/window...

Report back results for each step so I know what else to suggest.

Feel free to ask back any questions. Based on the results you post back I may have other suggestions if necessary.

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

Greg Carmack - Veteran MVP - Volunteer Moderator, Nov 24, 2022
  4. Gahenry Win User

Windows 11 22H2 upgrade block partially lifted on computers affected by performance issues...

Upgrading WIndows 11 22H2 gives error

Hello all

I have been running windows 11 for a while now and I decided to upgrade to windows 11 22H2, even though it will disable my ribbon hack for file explorer. Windows 11 22H2 upgrade block partially lifted on computers affected by performance issues... :(

Does anyone have any suggestions? A search found most of the suggestions for this error involve upgrading from windows 10 not to windows 11 22H2 but I have windows 11 as you see below

Windows 11 22H2 upgrade block partially lifted on computers affected by performance issues... 11c7b242-deee-4e46-897f-8de25cb81d0d?upload=true.png

When I downloaded and tried to do the update, the upgrade failed and rolled back. I ran setupdiag and it reported this

Windows 11 22H2 upgrade block partially lifted on computers affected by performance issues... 4cdc5bec-a721-45c2-81cd-3bab32785e78?upload=true.png

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated and Welcomed

Gary

Gahenry, Nov 24, 2022
Thema:

1. Windows 11 22H2 upgrade block partially lifted on computers affected by performance issues... - Similar Threads - 22H2 upgrade block

2. Windows 11 22H2 causing MAJOR battery and performance issues.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 22H2 causing MAJOR battery and performance issues.: Dear Microsoft development team, I just updated to the latest 22H2 version, and since then, my battery life has immensely decreased. My laptop Dell G15 5511 used to give a battery life of a at least 10 hours on balanced mode and 12-14 hours on Ultimate power savings, and now...
  3. Windows 11 22H2 causing MAJOR battery and performance issues.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 22H2 causing MAJOR battery and performance issues.: Dear Microsoft development team, I just updated to the latest 22H2 version, and since then, my battery life has immensely decreased. My laptop Dell G15 5511 used to give a battery life of a at least 10 hours on balanced mode and 12-14 hours on Ultimate power savings, and now...
  4. will windows 11 affect my laptop's performance?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    will windows 11 affect my laptop's performance?: i want to update my laptop to windows 11 but im afraid it will affect my laptop's performance so, will it affect my laptop performance?my specs are : Ryzen 3 3250u ram 8 memory ssd 512 gb amd radeon graphics...
  5. will windows 11 affect my laptop's performance?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    will windows 11 affect my laptop's performance?: i want to update my laptop to windows 11 but im afraid it will affect my laptop's performance so, will it affect my laptop performance?my specs are : Ryzen 3 3250u ram 8 memory ssd 512 gb amd radeon graphics...
  6. Microsoft lifts upgrade blocks ahead of Windows 10 21H1 rollout

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft lifts upgrade blocks ahead of Windows 10 21H1 rollout: For the first time since last October, Windows 10 feature updates are no longer blocked for most users. Microsoft’s latest move could help those stuck on Windows 10 version 1909 and upgrade to Windows 10 version 2004 or 20H2, which were released in May 2020 and October 2020...
  7. Partial Blocking of Website

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Partial Blocking of Website: Hello, I'm using Win10 ver 20H2 OS Build 19042.804. I'm using Chrome browser. I buy debit Visa/Mastercard gift cards on occasion to limit exposing my personal cards on the web. I was caught up in Equifax breach. These gift cards allow you to use them online if you...
  8. Microsoft plans to lift another Windows 10 v1903 upgrade block

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft plans to lift another Windows 10 v1903 upgrade block: There’s a new optional update for PCs with Windows 10 May 2019 Update and it advances the systems to Build 18362.329. Windows 10 KB4512941 comes with a long list of quality improvements, including fixes for a bug that broke Windows Sandbox and Remote Desktop connection. It...
  9. Windows 10 version 1903: some upgrade blocks lifted and new problems

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 version 1903: some upgrade blocks lifted and new problems: Microsoft released the final version of Windows 10 version 1903, the May 2019 Update, at the end of May 2019. The release replaces Windows 10 version 1809 and will be around for longer because Windows 10 19H2, the second feature update of 2019, will just be a cumulative...
  10. Microsoft lifts Windows 10 version 1903 upgrade block for more PCs

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft lifts Windows 10 version 1903 upgrade block for more PCs: Microsoft maintains a list of known issues and upgrade blocks for Windows 10 version 1903. With the latest Patch Tuesday update, Microsoft appears to have lifted the upgrade block for Windows 10 May 2019 Update, or version 1903, allowing more users to install the latest...