Windows 10: Windows 11 2h22 update error 0x800f0801

Discus and support Windows 11 2h22 update error 0x800f0801 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am getting this error when windows try to install the update. the troubleshooter says it fixed the error but it does nothing and shows the same error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by shubhamjangir1, Oct 5, 2022.

1. Windows 11 2h22 update error 0x800f0801

I am getting this error when windows try to install the update. the troubleshooter says it fixed the error but it does nothing and shows the same error every time i run it.IsPostback_RC_PendingUpdatesIsPostback: FalseWaaSMedicServiceIssue found byWindows 11  2h22 update error 0x800f0801 :DynamicProtectionPluginIsPostback_RC_PendingUpdatesIsPostback: TrueService StatusProblem with BITS service : The requested service has already been started. System.Management.Automation.RemoteException More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 2182. System.Management.Automation.RemoteExceptionService StatusProblem with BITS service : The requested

:)

shubhamjangir1, Oct 5, 2022
  2. dpx9922 Win User

2H22 fiasco

I tried installing the 2H22 upgrade a month ago from the preview site. Very prolonged install and after kept getting crashes requiring reboots. I finally just unstalled the update and things returned to baseline. As the final version of 2H22 is available I tried to do a clean install but in spite of deleting partitions on the C: drive, installation apprently went to another NVME drive and the end result was blue screens as well as a requirement that I pick either Windows 11 or Window 10. I ended up with two boot drives. With that mess I disconnected the second NVME and SSD and used Acronis to restore the C: drive. Then reconnected the other drives, deleted the partition on the second NVME drive and reformatted. Finally restored files to that drive. I had no problem installing Windows 11 but big problems trying to install the 2H22 version. In retrospect I should have disconnected the other drives before trying the clean install. Certainly will avoid 2H22 for as long as possible. The system has a Ryzen 7 3700X processor with 32 GB RAM. Two Samsung NVME (960, 980) and a Crucial SSD.

dpx9922, Oct 5, 2022
  3. dism failed. Error: 0x800f0801

This link belongs to an other error code, not mine.

Any thoughts to Error: 0x800f0801

Cannot find any information about it!

Greets Philipp

PhilippReiter, Oct 5, 2022
  4. Windows 11 2h22 update error 0x800f0801

Windows 10 Upgrade Error 11/11/2015

Hi Marianne,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with installing the updates, do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Were you able to see any error notification along with the error code?
    • What is the make and model of your device?
    • Are you able to boot in to the desktop?

This issue might be due to the anti-virus software or corrupted Windows Update Components.

I suggest you to hard reboot the computer and perform the below.

Step 1: Try to eject all the external devices connected to your computer except mouse and keyboard, reboot the computer and check if the issue persists.

Step 2: I suggest you to uninstall the anti-virus software installed on your device and check for the updates.

If the issue still persists,

Step 3: I suggest you to run the Windows Update troubleshooter and check.

Resolves problems that prevents you from updating windows.

Steps:

• Press Windows key and type
      Troubleshooting
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on
      View all in the left pane.
    • Select Windows Update to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter
      and follow the on-screen instructions.

For further reference: How to: Troubleshoot common Setup and Stop Errors during Windows 10
    Installation

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 5, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 2h22 update error 0x800f0801

1. Windows 11 2h22 update error 0x800f0801 - Similar Threads - 2h22 update error

2. Windowss 11 2H22 Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windowss 11 2H22 Update: My Windows was automatically updated to Windows 11 2H22 update and soon after it has severe battery drain. It also doesn't charge beyond some random % and continues to stay there. Loses crazy percentage of battery charge in sleep mode.This is a not a new issue. It has been a...
  3. Windows 2H22 Error Update - 0x80070002

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 2H22 Error Update - 0x80070002: An apology in advance if you do not understand my question very well. I have searched for solutions in my native language Spanish, but none have helped me to solve my problem of updating to Windows 11 2H22.When I try to update with the update tool, I got error 0x80070002. I...
  4. Windows 2H22 Error Update - 0x80070002

Windows 2H22 Error Update - 0x80070002: An apology in advance if you do not understand my question very well. I have searched for solutions in my native language Spanish, but none have helped me to solve my problem of updating to Windows 11 2H22.When I try to update with the update tool, I got error 0x80070002. I...
  5. Windows 11 2h22 update error 0x800f0801

Windows 11 2h22 update error 0x800f0801: I am getting this error when windows try to install the update. the troubleshooter says it fixed the error but it does nothing and shows the same error every time i run it.IsPostback_RC_PendingUpdatesIsPostback: FalseWaaSMedicServiceIssue found...
  6. Cant update to window 11 2H22

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant update to window 11 2H22: Hi, I got some problems in update my windows 11 version. I have tried multiple ways that are deemed a solution, but none works. It just keeps stuck at 0% for downloading, sometime it will go to 6-8% but some random issues will come for example jumps back to 0% or even the...
  7. Cant update to window 11 2H22

Cant update to window 11 2H22: Hi, I got some problems in update my windows 11 version. I have tried multiple ways that are deemed a solution, but none works. It just keeps stuck at 0% for downloading, sometime it will go to 6-8% but some random issues will come for example jumps back to 0% or even the...
  8. How to fix Windows 10 Update Error 0x800f0801

in Windows 10 News
    How to fix Windows 10 Update Error 0x800f0801: [ATTACH]You may see Error 0x800f0801 when you check for updates on your Windows 10 computer. This error is CBS_E_NOT_APPLICABLE which means either of two things, the update can not be installed on this computer or the system can’t process the update. In this article, we are...
  9. Update error 0x800f0801

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update error 0x800f0801: When I want to update windows, the installation stops at about 85% with an error message see above. The download was ok.I think the problem is old, because before I start the update this message appears "Important security and quality fixes are missing on your device"Then I...
  10. dism failed. Error: 0x800f0801

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    dism failed. Error: 0x800f0801: Hi My computer crashed with "critical process died" bluescreen. Since them I cannot boot into windows 10 pro 1903. I started from a latest Windows 10 USB device: sfc /scannow did not helped. Then I tried: dism /image:c:\ /cleanup-image /restorehealth...