Windows 10: Windows 11 Activated Once Before then Unactived and now my geniune product key is invalid?

Discus and support Windows 11 Activated Once Before then Unactived and now my geniune product key is invalid? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I purchase Windows 11 through Microsoft a few days ago. I was able to activate it without a issue. However today the 'activate windows' message... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by KLD_KD, Mar 8, 2023.

1. KLD_KD Win User

Windows 11 Activated Once Before then Unactived and now my geniune product key is invalid?

I purchase Windows 11 through Microsoft a few days ago. I was able to activate it without a issue. However today the 'activate windows' message appeared at the right corner of my screen. I went to activation but my product key no longer work. Instead I receive a error stating my product wasn't valid? I'm rather confused since I did purchase this product - I have the receipt if needed - and this is a genuine copy from the Microsoft Store.

:)

KLD_KD, Mar 8, 2023
  2. JBryan41 Win User

Windows 11 Home to Pro upgrade

Want to upgrade 11 Home to 11 Pro. Tried download, but apparently files transferred were for 11 Enterprise. This will not activate; error is "invalid digital license or product key". This is on a new Surface. How to proceed?

Can withdraw/delete this. The suggestion to downgrade - listed below - with a 'fake' windows 10 key works.

JBryan41, Mar 8, 2023
  3. Invalid Window 8.1 Product Key

OEM is used for clean reinstall on the same machine.

You boot from the 8.1 DVD and clean install if nothing else works.

See if you can install using a generic key, then change it to the correct key:

"How to Do a Clean Install of Windows 8 or Windows 8.1"

http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/2299-clean-install-windows-8-a.html

Make sure that you read Section 4 about using generic keys

If you have a retail
    Windows 8 product key and want to clean install Windows 8.1
    or Windows 8.1 Update, then you would need to enter a generic key below to install unactivated with, and change the product key later on in

step 22
    below to activate with your Windows 8 key.

If you have a retail
    Windows 8.1 product key and want to clean install Windows 8.1
    or Windows 8.1 Update, then you are good.

If you have an OEM Windows 8
    product key and want to clean install Windows
    8.1 or Windows 8.1 Update, then you would need to enter a generic key below to install unactivated with, and change the product key later on in

step 22
    below to activate with your OEM Windows 8 COA product key.

If you want to clean installWindows 8 Enterprise,
    Windows 8.1 Enterprise, or
    W
    indows 8.1 Update Enterprise, then you would need to change the product key later on in

step 22
    below to activate since Enterprise editions do not ask to enter a key at this step.

Bill Smithers, Mar 8, 2023
  4. D Hush Win User

Windows 11 Activated Once Before then Unactived and now my geniune product key is invalid?

Windows 11 Pro Retail Box Product Key

I have activated my unactivated Windows 11 Home by first inserting generic keys, then followed by my purchased Windows 11 Pro product key. It shows that my windows is activated by with a digital license.

When I try to check my product key in Windows cmd through "wmic path softwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey" command, it shows nothing on the product key (refer to this link).

D Hush, Mar 8, 2023
Thema:

1. Windows 11 Activated Once Before then Unactived and now my geniune product key is invalid? - Similar Threads - Activated Once Before

2. Windows 11 Product Key is said to be invalid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Product Key is said to be invalid: I got a new computer was a gift a few weeks ago, and finally went to use Excel, and it asked me to login or type in a product key to activate it. I'd not even thought about it not being activated when I got it. Anyway, went to the command prompt to find the product key and...
  3. Windows 11 Product Key is said to be invalid

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Product Key is said to be invalid: I got a new computer was a gift a few weeks ago, and finally went to use Excel, and it asked me to login or type in a product key to activate it. I'd not even thought about it not being activated when I got it. Anyway, went to the command prompt to find the product key and...
  4. Windows 11 Pro product key showing as invalid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro product key showing as invalid: I recently bought Windows 11 Pro from Walmart. I upgraded my CPU from a Ryzen 5 to a Ryzen 7 in order to meet the system requirements. After doing this, I tried activating Windows 11 and it says the product key is invalid. I know I have never activated it before and I only...
  5. Windows 11 Activated Once Before then Unactived and now my geniune product key is invalid?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Activated Once Before then Unactived and now my geniune product key is invalid?: I purchase Windows 11 through Microsoft a few days ago. I was able to activate it without a issue. However today the 'activate windows' message appeared at the right corner of my screen. I went to activation but my product key no longer work. Instead I receive a error stating...
  6. Why my production key invalid?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my production key invalid?: why my product key is invalid, i had tried another code in google KMS, also invalid. I am sure my windows is original since this included with the laptop. FYI my windows type always changing. Now my windows is 11 pro education, later can be 11 pro, later can be 11 pro N, and...
  7. Why my production key invalid?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why my production key invalid?: why my product key is invalid, i had tried another code in google KMS, also invalid. I am sure my windows is original since this included with the laptop. FYI my windows type always changing. Now my windows is 11 pro education, later can be 11 pro, later can be 11 pro N, and...
  8. Invalid Product Key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Invalid Product Key: I was experimenting if I can install windows 8.1 on my old computer for nostalgic purposes. I have 2 product keys I was able to recover from the command prompt and third party programs. I then installed windows 8.1 iso to my usb and when I attempted to type both product keys...
  9. activation invalid after deletion of product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    activation invalid after deletion of product key: For Code: ProductName : Windows 10 Pro ProcessorArchitecture : x64 EditionId : Professional BuildLab : 17763.rs5_release.180914-1434 ActiveSkuDescription : Windows(R) Operating System, RETAIL channel the product ID was deleted. The operating system was Windows 7 or 8 factory...
  10. To activate my geniune window.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    To activate my geniune window.: My hardisk have been crashed. My backup was also get lost. How to get back my genuine window in my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/to-activate-my-geniune-window/484a7719-ab59-45c8-8834-f8bc4ded29b6