Windows 10: Windows 11 activation with a digital license for Windows 10

Discus and support Windows 11 activation with a digital license for Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My Windows 10 computer died recently, so I have built a completely new one that I intend to run Windows 11 on.I understand that I can use Media... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by hendis, Feb 21, 2022.

1. hendis Win User

Windows 11 activation with a digital license for Windows 10

My Windows 10 computer died recently, so I have built a completely new one that I intend to run Windows 11 on.I understand that I can use Media Creation Tool to make a USB key installer for Windows 10 and that I should be able to activate it using my Microsoft account, effectively moving the license from one PC to another.Here's my question:Must I install Windows 10 first and activate my account before I upgrade to Windows 11 for free?Or can I use a Windows 11 Media Creation Tool to create a Windows 11 installation and activate it with my Microsoft account?

:)

hendis, Feb 21, 2022

2. Digital license

Thats how licensing works with Windows 10, the digital license is attached to your Microsoft Account and makes it easy to reactivate Windows 10 in the event you reinstall it.

Learn more:

Andre Da Costa, Feb 21, 2022
  3. Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License  

This is what i get on step 2

Windows 11 activation with a digital license for Windows 10 [​IMG]

MCardona81, Feb 21, 2022
  4. P4-630 Win User

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

Click to expand... Yeah I went to that site, why do I need to buy a key?
    I won't buy a key, stupid.

I'll revert back to windows 7 then.

When I still was on windows 7, about a year ago I added 4GB extra ram which is a total of 8GB now,
    is that causing the problem?

P4-630, Feb 21, 2022
Thema:

1. Windows 11 activation with a digital license for Windows 10 - Similar Threads - activation digital license

2. Windows 11 Activation Issues With Digital License

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Activation Issues With Digital License: I have a Windows 11 Pro digital license linked to my microsoft account. I'm using a new device now and trying to activate it. It's the same system W11 Pro and I've logged in with my Microsoft account. However, it is not activated. I thought that was because the old device...
  3. Windows 11 isn't activating with digital license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 isn't activating with digital license: Hi there,About 5 or so years ago I bought Windows 10 Home through the Microsoft store for a desktop. I got rid of that machine about 2 years ago, before doing so, I did a fresh Windows install and removed the device from my account. I had a laptop in the interim which came...
  4. Windows 11 Can't activate digital license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Can't activate digital license: So, I upgraded from Windows 10 to 11. I tried finding my product key so I wouldn't have this issue but it seemed that I had a digital license connected to my account guess MS-account. So I reinstalled it completely from scratch.Now, when I have a fresh install and logged in...
  5. Windows 11 Can't activate digital license

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Can't activate digital license: So, I upgraded from Windows 10 to 11. I tried finding my product key so I wouldn't have this issue but it seemed that I had a digital license connected to my account guess MS-account. So I reinstalled it completely from scratch.Now, when I have a fresh install and logged in...
  6. Windows 11 activation with a digital license for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 activation with a digital license for Windows 10: My Windows 10 computer died recently, so I have built a completely new one that I intend to run Windows 11 on.I understand that I can use Media Creation Tool to make a USB key installer for Windows 10 and that I should be able to activate it using my Microsoft account,...
  7. Windows 10 activation "windows is activated with digital license"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 activation "windows is activated with digital license": Last time i installed windows it was Xp, but i built "new" desktop and installed windows 10. It says "windows is avtivated with digital license". Now i read this happens if you have windows license connected to microsoft account. But i have not connected my windows to...
  8. Windows 10 Digital License Activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Digital License Activation: So i have assigned a digital license on my Microsoft 365 account and logged in using the account on my Windows 10 users, still i have a trial period count down. Please help....
  9. Digital License not activating Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Digital License not activating Windows 10: I've recently built a new PC and I'm trying to activate Windows 10 on it. I've reinstalled my Windows on several PCs before and it's never been an issue, it's always activated itself. I have a digital license connected to my Microsoft account, and I am logged in on this PC...
  10. Windows 10 Digital license Activation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Digital license Activation: I recently upgraded my pc New Mother board and CPU at tech shop. I had an old SSD in the PC from an old laptop that was given to me. SSD had a copy of Win 10 on it. I only used it as a data storage device. Not the main HDD Tech Shop set up SSD as Main Boot disk. I have...