Windows 10: Windows 11 adds End Task option to taskbar

Discus and support Windows 11 adds End Task option to taskbar in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft is set to revolutionize the user experience of Windows 11 with the introduction of a much-awaited force quit option and a range of taskbar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, May 25, 2023.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Windows 11 adds End Task option to taskbar

Microsoft is set to revolutionize the user experience of Windows 11 with the introduction of a much-awaited force quit option and a range of taskbar improvements. In response to user demands for a more streamlined and efficient app management process, Windows 11 will now enable users to forcefully close unresponsive or problematic applications directly from the taskbar, mirroring the functionality found in macOS.

Alongside this feature, Microsoft has unveiled other exciting additions, such as enhanced archive support, a cutting-edge AI assistant, and a dedicated platform for developers. Let's delve into the details.

Goodbye Taskbar Manager

Windows 11 users can now bid farewell to the hassle of navigating through the Task Manager to terminate unresponsive apps. The force quit option, akin to its macOS counterpart, will reside conveniently on the taskbar as we saw in the previous Insider build.

With a simple click, users will be able to swiftly close crashed or buggy applications, freeing up system resources and ensuring a smoother overall user experience. This highly anticipated addition was initially spotted in early test versions of Windows 11 and has been officially confirmed by Microsoft at the Build developers conference.

Windows 11 adds End Task option to taskbar Windows-11-end-taskbar_1.jpg
    An option to terminate frozen apps has been added to the taskbar - Image: Microsoft
    Taskbar enhancements are on the way

In response to user feedback, Microsoft has introduced a host of taskbar improvements in Windows 11 to enhance productivity and ease of use. Among the notable features is the introduction of the "never combine mode," which grants users greater control and visibility over their open applications.

Each app window will be displayed individually on the taskbar, accompanied by clear labels, allowing for easy identification and quick access. This enhancement resolves the absence of this feature at the initial release of Windows 11, demonstrating Microsoft's commitment to refining and optimizing the user experience based on user expectations.

Furthermore, the latest Windows 11 test build introduces backup and restore capabilities for PCs, simplifying the process of transferring apps, settings, and even Wi-Fi network credentials to new devices. This feature will undoubtedly be welcomed by users who frequently upgrade or change their hardware, as it eliminates the hassle of reconfiguring their systems from scratch. In addition to these practical enhancements, Microsoft has taken the opportunity to refine the emoji collection in Windows 11, ensuring that the emotive expressions are more recognizable and engaging.

Microsoft has been dealing with Windows 11 problems for a long time. Let's hope that we will soon get the promised perfect operating system.

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Windows 11 adds End Task option to taskbar appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, May 25, 2023

2. Whenever I roll my mouse over the system buttons on my taskbar, like cortana, task view or notifications buttons it flickers off immediately.

I've already already tried those things, and also I tried resetting the icons, which changed nothingWindows 11 adds End Task option to taskbar :(

Ajay Shanmuga Sakthivasan, May 25, 2023
  3. taskbar tranparency

Hi Dan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will surely assist you with this.

I would suggest you to change the desktop themes and check if you are able to see the transparent taskbar.

If that doesn't help I would suggest you to end the explorer.exe and restart it and see if you are able to see the transparent taskbar.

Please follow the steps below to restart explorer.exe:

stop and start Explorer.exe

• Right click on the taskbar and select task manager.

• In the process Right click on windows explorer and end the task

• Restart the task by clicking on the file and select new task

• Type Explorer.exe and press enter.
    And see if it helps.

Do let us know the result. We will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Deepak_Krishnan R, May 25, 2023
  4. imanalien Win User

No restart button in task manager

another easy way to kill tasks, download and install Winaero Tweaker(free) and theres a setting to add a Kill non responding tasks using the desktop right click menu. When you place your cursor on the desktop anywhere and right click the option is at the top of the list, Very handy and you dont have to go through all those steps and well Winaero Tweaker has alot of cool Windows tweaks. Just posting a different suggestion, Im sure your ok with what was suggested here.

imanalien, May 25, 2023
Thema:

1. Windows 11 adds End Task option to taskbar - Similar Threads - adds End Task

2. Add End Task to Windows 11's Taskbar to one-up Close Window

in Windows 10 News
    Add End Task to Windows 11's Taskbar to one-up Close Window: Microsoft's Windows operating system comes with several options to close programs. Common options include using window controls and the Task Manager. Previous versions of Windows, including Windows 10, also included an End Task option when right-clicking on open programs in...
  3. The new end task button on the taskbar does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The new end task button on the taskbar does not work: When I use the end task button, it does nothing, even for programs with 1 service running. I have to use the task manager anyway. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-new-end-task-button-on-the-taskbar-does-not/54cfe6e7-bc0d-4be7-9a02-8ec01f066e6a
  4. The new end task button on the taskbar does not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The new end task button on the taskbar does not work: When I use the end task button, it does nothing, even for programs with 1 service running. I have to use the task manager anyway. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-new-end-task-button-on-the-taskbar-does-not/54cfe6e7-bc0d-4be7-9a02-8ec01f066e6a
  5. Please add taskbar size options to windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please add taskbar size options to windows 11: Changing the size of the taskbar adds more customizable options for the Windows 11 taskbar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-add-taskbar-size-options-to-windows-11/f82d5184-2d90-4966-8032-42c3778afcfd
  6. Please add taskbar size options to windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please add taskbar size options to windows 11: Changing the size of the taskbar adds more customizable options for the Windows 11 taskbar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-add-taskbar-size-options-to-windows-11/f82d5184-2d90-4966-8032-42c3778afcfd
  7. Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 23451 brings an End Task button to the Taskbar's...

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 23451 brings an End Task button to the Taskbar's...: Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 23451 is now available for users in the Dev Channel. The latest update adds a new shortcut to the Taskbar's context menu. Windows 11 will let you End Task from Taskbar's right-click menu Sometimes apps or games may not respond, and you...
  8. How to add Task Manager option in Taskbar context menu in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to add Task Manager option in Taskbar context menu in Windows 11: [ATTACH]In this tutorial, we will show you how to add the Task Manager option in the taskbar context menu in Windows 11. One of the convenient ways to open Task Manager in Windows OS is using the taskbar context menu but Microsoft removed this option in Windows 11. Now, this...
  9. ending tasks and accidentally ended a task that is my desktop and taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    ending tasks and accidentally ended a task that is my desktop and taskbar: I was going through and ending tasks and accidentally ended a task that is my desktop and taskbar. When I minimize task manager there’s just a black screen. submitted by /u/prestoncollins [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gomd62/please_help/
  10. ending task??

in Windows 10 Support
    ending task??: trying to end a task in the task manager and it keeps jumping around how do I stop it so I can find the task I want to end!! 119891