Windows 10: Windows 11 all start apps replaced with just default apps.

Discus and support Windows 11 all start apps replaced with just default apps. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; While using windows 11 laptop,Os build no. 22621.1778 the start apps disappeared and were replaced with windows default pre-installed types of apps.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Al Ameen1, Jun 3, 2023.

1. Al Ameen1 Win User

Windows 11 all start apps replaced with just default apps.

While using windows 11 laptop,Os build no. 22621.1778 the start apps disappeared and were replaced with windows default pre-installed types of apps. The event occured after I lost the wifi connection from my laptop and when I opened the start menu there only 2 apps at the start and and there were other apps spot that doesn't have have app icon , when I clicked on these apps all of them open windows help app... I the restoration of the internet connection all apps where changed to pre- installed default apps .. I have checked the start file location in C:/ drive a few installed apps' file fold

:)

Al Ameen1, Jun 3, 2023

2. Default apps are not working in Windows 10

Hi,

As you are facing issues with accessing the default apps on your computer, let us try the troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the
    Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.

Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter,
    troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of accessing the default apps for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 3, 2023
  3. Bree Win User
    How to change default app for file type

'Open With > Choose another app' has three step, in the first it only offers apps registered for that file type. If you click 'More apps' it lists all registered apps regardless of suitability. Both these steps have the tick-box for 'Always use...' in my 18363.752. The third step, if needed, is 'Look for another app on this PC'. The 'Always use...' must be ticked before taking this step if you want the change to stick. However, WMP appears at the second step.

Windows 11 all start apps replaced with just default apps. 274247d1586781472t-how-change-default-app-file-type-image.png

For a quick look at a JPG almost anything (including WMP) is more practical than Photos which on my system takes more than ten seconds just to open a photo. The OP is probably not aware that the Windows Photo Viewer is still available in W10, but hidden away. That's my default viewer for JPG.

Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10

And, once enabled, is available in Settings > Apps > Default apps.

Windows 11 all start apps replaced with just default apps. 274248d1586782515t-how-change-default-app-file-type-screenshot-4-.png

Bree, Jun 3, 2023
  4. Windows 11 all start apps replaced with just default apps.

Make Photo Moto default photo app?

Hi,

Thank you for the reply.

I do appreciate your efforts and time.

Sorry to know that the issue persists. I suggest you to search for it in Search and pin it to Start Menu.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Go to search and type Photo Moto app. Right-click on it to pin it to Start menu.
    • Go to Search. Type Settings. Click on it open.
    • Click on System. Click on Default apps. Then follow the instructions from the link below to set Photo Moto as default app for Photos.
    Choose the apps Windows uses by default:

Windows help & learning

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jun 3, 2023
Thema:

Windows 11 all start apps replaced with just default apps.

1. Windows 11 all start apps replaced with just default apps. - Similar Threads - start apps replaced

2. Apps taking long or just not starting at all at boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps taking long or just not starting at all at boot: I have a couple of apps selected to startup at boot, but some of them just take insanely long or just wont startup at all. When i open them normally they startup with normal speed. But at startup theyre really slow. Is there a fix?...
  3. Windows 11 all start apps replaced with just default apps.

Windows 11 all start apps replaced with just default apps.: While using windows 11 laptop,Os build no. 22621.1778 the start apps disappeared and were replaced with windows default pre-installed types of apps. The event occured after I lost the wifi connection from my laptop and when I opened the start menu there only 2 apps at the...
  4. Windows 11 Start Menu All Apps - Ghost App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Start Menu All Apps - Ghost App: Hi all,I have leftovers of the app; YouTube still in the all apps part of my start menu. It must have been an extension app, I added with the Opera GX browser, however it did not uninstall when I removed that app.I have tried right clicking, to uninstall it from the start...
  5. Windows 11 Start Menu All Apps - Ghost App

Windows 11 Start Menu All Apps - Ghost App: Hi all,I have leftovers of the app; YouTube still in the all apps part of my start menu. It must have been an extension app, I added with the Opera GX browser, however it did not uninstall when I removed that app.I have tried right clicking, to uninstall it from the start...
  6. Windows 11 start: all apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 start: all apps: All my apps went away in the all apps menu except the system stuff Click Start button then click on All Apps twice to see apps list. All I see is A through Z but M and W are populated. How do I restore everything? Apps were randomly disappearing but this was the big...
  7. Windows 11 start: all apps

Windows 11 start: all apps: All my apps went away in the all apps menu except the system stuff Click Start button then click on All Apps twice to see apps list. All I see is A through Z but M and W are populated. How do I restore everything? Apps were randomly disappearing but this was the big...
  8. Icons in Start Menu of Default Apps are Replaced with an Icon of A Picture

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons in Start Menu of Default Apps are Replaced with an Icon of A Picture: This started a few days ago and I have tried numerous fixes including deleting the IconCache.db file. Running .bat files and refreshing, terminating the apps. I can't seem to fix it. Here's how it looks.[ATTACH]...
  9. Windows 10 'app didn't start' error for all default apps!

Windows 10 'app didn't start' error for all default apps!: Hi! I have been using Win 10 for about 1year now; had some glitches,this one is really troubling,hence the post. My system unfortunately contracted some malware while browsing,including Trotux Not being much of a Tech expert,I rambled through what all I could lay...
  10. Start Menu default showing all apps?

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu default showing all apps?: I recently installed windows 10 on an old notebook and for some reason the start menu looks like this: [img] I don't want it to show the alphabetical list of all the apps by default. On all my other computers the start menu looks more like this one....