Windows 10: Windows 11 always disables touchpad on bootup since update

Discus and support Windows 11 always disables touchpad on bootup since update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Since the most recent update my laptop always disables the touchpad when I boot it up.I didn't change any settings, I don't use an external mouse.The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by anon_069, Feb 21, 2024.

1. anon_069 Win User

Windows 11 always disables touchpad on bootup since update

Since the most recent update my laptop always disables the touchpad when I boot it up.I didn't change any settings, I don't use an external mouse.The first thing I need to do is enable it again. In the device manager the setting "pc can disable device to save power" is diabled and even greyed out for both lsited HID devices. The setting "leave touchpad enabled when external mouse is connected" is enabled, but as mentioned already I don't use an external mouse and just my lenovo digitizer.I have all available updates installed, there are no pending from either Windows or Lenovo, I haven't insta

:)

anon_069, Feb 21, 2024
  2. nxavis9 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Feb 21, 2024
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    How to disable the touchpad.

Hi Ralph,

There are a lot of factors for this issue to occur. To
    isolate the issue, we have some questions for you:

• Were there any changes made before the issue occur?

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If it is a tablet, the touchpad will not be disabled as a design. For more accurate information, we suggest that
    you contact your manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how
    everything goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Feb 21, 2024
  4. Windows 11 always disables touchpad on bootup since update

After Windows 10 update, can no longer disable touchpad. Please help

Hi Feisty

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about disabling the touchpad after Windows Update, do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Are you referring to November Update?
    • What is the make and model of your device?
    • Do you have any issues with functionality of Touchpad?
    • Where exactly were you trying to search for disable option?

This issue might have happened because of corrupted/ outdated touchpad drivers after the update.

If you are unable to access touchpad, I suggest you to connect an external mouse to try the below.

Step 1: Follow the below steps for search for the disable option and try to turn if off.

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard and click on
      Control Panel.

• Click on Mouse.

• On the Device Settings tab of the
      Mouse Properties screen, click the Disable button to turn off the Touchpad.

• Restart the system and check.

Step 2: Update the Touchpad drivers.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Right click on each of the drivers and click on Update driver software.
    Also, try to search for the drivers from Manufacturer's website and try to install the drivers.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 21, 2024
Thema:

Windows 11 always disables touchpad on bootup since update

1. Windows 11 always disables touchpad on bootup since update - Similar Threads - always disables touchpad

2. Windows 11 always disables touchpad on bootup since update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 always disables touchpad on bootup since update: Since the most recent update my laptop always disables the touchpad when I boot it up.I didn't change any settings, I don't use an external mouse.The first thing I need to do is enable it again. In the device manager the setting "pc can disable device to save power" is...
  3. Keyboard and touchpad disabled in windows 10/11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and touchpad disabled in windows 10/11: Hi I have lenovo yoga 7i laptop. Yoga 7 14ITL5Serial number: PF39RHLDProduct number: 82BH00DAAUI installed windows 11 from lenovo website recovery media and also installed windows 10 from Microsoft website. But I am facing same issue in both windows. Keyboard and touchpads...
  4. Keyboard and touchpad disabled in windows 10/11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard and touchpad disabled in windows 10/11: Hi I have lenovo yoga 7i laptop. Yoga 7 14ITL5Serial number: PF39RHLDProduct number: 82BH00DAAUI installed windows 11 from lenovo website recovery media and also installed windows 10 from Microsoft website. But I am facing same issue in both windows. Keyboard and touchpads...
  5. Disable Touchpad in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable Touchpad in Windows 11: How do you disable the "TOUCHPAD" in WINDOWS 11?There aren't any options for disabling the Touchpad under the Settings menu and there aren't any options for disabling the Touchpad in the Device Manager window. I have tried them both. If you try the Device Manage it actually...
  6. Disable Touchpad in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Touchpad in Windows 11: How do you disable the "TOUCHPAD" in WINDOWS 11?There aren't any options for disabling the Touchpad under the Settings menu and there aren't any options for disabling the Touchpad in the Device Manager window. I have tried them both. If you try the Device Manage it actually...
  7. How do I disable the touchpad in W 10 since most recent update?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I disable the touchpad in W 10 since most recent update?: I had my touchpad disabled on my HP laptop but after this most recent Windows 10 update, there is no longer the "disable" option. Does anyone know how to disable it now? Thank you...
  8. Touchpad not scrolling since the Windows update.

Touchpad not scrolling since the Windows update.: I have a Lenovo laptop with Windows 10. Since the update my touchpad won't scroll with two fingers like it did previously. I've tried looking up ways to solve this but they don't work. I think this problem occurs when I restart my computer. thank you....
  9. Disabling the touchpad for Windows 10 update 1903

Disabling the touchpad for Windows 10 update 1903: Okay, so I've had the update for about a few weeks now, and I can't seem to disable my touchpad anymore. Before the update, I had the ability to disable the touchpad whenever my mouse is connected. Now I've no longer got that option. What gives? I've gone under the settings...
  10. Light on the touchpad is always on

in Windows 10 Customization
    Light on the touchpad is always on: I use Toshiba Satallite and faced an issue. The white light on the touchpad is always on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/light-on-the-touchpad-is-always-on/e4e6bb99-1d48-4a88-ae27-595ae0b45fbe