Windows 10: Windows 11 and connecting to network shares

Discus and support Windows 11 and connecting to network shares in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; 1. All advanced share settings are setup correctly on all devices on the network, #1 being no credentials required, except mine. New install on new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Diane Thomas2, Feb 21, 2024.

1. Windows 11 and connecting to network shares

1. All advanced share settings are setup correctly on all devices on the network, #1 being no credentials required, except mine. New install on new computer. Cannot connect to any shares, because I am prompted for credentials which not necessary. However, the one share it will connect to is mine, which DOES require credentials, yet there is no prompt for that.

:)

Diane Thomas2, Feb 21, 2024
  2. Try3 Win User
  3. Can I share a network connection from a VM to the host OS?

hmm, i will assumer no responces = no, i cannot share it... lucky me, i finally got it to work in 7 with steps pretty close... Program Files > Pantech is where you will need to point windows to inorder to the card running in 7... though it would be nice to be able to share hardware and network connections from a VM to the host PC...

beyond_amusia, Feb 21, 2024
  4. Windows 11 and connecting to network shares

Network Sharing

Hi Arya,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

1. Are you trying to share the wireless network connection from Windows device to phone?
    2. What is the make and model of the phone?
    3. Which version of Windows is installed on your device?
    Refer the article ‘Which version of Windows operating system am I running
    to provide the details.

If you’re referring to sharing the Wireless network connection in Windows 10, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below.

1. Press Windows + I key on your keyboard and click on Network & Internet.
    2. On the network & Internet page, click on ‘Mobile hotspot’.
    3. Turn On’ Share my Internet connection with other devices under Mobile hotspot.
    4. The default network name and password will be available under Mobile hotspot.
    5. Enter the same password on the device which you’re trying to connect and check the status of the issue.

If you’re trying to share the internet connection, then refer the article
    Use your PC as a mobile hotspot
    for more information.

If you’re referring to ‘File sharing’, I suggest you to refer the section ‘How do I troubleshoot sharing and folders’ from the article ‘File
    sharing over a network in Windows 10

Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Regards,

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Feb 21, 2024
Thema:

Windows 11 and connecting to network shares

1. Windows 11 and connecting to network shares - Similar Threads - connecting network shares

2. Windows 11 and connecting to network shares

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 and connecting to network shares: 1. All advanced share settings are setup correctly on all devices on the network, #1 being no credentials required, except mine. New install on new computer. Cannot connect to any shares, because I am prompted for credentials which not necessary. However, the one share it...
  3. Cannot connect to a shared printer on the network Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot connect to a shared printer on the network Windows 11: I can see the network printer on other computers. When I try to connect I get a Cannot Connect To Printer. Windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-connect-to-a-shared-printer-on-the-network/d3adb8b8-b808-44dc-bdf4-67629d30e744
  4. Cannot connect to a shared printer on the network Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot connect to a shared printer on the network Windows 11: I can see the network printer on other computers. When I try to connect I get a Cannot Connect To Printer. Windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-connect-to-a-shared-printer-on-the-network/d3adb8b8-b808-44dc-bdf4-67629d30e744
  5. Shared printer shows on network but will not connect - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shared printer shows on network but will not connect - Windows 11: My Win 11 machine was connecting OK to a printer on another machine on the network. After update KB5020622 22H the printer no longer shows on the list of printers and will not reinstall.This is what I've done...Added the latest Win11 driver from the manufacturer's siteGone to...
  6. Shared printer shows on network but will not connect - Windows 11

Shared printer shows on network but will not connect - Windows 11: My Win 11 machine was connecting OK to a printer on another machine on the network. After update KB5020622 22H the printer no longer shows on the list of printers and will not reinstall.This is what I've done...Added the latest Win11 driver from the manufacturer's siteGone to...
  7. Win 11 connecting to network shared printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 connecting to network shared printer: Trying to add a network shared printer to a Win 11 home laptop. The printer is connected via usb on a Win 10 pro pc & is shared & accessible to the homegroup network. The Win 11 laptop gives a 0x00000709 error when I try to connect through file explorer. The laptop can access...
  8. Win 11 connecting to network shared printer

Win 11 connecting to network shared printer: Trying to add a network shared printer to a Win 11 home laptop. The printer is connected via usb on a Win 10 pro pc & is shared & accessible to the homegroup network. The Win 11 laptop gives a 0x00000709 error when I try to connect through file explorer. The laptop can access...
  9. Network Sharing and Connecting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Sharing and Connecting: I'm Not Able To Connect Other Devices In Same Wifi Network I Tried To Change My PC Settings But Still Facing Same Issue. Can Anyone Suggest Me what I Should Do To Solve This Problem So I Can See Other Device Data and To Use Printer As Well....
  10. Sharing network connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sharing network connection: Hello, I'm wondering if anyone is having issues with sharing their internet connection with other devices after a recent update to Windows 10. After installing KB3176936 and KB3176934, I am unable to share my network. My current setup has my laptop connected to the home...