Windows 10: WINDOWS 11 AND USB TO ETHERNET ADAPTER

Discus and support WINDOWS 11 AND USB TO ETHERNET ADAPTER in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all I will start by saying I'm not very tech savvy and really slow at typing so bare with my questions and replies. My issue is my son bought me a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jimmy66TX, Jan 22, 2022.

1. jimmy66TX Win User

WINDOWS 11 AND USB TO ETHERNET ADAPTER

Hi all I will start by saying I'm not very tech savvy and really slow at typing so bare with my questions and replies. My issue is my son bought me a nice new laptop for Christmas , its a Lenovo and has windows 11 . the one it has replaced was running windows 7 , the computer is mainly in my shed and i have a ethernet connection by wi-fi can be slow and lag . So with the new one we needed a usb 3 to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter which the son bought and after so much frustration i have been running on WI-FI and when I've looked in to the adapter it says it doesn't support Windows 11 and i c

:)

jimmy66TX, Jan 22, 2022
  2. rez001 Win User

IP configuration not valid - interference from ethernet adapter?

Solution 1: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1or Windows 10

Step 1:

Go to Device Manager → Network adapters.
    Step 2:

Expand it (Network adapters).

Step 3:

Select your network adapter

Step 4:

Right click on your wireless network adapter or Ethernet adapter and then tap “Update Driver Software”.
    (in this case your network adopter is Ethernet adopter so tap your Ethernet adapter)
    Step 5:

Now on a new window you will need to click on “Browse my computer for driver software”.

WINDOWS 11 AND USB TO ETHERNET ADAPTER [​IMG]

Step 6:

Then select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”.

Step 7:

Now choose the “Manufacturer’s drivers” from the list of two and then click next.

Step 8:

After the completion of the process just restart your PC and check if the problem is solved or not. If not, goto solution 2.

Solution 2: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1,windows10

Step 1:

Open command prompt.
    Step 2:

Just go on hitting the enter after typing the each command.
    netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
    netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disable
    netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
    Step 3:

Now to check if the settings are disabled type:
    netsh int tcp show global
    then hit enter.
    Step 4:

Now the thing left is just rebooting your system and just check if the problem is solved or not and just give feedback.*chuckle*Thumbs

rez001, Jan 22, 2022
  3. Windows 10: ethernet adapter problem (HooToo)

Dear Community,

I have a Lenovo Yoga 13, and am using a HooToo HT-UE01 USB Hub / ethernet adapter to connect to the internet through the USB 3 port of the laptop. Since my Windows 10 upgrade, the ethernet capability has stopped functioning properly (the USB ports are fine).
    If the laptop ever sleeps and is reactivated, or if the laptop is shut down and rebooted, then the ethernet adapter stops working.

When this happens the ethernet adapter vanishes from the Device Manager. To solve the problem I have to disable the USB port (which, strangely, doesn't disable the devices plugged into that port), then enable it, which makes the ethernet adapter appear in
    the Device Manager. Then I have to disable and enable the ethernet adapter, and the problem is solved.

Of course, I do not want to have to do this every time my laptop reactivates, and I had no problem on Windows 8.1.

I have taken the following steps so far with no luck:

• Uninstalled and updated the driver for the HooToo UE01 (Windows 8.1 driver is the most up to date available).
    • Uninstalled and reinstalled the driver of the USB 3.0 port from Lenovo.
    • Just in case, uninstalled and reinstalled the RealTek wifi adapter drivers from Lenovo, in case there was cross talk.

Kind Regards,

James

JamesMillen, Jan 22, 2022
  4. WINDOWS 11 AND USB TO ETHERNET ADAPTER

Sonnet Releases USB 3.0-to-Gigabit Ethernet Adapter

Sonnet today introduced the compact Presto Gigabit USB 3.0, a USB 3.0-to-Gigabit Ethernet adapter. The Presto adapter provides users with a simple way to add Gigabit Ethernet-wired networking connectivity to Mac and Windows computers with USB 3.0 ports, exploiting the 5 Gb/sec SuperSpeed USB 3.0 interface to deliver full Gigabit speed performance with suitably equipped computers. This Sonnet adapter is also backward-compatible with USB 2.0.

With the introduction of thinner and lighter computers, manufacturers continue to remove ports that were once standard. One of the first to go was the bulky RJ-45 connector for Ethernet, the wired networking interface standard. The connector is no longer present on popular computers such as the MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, and many Ultrabook devices. Sonnet's Presto Gigabit USB 3.0 adapter instantly bridges the gap left by the missing onboard RJ-45 port, enabling wired file access and sharing at up to 1 Gb/sec.

WINDOWS 11 AND USB TO ETHERNET ADAPTER Sonnet_USB3.0-to-Gigabit_Ethernet_Adapter_01_thm.jpg

The Presto Gigabit USB 3.0 adapter supports 1000/100/10BaseT auto negotiation and full/half duplex communication, enabling it to connect easily with most networks. It also supports jumbo packet transfers (compared to 1,500-byte standard packets) to provide higher performance and reduced overhead when transferring large files.

The port-powered Presto Gigabit USB 3.0 is energy-efficient while in use, and consumes even less power when no data is being transmitted. This adapter includes a short USB 3.0 cable to keep the device close to the computer and allow the user to see its power, link, and activity LED indicators.

"The Presto Gigabit USB 3.0 adapter is a handy, affordable accessory for anyone whose computer lacks an Ethernet port," said Greg LaPorte, vice president of sales and marketing for Sonnet Technologies. "Its small size, detachable USB 3.0 cable, and bus-powered operation make it an ideal companion for the latest notebook computers. On older computers, this Sonnet adapter also delivers better performance when connected to a 480 MB/sec USB 2.0 port than an onboard 100 MB/sec Ethernet port, making it a great way to upgrade."

The Presto Gigabit USB 3.0 adapter (part number USB3-GE) is now available at a suggested retail price of $39. More information on this product is available at www.sonnettech.com/product/prestogigusb3.html.

Cristian_25H, Jan 22, 2022
Thema:

WINDOWS 11 AND USB TO ETHERNET ADAPTER

1. WINDOWS 11 AND USB TO ETHERNET ADAPTER - Similar Threads - USB ETHERNET ADAPTER

2. vivobook asuslaptop USB to Ethernet adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    vivobook asuslaptop USB to Ethernet adapter: Hello, I bout a USB 2.0 Ethernet Adapter the first time I connected it, it was working fine but then it wasnt connecting afterwards. I'm getting error code 31 for the intelR 82567LF GB network connection. I already tried youtube and nothing is working. Help PLEASE?!...
  3. USB to Ethernet adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB to Ethernet adapter: How to install USB to Ethernet adapter in desktop computer with Window 8.1 and malfunctioned Ethernet LAN card? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-to-ethernet-adapter/d68507df-1491-41ac-ad6d-f03bc100985c
  4. USB to Ethernet adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB to Ethernet adapter: How to install USB to Ethernet adapter in desktop computer with Window 8.1 and malfunctioned Ethernet LAN card? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-to-ethernet-adapter/d68507df-1491-41ac-ad6d-f03bc100985c
  5. WINDOWS 11 AND USB TO ETHERNET ADAPTER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WINDOWS 11 AND USB TO ETHERNET ADAPTER: Hi all I will start by saying I'm not very tech savvy and really slow at typing so bare with my questions and replies. My issue is my son bought me a nice new laptop for Christmas , its a Lenovo and has windows 11 . the one it has replaced was running windows 7 , the computer...
  6. qts1081b usb ethernet adapter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    qts1081b usb ethernet adapter: Hey i have qts1081b usb ethernet adapter, i have installed the driver and it works. But the internet speed is much less than what i would get over wireless connectivity. With wifi i get 65 mbps but with qts1081b usb ethernet adapter i get 5mbps. Is there any settings am...
  7. Ethernet to usb adapter connection issue

Ethernet to usb adapter connection issue: Hello everyone, My laptop is lenovo yoga 2 pro and it doesn't have an ethernet port so I bought an adapter that is one side usb (connect to the laptop) and the other side accepts regular ethernet cable that is connected to the router, at the start everything works fine for...
  8. USB ethernet adapter does not work

USB ethernet adapter does not work: I recently bought and tried to install a Amazonbasics USB ethernet adapter on a friend's laptop. It did not work. no lights on the adapter. Nothing. I went to device manager and updated the driver automatically and it found a newer driver. This time I got some lights on the...
  9. USB ethernet adapter does not work

in Windows 10 Support
    USB ethernet adapter does not work: I recently bought and tried to install a Amazonbasics USB ethernet adapter on a friend's laptop. It did not work. no lights on the adapter. Nothing. I went to device manager and updated the driver automatically and it found a newer driver. This time I got some lights on the...
  10. Ethernet to USB adapter installation in Windows 10

Ethernet to USB adapter installation in Windows 10: Haii How To Install the driver in Windows 10 Surface RT2 USB Ethernet Adapter. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/ethernet-to-usb-adapter-installation-in-windows-10/bbf4c4f6-872a-408e-ada9-6c557c6732fb