Windows 10: Windows 11 applications are not working,settings, task manager,command prompt,no...

Discus and support Windows 11 applications are not working,settings, task manager,command prompt,no... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Just installed windows 11 on a new computer. Everything was working fine and did all updates and restarts I was prompted to do. Now when I log in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ethan Greenlee, Apr 13, 2024.

1. Windows 11 applications are not working,settings, task manager,command prompt,no...

Just installed windows 11 on a new computer. Everything was working fine and did all updates and restarts I was prompted to do. Now when I log in nothing works, I can't restart from task bar, I can't shut down I can't open settings, I can't open task manager. I can't search run to open msconfig to boot into safe mode. Nothing is working, restarting the computer does nothing, shutting down does nothing. Any solutions?

:)

Ethan Greenlee, Apr 13, 2024
  2. bruce1943 Win User

Task Manager not working

Topguncp - I went into Admin Command prompt and followed your three steps which fixed the problem Task Manager now working. Thanks for your assistance. Cheers Windows 11 applications are not working,settings, task manager,command prompt,no... :)

bruce1943, Apr 13, 2024
  3. Windows 10 settings, and task manager wont open.

My Command (admin) will not open. Command will not open, task manager will not open. All since upgrade to creator edition yesterday.

Since I CANNOT get to Command prompt (admin) none of the above solution will work, obviously.

what next? format c:\*.*?????

There is a solution out there somewhere, right????

LionelBooth, Apr 13, 2024
  4. Windows 11 applications are not working,settings, task manager,command prompt,no...

What is the -k for in the command line of Windows 10 task manager?

Hi Vicky,

In Task Manager on Windows 10 and Windows 11, the "-k" parameter is used to display the command line options used to start a specific process. It allows you to view the full command line used to launch a process, which can be helpful in understanding how a particular application or service is being executed.

To access this feature in Task Manager, follow these steps:

1. Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to open Task Manager.
    2. In Task Manager, go to the "Processes" or "Details" tab.
    3. Right-click on the column header (where the process names are listed) and select "Command Line."
    Now, you should see an additional column in Task Manager displaying the command line options for each running process. This will show you the full path to the executable file and any additional parameters used when launching the process.

Keep in mind that some system processes and services may have long and complex command lines, while others may have simpler ones. This feature is useful for troubleshooting, identifying the origin of a process, or understanding how a particular application is running on your system.

Keona Corona, Apr 13, 2024
Thema:

Windows 11 applications are not working,settings, task manager,command prompt,no...

1. Windows 11 applications are not working,settings, task manager,command prompt,no... - Similar Threads - applications are working

2. Command prompt diffrent from task manager.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Command prompt diffrent from task manager.: In command prompt, if I use the command wmic cpu get loadpercentage i get a cpu usage of around 1-10&. in task manager, its about 50% usage. Why are these diffrent, and how can i sync/fix them. In command prompt it also says I have a diffrent processor than task manager, the...
  3. Command prompt diffrent from task manager.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Command prompt diffrent from task manager.: In command prompt, if I use the command wmic cpu get loadpercentage i get a cpu usage of around 1-10&. in task manager, its about 50% usage. Why are these diffrent, and how can i sync/fix them. In command prompt it also says I have a diffrent processor than task manager, the...
  4. Windows 11 applications are not working,settings, task manager,command prompt,no...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 applications are not working,settings, task manager,command prompt,no...: Just installed windows 11 on a new computer. Everything was working fine and did all updates and restarts I was prompted to do. Now when I log in nothing works, I can't restart from task bar, I can't shut down I can't open settings, I can't open task manager. I can't search...
  5. Microsoft Store, Settings, Command Prompt & Task manager not responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store, Settings, Command Prompt & Task manager not responding: I was trying to update Minecraft Bedrock edition and was installing it onto my computer. But every time I tried to open it up, it crashed. I then noticed the blue loading circle continue to appear then disappear around my cursor. I then tried using task manager to see what...
  6. Microsoft Store, Settings, Command Prompt & Task manager not responding

Microsoft Store, Settings, Command Prompt & Task manager not responding: I was trying to update Minecraft Bedrock edition and was installing it onto my computer. But every time I tried to open it up, it crashed. I then noticed the blue loading circle continue to appear then disappear around my cursor. I then tried using task manager to see what...
  7. I can't open notepad, task manager and command prompt

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't open notepad, task manager and command prompt: Can you guys help me with the .LNK files?i only got these files in Registery EditorPlease help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-open-notepad-task-manager-and-command/732e7628-6e52-438c-a25c-986fcdd02e1f
  8. I can't open notepad, task manager and command prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't open notepad, task manager and command prompt: Can you guys help me with the .LNK files?i only got these files in Registery EditorPlease help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-open-notepad-task-manager-and-command/732e7628-6e52-438c-a25c-986fcdd02e1f
  9. I can't open notepad, task manager and command prompt

10. Windows taskbar,task manager, command prompt not working

in Cortana
    Windows taskbar,task manager, command prompt not working: So after I signed onto my PC as usual I noticed that I was not able to click on my taskbar I was only able to open windows file explorer. Any way to fix this?...