Windows 10: Windows 11 applications closed when PC goes in sleep mode

Discus and support Windows 11 applications closed when PC goes in sleep mode in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am using Windows 11 and it is up to date. The problem is, every time I leave my laptop with multiple apps opened and the system goes into sleep mode... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by EyadR, Feb 3, 2023.

1. EyadR Win User

Windows 11 applications closed when PC goes in sleep mode

I am using Windows 11 and it is up to date. The problem is, every time I leave my laptop with multiple apps opened and the system goes into sleep mode I find that some applications were automatically closed and without saving unsaved changes.The affected apps for example are:Notepad: I use notepad for taking quick notes while working in other applications. When putting the system out of sleep mode I find that the app was closed without saving the latest unsaved changes.Remote Desktop: If I am connected to another PC the connection is lost and the app is closed.Winrar: If I am archiving somet

:)

EyadR, Feb 3, 2023

2. Why all applications close when PC goes to sleep?

Since I installed Windows 11 when my PC goes to sleep, all applications are closed and when I turn PC on, it starts from zero so all documents need to be recovered.

There are cases in which sleep mode works fine but those are kind of exceptions.

I don´t know what to do to solve it. I have tried changing some options of the hibernate, sleep parameters but nothing seems to work.

Any suggestion?

EmilioJuárez, Feb 3, 2023
  3. SJ 974 Win User
    Applications close when notebook goes into sleep mode

I'm using Windows 10 on an Asus Transformer notebook.

When I set my notebook to sleep, and subsequently wake it up, it takes an unusually long time to wake-up, and once its working again, it turns out that all applications, web browser pages etc have been closed.

The problem started after my notebook experienced a "bluescreen" problem. I've since tried all sorts of things to remedy the problem, including updating Windows, reinstalling Windows (using the "Reset this PC" function), updating the Intel Management Engine
    interface (as suggested by the Asus support site) etc. All to no avail.

I've tested for the same problem when the notebook runs Windows 10 in safe mode: when running in safe mode, the sleep function works as normal.

Please help?!

SJ 974, Feb 3, 2023
  4. Windows 11 applications closed when PC goes in sleep mode

Windows 11, some applications seem to crash after laptop goes to sleep

Hello,

Currently whenever I close my laptop lid for prolonged periods (so the laptop goes to sleep) there seems to be some apps that seem to crash. They disappear completely from my desktop, or have to be forced to stop in task manager in order to restart them.

These apps are namely:

• Spotify
    • Trello
    • Whatsapp for PC
    • WSL
    • EarTrumpet
    Wifi also seems to stop working after my laptop goes to sleep. I have to turn it off and on again to for it to work.

Steps taken to try fix issue:

• Restored to default power settings
    • Ran power options troubleshooter
    I am currently on the windows 11 insider program, in the Beta branch, and I am on the latest build at the moment

Any advice on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

22623.1037, Feb 3, 2023
Thema:

Windows 11 applications closed when PC goes in sleep mode

1. Windows 11 applications closed when PC goes in sleep mode - Similar Threads - applications closed goes

2. Apps are closing when PC goes into sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps are closing when PC goes into sleep mode: Whenever I put my laptop into sleep and then start it again, all my windows and apps close down. I checked all options from power and sleep settings, advanced power settings, etc. but I could not find anything. My PC is ASUS TUF A16. I checked troubleshooting as well, it did...
  3. Apps are closing when PC goes into sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps are closing when PC goes into sleep mode: Whenever I put my laptop into sleep and then start it again, all my windows and apps close down. I checked all options from power and sleep settings, advanced power settings, etc. but I could not find anything. My PC is ASUS TUF A16. I checked troubleshooting as well, it did...
  4. apps close when laptop goes on sleep mode

apps close when laptop goes on sleep mode: Hi,I have been experiencing an issue with the sleep mode since the windows last update; the issue is some apps like drawboard PDF and media player close automatically when the laptop goes on the sleep mode.I have tried troubleshooting the power but with no success.Is there...
  5. Windows 11 applications closed when PC goes in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 applications closed when PC goes in sleep mode: I am using Windows 11 and it is up to date. The problem is, every time I leave my laptop with multiple apps opened and the system goes into sleep mode I find that some applications were automatically closed and without saving unsaved changes.The affected apps for example...
  6. Windows 11 applications closed when PC goes in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 applications closed when PC goes in sleep mode: I am using Windows 11 and it is up to date. The problem is, every time I leave my laptop with multiple apps opened and the system goes into sleep mode I find that some applications were automatically closed and without saving unsaved changes.The affected apps for example...
  7. Windows 11 applications closed when PC goes in sleep mode

8. Why all applications close when PC goes to sleep?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why all applications close when PC goes to sleep?: Since I installed Windows 11 when my PC goes to sleep, all applications are closed and when I turn PC on, it starts from zero so all documents need to be recovered.There are cases in which sleep mode works fine but those are kind of exceptions. I don´t know what to do to...
  9. Why all applications close when PC goes to sleep?

Why all applications close when PC goes to sleep?: Since I installed Windows 11 when my PC goes to sleep, all applications are closed and when I turn PC on, it starts from zero so all documents need to be recovered.There are cases in which sleep mode works fine but those are kind of exceptions. I don´t know what to do to...
  10. All applications close when laptop goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    All applications close when laptop goes to sleep: I have a brand new XPS 13 9380. Whenever my laptop goes to sleep it exits out all of the applications that were open. How do I fix it so they don't close out? Thanks...